Rumour Tales from the Henley Beach Cafe: CROWS 2021 RUMOURS

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
He also ruined his chances of a fatter payday through his late night indiscretion, which ultimately cost us a higher pick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brad definitely a Rocket Scientist off field.

Imagine with the biggest pay day of your field, lilterally within touching distance and you decide to make video tapes on Hindley Street. That was special.

He also ruined his chances of a fatter payday through his late night indiscretion, which ultimately cost us a higher pick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I highly doubt that late night escapade cost Brad a cent. If anything, not getting an AA jumper and injuries earlier on in his career did. It probably made him feel more loyal to the Saints if anything, seeing they reached out to him almost immediately.

He still picked up a rather healthy payday, and one befitting of his career so far.

Don't use 2x 1st rounders would be a start.

It's the past now... but let's not kid ourselves as we paid overs.

Reid was instructed by Fagan, who sat on LM Committee with Pyke, Roo and Burton that he wasn't to leave to room without Gibbs. Reid had showed the year prior he was happy to leave an overpriced Gibbs on the shelf. In 2017 that option was removed. Fagan was very open in accepting full credit for the Gibbs acquisition. But no doubt there'd have been board involvement.

1970 making himself look a fool, it's been a while.

I have to laugh at the posters that believe that everyone we've got is awesome despite actual results suggesting there's huge issues. Collectively we're clearly s**t, but individually it's guru city inside the 4 walls. We've certainly elevated ourselves to a new level these last 3 years. As usual, there's quite a few a little slow on the old uptake.

See, that's the thing.

He gave up a very late first for a very early second in a better draft. Then traded that second for TWO seconds.

Im not going to argue Gibbs is a good deal, but I think we criticise it more than it deserves.

Plus the future component looked worse after Burton and Pyke destroyed the hammies and mental fabric of the group.

The Sloane 5 year deal is not as bad as everyone makes out. He re-signed with us when the media/camp pile on was in full effect. He'll be around until 2023 to work with the squad and bring the young ones through, and then either retire, go elsewhere, or play year-by-year.

He is a heart and soul player, the sort you build a culture around (along with Tex, Talia, Smith, etc). Guys like Sholl, Pedlar would work harder at training, walk taller, and feel prouder at a club like ours knowing Sloane had their backs, rather than him chasing an extra year in Melbourne.

Even if his on-field output falls below expectations, his off-field contribution should not be under-stated.

So exactly what people said about VB?

Happy with Binuk’s work.

He’s quoted as saying that JR isn’t interested in his input on contract negotiations so I am not inclined to blame Binuk for any of the dumb contracts.

By putting some calculations around pick values and likely positions he probably influenced us to do more pick swaps vs if we felt more “in the dark”. And I think we’ve done okay with them. Good.

However dunking on a journalist is childish. Felt good in the moment but probably not the wisest. I’m sure the industry won’t hesitate to return the favour.
Wait, you think other journos will stick up for Tom Browne? 😂 As noted in this thread, some journos follow his parody account and Binuk’s reply got some likes from well respected media people like Mitch Cleary. I don’t think there is anyone in the industry who will bother to ‘return the favour’.

That is the brightest, shiniest, glass half fullest appraisal of crows recruitment I have yet seen, i admire the positivity.

Now write one for him but write it as though he wasnt a key leader in the recruitment team that assembled the worst AFL list in recent memory :)

Wow this guy Joined last month and is already bitter and twisted. Does anyone vett these BigFooty applications? Should be a minimum amount of years served before you come out with this rubbish...

That is the brightest, shiniest, glass half fullest appraisal of crows recruitment I have yet seen, i admire the positivity.

Now write one for him but write it as though he wasnt a key leader in the recruitment team that assembled the worst AFL list in recent memory :)
We are miles from the worst list in recent memory. We're not even the worst list in the AFL today, Kane.

Wait, you think other journos will stick up for Tom Browne? 😂 As noted in this thread, some journos follow his parody account and Binuk’s reply got some likes from well respected media people like Mitch Cleary. I don’t think there is anyone in the industry who will bother to ‘return the favour’.
Hutchy and Barrett love taking the piss out of Browne on The Sounding Board podcast, and you can feel the disdain that BT and the rest of the Channel 7 commentary team have for him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We are miles from the worst list in recent memory. We're not even the worst list in the AFL today, Kane.

I wouldn't say we're not miles off the worst in recent times, we were looking like emulating Melbournes 2012 for a long portion of last season.

