Rumour Tales from the Henley Beach Cafe: CROWS 2021 RUMOURS

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Can’t argue there, lol.

There is not a single picture of me on the internet and I plan to keep it that way. ;)

EDIT: shucks, alright...
45d3ecfced6034a3f8eec438f2849a61.jpg

I suppose it's just a novelty now, seeing all of the key players are gone. Bit like Essendons injection program.

It certainly destroyed a top 4 side, so there will be a bit of interest in it for the foreseeable future.
Interesting that you don't hear from every single ex-Essendon player about it though. Must have been a good non-disclosure agreement in place.
Odd that we didn't put one in place.

On the back of the Fog picture, I heard that the younger blokes (seasons 2-4ish) are absolutely hammering the running program.

Apparently the playing group agreed they were underprepared for the return of football after the Covid break. They have vowed to be super fit this year.
The players were given a 'suggested' program for their time off, but have gone well beyond it and are doing really intense running sessions 4-5 times a week.

I can't even begin to tell you how happy this makes me!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

On the back of the Fog picture, I heard that the younger blokes (seasons 2-4ish) are absolutely hammering the running program.

Apparently the playing group agreed they were underprepared for the return of football after the Covid break. They have vowed to be super fit this year.
The players were given a 'suggested' program for their time off, but have gone well beyond it and are doing really intense running sessions 4-5 times a week.

I can't even begin to tell you how happy this makes me!

So basically Matt Hass gave them a program, the players deemed it was insufficient and are off doing their own thing

Great news

So basically Matt Hass gave them a program, the players deemed it was insufficient and are off doing their own thing

Great news
Not quite sure I would say that, more that the players have gone above and beyond.
I'm very hopeful that by the time the actual preseason starts, some of these guys will be setting/breaking records. Hopefully this leads to a few breakout seasons as well.

incentives? They’d be caught by TPP

you have to pay to get people to sign NDA’s, and that would be caught by the cap
What if they have a 10 year NDA, and then there is an agreement they once that lapses, they get a payment. They players aren't employees at that point, so it's not under the cap.

Not quite sure I would say that, more that the players have gone above and beyond.
I'm very hopeful that by the time the actual preseason starts, some of these guys will be setting/breaking records. Hopefully this leads to a few breakout seasons as well.

Well, if there is something that might make us climb out of the basement quickly, players going above and beyond as a whole would certainly do it.

Dmac out for a month after having an arthroscopy on his knee.

Never fear though - he'll be right to go for R1.

Well, if there is something that might make us climb out of the basement quickly, players going above and beyond as a whole would certainly do it.
Nobody likes losing, last year would have been incredibly hard for a lot of our players, if their mentality is that they need to work harder, then I'm glad our younger players are mature enough to realise that they needed to put in more work to be better and aren't blaming it on a game plan or a structure or a line coach.

Nobody likes losing, last year would have been incredibly hard for a lot of our players, if their mentality is that they need to work harder, then I'm glad our younger players are mature enough to realise that they needed to put in more work to be better and aren't blaming it on a game plan or a structure or a line coach.

The last few years, a number of our older players have seemed happy to just collect their pay cheque each week. Probably going through the motions from the GF, the camp and or their own issues.

Any improvement in our culture is going to come from the likes of ROB, Matt, Laird, Doedee and Keays, as well as the Sholl, Hamill, McHenry group as they mature.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back