Rumour Tales from the Henley Beach Cafe: CROWS 2021 RUMOURS

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
1. I doubt we would offer that much coin.
2. Would be deadset stupid to tell the club these intentions that far out.
3. Your a Port flog.

I don't think 1. is that far off it. $450k would be overs in years 1 and 2, but unders in 3 & 4. My first instinct on that is that it's good news that we're forward rewarding up and comers. McAsey may well go, but we'll do better going forward if that's the kind of deals we're prepared to offer quality kids on the up.

Either that or he hasn't gelled with the players at all or has issues a coach etc. It is a workplace after all.

Though what is kind of bizarre about the timing (and why I don't buy it, though I do believe we'll inevitably table an offer around that 4x450 mark) is there is still another draft to go. If you're struggling with gelling with a group, well that dynamic is going to get changed up.

I reckon most our recent first rounders have been extended by early in season 2. No doubt that by about May there'll be an offer on the table if not already.

So the Fish rumour is blatantly obvious as nothing more than a Port troll. Ignore the flog who posted it.

What I do think is interesting is that this draft has tall forwards at the pointy end, and given we saw Fish's best work this season in the forward line, who we draft will probably give us an indication as to where we see Fish's future - forward or back.

I doubt our drafting will tell us much. When drafting that high, needs have very little to do with our choice. Also when drafting Key Talls, you need an element of "scatter gun". Can't put your eggs all in one basket when talking about positions that have a notoriously high "fail" rate.

Personally McAsey is a key defender every day of the week, just needs a solid summer in the gym, especially focusing on core/lower body strength and not just building his arms(Hartigan style). Also needs our midfield not to be getting hammered. Most of his defensive games our midfield were woeful. Makes life very different for key talls in general, let alone a 1st year tall playing 2nd tall defender.

Isn't it a positive Roo does not mingle with the players? I was more concerned he may he at the club every day.

100% imo. Someone had intel a few months ago that he was always at the club blustering around like a hero. I like the new version better.

Lol, C'mon mate you would believe it wouldn't you

That a player would leave after his first contract is up? 3 first rounders are leaving GWS this very trade period, we're getting 1 of them. Of course I believe it can be true, so I post around the topic. Fog, Jones and McHenry all extended during their first season. I'd suggest it's much more likely than not that we've put a contract in front of McAsey, $450k x 4 sounds right, telling us he's out at this stage is a fair stretch though.

Note that Gooch extended prior to start of second season (January). Both Milera and Dood during second season. Milera in April and a Dood as late as August. Lever late in his first season.

I doubt our drafting will tell us much. When drafting that high, needs have very little to do with our choice. Also when drafting Key Talls, you need an element of "scatter gun". Can't put your eggs all in one basket when talking about positions that have a notoriously high "fail" rate.

Personally McAsey is a key defender every day of the week, just needs a solid summer in the gym, especially focusing on core/lower body strength and not just building his arms(Hartigan style). Also needs our midfield not to be getting hammered. Most of his defensive games our midfield were woeful. Makes life very different for key talls in general, let alone a 1st year tall playing 2nd tall defender.

Should have played later in the year with a freshened body and our mids doing a whole lot better. But we preferred 2021 depth player Hartigan and an injured Talia ahead of him.

Should have played later in the year with a freshened body and our mids doing a whole lot better. But we preferred 2021 depth player Hartigan and an injured Talia ahead of him.

I don't know how fresh he would have been late in the season, both mentally and physically, seeing he had 10 games in a period where we were getting belted left right and centre as a 1st-year key defender. I don't have too much issue with calling it there with 2020, as much as being involved with a win late in the season would have been handy.

Either that or he hasn't gelled with the players at all or has issues a coach etc. It is a workplace after all.

Though what is kind of bizarre about the timing (and why I don't buy it, though I do believe we'll inevitably table an offer around that 4x450 mark) is there is still another draft to go. If you're struggling with gelling with a group, well that dynamic is going to get changed up.

Don't give this one oxygen. Bury it here.

So the Fish rumour is blatantly obvious as nothing more than a Port troll. Ignore the flog who posted it.

What I do think is interesting is that this draft has tall forwards at the pointy end, and given we saw Fish's best work this season in the forward line, who we draft will probably give us an indication as to where we see Fish's future - forward or back.
Salient

I don't know how fresh he would have been late in the season, both mentally and physically, seeing he had 10 games in a period where we were getting belted left right and centre as a 1st-year key defender. I don't have too much issue with calling it there with 2020, as much as being involved with a win late in the season would have been handy.

9 games. Surely you don't count round 1 in the sequence. If we're going to play him to the point we did, then surely you give him a month breather and give him the last 3. If you're not going to do that, perhaps Butts gets the last 3 games. One or the other, you choose.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

9 games. Surely you don't count round 1 in the sequence. If we're going to play him to the point we did, then surely you give him a month breather and give him the last 3. If you're not going to do that, perhaps Butts gets the last 3 games. One or the other, you choose.

Dropped in round 12. If you give him a month breather, that'd only leave Richmond.

We should have played Butts more though. Looked capable despite lacking size.

Given how shattered McAsey was on draft night, it wouldnt really surprise if he was seeking to go back to Vic.

I'm personally looking forward to Lever 100th game for Adelaide in 2021, and very irritated that the Saints got 200 games out of Rory Sloane.

Well that makes Martin and we were also the only club beyond Bris to talk to Hodge. Sounds like we do what we can from our side but if people don't want to come over you cant make them. This is for all the club-should-chase-so-and-so's on this board, looks like we go as hard as anyone.
Shhh. That doesn't fit with the usual suspects cries of completely incompetent club... blah blah blah

Big call by the lad *if true. Theres still a big preseason and full season to build relationships and mature. Would have been a tough year for all our draftees but I can see things settling down and returning to a bit of normality next year.

Plenty of time to turn him around. *if true
We tried that with Tippett. It did not end well.

But we've just found out Brian Taylor knows his Dad, and has connections....
The thing I don't buy is we would have interviewed him a year ago about the prospect of moving to Adelaide. You'd get signs from that about how he'd feel about the move.

If we give him games and a decent contract, which it seems like we are, then the only remaining reason would be he hates it here. Surely that's something a pre-draft interview would catch, especially with our talk of drafting good leader type blokes.

If he was enough of a flight risk to tell the club a year out he's gone, then we would catch it before the draft.

On CPH1831 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back