Rumour Tales from the Henley Beach Cafe: CROWS 2021 RUMOURS

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
No club in Adelaide’s position is even considering that deal, and there is absolutely no way we are getting the same player at 4 who we would be taking at 1, that’s fantasy land stuff.

Swans would need to pony up their 2021 first rounder, with us sending them back our 2021 second rounder in exchange to make this work.

That's the premise of this particular discussion. It's based on someone posting their inside info is we're going best mid, not best player. I don't know the players, but I know that JUH goes before us with Dogs matching. if the best available mid is at 5, then we'd be stupid to use 2 on it. Sydney have a good reason to trade into our pick and maybe we get more. But, just overpaying first a mid and turning our back on some extra value would be idiotic.

you want to go from 1 down to 4 for a 2nd round draft pick. it’s list manager suicide.

The premise isn't difficult to understand if you read. If we're bypassing best available strategy for best mid strategy paying 2 for what we can get with 5 without attempting to trade into more value is also list manager suicide. Someone posted we're going best mid with our first pick, not best player. What's your view on that?

I take it you mean 2021 first, because what you’ve proposed is us being reamed with no lube
Of course it's not.

A 2021 Sydney second, which would be about 22, is the equivalent of maybe 14 in this draft.

There is ZERO CHANCE that either Sydney, North Melbourne, Hawthorn or us would trade their 2021 First.

I can't imagine those teams trading ANY picks for next year, to be honest.

Pinch of salt rumour....

We won't be drafting Thilthope OR McDonald as our priority is using our top 2 picks on midfielders.

The rumour is surrounding our rebuilding strategy of:
Year 1 drafting top 10 key defenders
(Did this last year)
Year 2 drafting top 10 midfielders
(Holland's & Phillips - my guess)
Year 3 trade in or F/A key forwards
(known players on radar that will be availible)

It was explained to me in detail and the person has good credibility.

To me I can't see us passing up a home grown tall key forward in Thilthope.

Food for thought.
Nope. The club is highly focussed on the elite SA kids next year. Horne, murley etc... not talls.

given how there’s been zero footy in vic this year how do we know what 2021 draft going to be like for mids? are you talking horne? that’s one. who are the other underages showing promise who are playing?

we need to concentrate on this year and then we can worry about next year.
I’m going off the info from some of the BF draft experts that watch a lot of junior footy.

A few names that were thrown around were Horne, Sonsie, Rachele, Banks etc.

Now a lot can change in a year but it looks like it will be strong draft in 2021 however with the lack of footy played in Victoria this year it certainly makes it difficult to know how these kids have developed.

Of course it's not.

A 2021 Sydney second, which would be about 22, is the equivalent of maybe 14 in this draft.

There is ZERO CHANCE that either Sydney, North Melbourne, Hawthorn or us would trade their 2021 First.

I can't imagine those teams trading ANY picks for next year, to be honest.

There is ZERO chance of any club in history trading down from pick 1 to pick 4, purely to get a pick in the 20s the following year.

Anyone who would even consider doing so is completely delusional and has no concept of the value of an upgrade from pick 4 to pick 1.

I don’t believe for a second that we will trade pick 1, but if we did, it would involve us getting one of the following packages:

1) A 2020 Top 5 pick, AND a 2020 Top 15 pick

2) A 2020 top 5 Pick, AND a 2021 1st round pick, with us sending our 2021 second rounder (or our 2020 second rounder) back to the other team.

Any less than that, and the other club would be laughed out of the room.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There is ZERO chance of any club in history trading down from pick 1 to pick 4, purely to get a pick in the 20s the following year.

Anyone who would even consider doing so is completely delusional and has no concept of the value of an upgrade from pick 4 to pick 1.

I don’t believe for a second that we will trade pick 1, but if we did, it would involve us getting one of the following packages:

2) A 2020 top 5 Pick, AND a 2021 1st round pick, with us sending our 2021 second rounder (or our 2020 second rounder) back to the other team.

Then it's not going to happen.

Next year is a superdraft. This year is a lucky dip. It's insane to think anyone is trading anything of value next year.

To be fair, 1 to 4 is a big drop. If we have 1 and 2, and we trade 1 to 3? That's probably closer to doable, if you know who the other club is targeting and you're happy with who's left for you to get.

I still think NM will love the idea of getting to pick 1 for McDonald.

Next year is a superdraft. This year is a lucky dip. It's insane to think anyone is trading anything of value next year.

To be fair, 1 to 4 is a big drop. If we have 1 and 2, and we trade 1 to 3? That's probably closer to doable, if you know who the other club is targeting and you're happy with who's left for you to get.

yes unless they nabbed daniher or cameron as FA then I would be less confident they take ronald. also slightly concerned because goldy is near the end and they might look to TT.

Your first sentence shows you just refuse to read. The reason isn't purely to get the pick next year. There's no point reading the rest until you discuss based upon the actual reason. The trade only occurs because a decision that is contrary to normal practices has been made. Can you remember what that decision was? Pick it up from their and post again.

Thing that doesn't make sense to me about your proposed trade is they're the pick after us - whether that's 2 or 3.

If we're willing to give up one of our picks to let them jump up, it means we're not interested in the guy we think they'll pick. They should also know we wouldn't give up a top end talent that we'd rate as pick 1 to get a pick 20 odd in another draft so why not decline and know the guy they want will fall to pick 2/3?

Thing that doesn't make sense to me about your proposed trade is they're the pick after us - whether that's 2 or 3.

If we're willing to give up one of our picks to let them jump up, it means we're not interested in the guy we think they'll pick. They should also know we wouldn't give up a top end talent that we'd rate as pick 1 to get a pick 20 odd in another draft so why not decline and know the guy they want will fall to pick 2/3?
i just hope we get pick 2 as compo so we don't need to worry about any of this s**t because we need hollands and TT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back