We're definitely have the worst list this season as well. After all, we came last and managed to get worse in the short term with list quality.

There is room to be very optimistic about our list going forward, however. Still a fair way to go to even overtake North/Hawks/Essendon.

Last edited:
no, individual compo picks for individual players. Think only last year - we lost B Crouch AND Hartigan as free agents and got separate compo picks for each player

If I wanted to nitpick (and I do :p), Hartigan was a trade for a 2021 4th rounder, not a FA move, and therefore not a compo pick. Hawks elected to trade instead of take him as a FA to avoid diluting their compensation for whoever it was they lost... Isaac Smith?

I wouldn't say we're not miles off the worst in recent times, we were looking like emulating Melbournes 2012 for a long portion of last season.

We're definitely have the worst list this season as well. After all, we came last and managed to get worse in the short term with list quality.

There is room to be very optimistic about our list going forward, however. Still a fair way to go to even overtake North/Hawks/Essendon.
Oh s**t, we're miles ahead of Hawthorn. That's barely a VFL quality list.

And not to sound too optimistic, but we certainly were a lot better than last for the last couple of months of the season. Pretty much every stat pointed towards a reasonable improvement once Nicks could actually get some of his system being played.

We're probably around 12th to 15th.

I've been meaning to ask. Didn't you make the Kristoff name change bet with Faith? If that's the case I don't think you need to hold up that bet anymore, clearly Faith isn't honoring his bet with Crow til I die.

The Sloane 5 year deal is not as bad as everyone makes out. He re-signed with us when the media/camp pile on was in full effect. He'll be around until 2023 to work with the squad and bring the young ones through, and then either retire, go elsewhere, or play year-by-year.

He is a heart and soul player, the sort you build a culture around (along with Tex, Talia, Smith, etc). Guys like Sholl, Pedlar would work harder at training, walk taller, and feel prouder at a club like ours knowing Sloane had their backs, rather than him chasing an extra year in Melbourne.

Even if his on-field output falls below expectations, his off-field contribution should not be under-stated.
I get all of this, but he's physically cooked. He can't ever reach the levels he needs to in order to be picked on merit now. If you are happy for us to keep playing Sloane for the next 2 years while someone like Pedlar plays SANFL, well I don't know what to say.

I'm going to be really interested to see Sloane in the Amazon doco. I don't think he's a great captain. Yes he is a heart and soul type and yes he leads by example on field, but does he go out of his way to build the younger guys up off field as a Captain should? Will be interesting to see if any of that comes through.

I get all of this, but he's physically cooked. He can't ever reach the levels he needs to in order to be picked on merit now. If you are happy for us to keep playing Sloane for the next 2 years while someone like Pedlar plays SANFL, well I don't know what to say.

I'm going to be really interested to see Sloane in the Amazon doco. I don't think he's a great captain. Yes he is a heart and soul type and yes he leads by example on field, but does he go out of his way to build the younger guys up off field as a Captain should? Will be interesting to see if any of that comes through.
I tend to agree that Sloaney has only really turned into an average captain at best. In all the media the club has put out during that time, as well as on the players Instagram I never see that much engagement between Sloane and the next generation (or any for that matter). He might do it all behind closed doors, but guys like Tex, Lynch and now even Doedee are all over the next generation, with clear and obvious engagement in their lives.

I've just never really seen that with Sloane since he became captain. Kind of makes him seem more isolated in his leadership, rather then followed!

I've been meaning to ask. Didn't you make the Kristoff name change bet with Faith? If that's the case I don't think you need to hold up that bet anymore, clearly Faith isn't honoring his bet with Crow til I die.
Yeah, I changed from Kristof to Mego Red when Kosi Pickett got selected so early in the draft.

I could change it back, I guess ... It hadn't really occurred to me?

Yeah, I changed from Kristof to Mego Red when Kosi Pickett got selected so early in the draft.

I could change it back, I guess ... It hadn't really occurred to me?
Mate i'd do it simply to highlight the fact that Faith doesn't follow through with his side of his bets!

Wow this guy Joined last month and is already bitter and twisted. Does anyone vett these BigFooty applications? Should be a minimum amount of years served before you come out with this rubbish...
Alex 5.0 ???

Kristof was so confident that Kosi Pickett would not go first round that he told Faith he would change his name if it happened. Then Melbourne reached for Kosi at pick 8 from memory.

Kristof honored the bet and became Mego Red
Thanks for that.

What was Faith's bet? That we wouldnt go after RT?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back