Rumour Tales from the Henley Beach Cafe: CROWS 2021 RUMOURS

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
How’s Will Gould travelling these days?

Did some snooping on the Swans board recently and the sentiment seems to be disappointing.

Sounds a bit like Ben Davis for us. Has talent, just has no hunger for the contest.

A shame, I was definitely interested in drafting him. Maybe it's just homesickness?

do you think these negotiations all happen on the day. Port had a plan to get picks and let them know a long way out, what we were was the 2nd bidder to drive the price up or Freo would've jumped early at our "Good Deal". They knew better was coming. like I said I can offer the $100k for the bottle of Grange but if the seller knows there is somebody coming to the party with $150k they aint gunna sell it to me.

It was known a few weeks out that Neale wanted out to Brisbane and in trade weeks that Freo didn't want just pick 5, how we didn't swoop then is just disappointing and shows a lack of heart to try and better the club. I'd be pretty certain that 8 and 16 would have got us over the line on that deal but we were apparently outbid by a team with a worse hand...or we never jumped to make it happen

I think the deal for pick 5 is a bit more complicated than people are making out.
For starters, moving from pick 5 to pick 6 is not that much of a deal. Moving from 5 to 9 is. (using wiki, why it wasnt 8 I dont know)
Sam Mayes? Equal to pick 35? ( I dont know the story there)
2019 3rd round pick. Sweetner?

Yet Francis for all his supposed personal issues has re-signed twice when Essendon have put a contract in front of him....Pass.
His parents wanted him to stay at Essendon when he wanted to return home. My mail a couple years ago, he wanted to come home to be around his Riverland friends and family. Early on, Essendon had neglected him given his issues when drafted.

He may have elected to give it one more go. He was obviously not ok in 2017. Essendon seemed determined to hold him to his contract regardless of his mental health. Be interesting to see how the Crows might be portrayed in the media if they acted the same way toward a Bailey Smith for example.

Im a bit of a soft touch though and will always look at the boys side with how tough the environment is for them at the best of times
From what I was told, his parents wanted him to tough it out.

Did some snooping on the Swans board recently and the sentiment seems to be disappointing.

Sounds a bit like Ben Davis for us. Has talent, just has no hunger for the contest.

A shame, I was definitely interested in drafting him. Maybe it's just homesickness?
I actually think Gould is more like Fog - A big bodied kid, who was able to dominate junior levels because of his size and strength advantages, but has struggled once they competed regularly with men.

I actually think Gould is more like Fog - A big bodied kid, who was able to dominate junior levels because of his size and strength advantages, but has struggled once they competed regularly with men.

It's an interesting one. I know he's best mates with Harry Schoenberg, and is a country boy himself, no?

Might not be suited to Sydney, might not have settled there very well.

Wonder if he gets de-listed?

And you dont think the crows could have initiated those discussions months out as well considering the crows KNEW their picks whereas port had to set up trades to get their picks

But to your second point, if you have that bottle of grange before committing to any party to sell and port tell you they will be able to pay $100 for it, but the crows had told you they will be able to pay $300 for it..you are going to say nah, i'll take the $100?. I mean you might but you'd be a bloody idiot

The point is that had the crows been awake at the wheel, they had a far better hand to offer freo for that pick than port. They slept and we all watched in horror as port traded up to get into the elite top 7 as it was dubbed at the time while we did nothing

To my eyes, the way the club approached the top end of that draft from a crows perspective was like watching a slow motion trainwreck
Um, I think you need to read my post again because that is exactly what I was saying, we offered $100 but Port offered $300 but it will take time to get the cash together. so thanks for agreeing with me.

Um, I think you need to read my post again because that is exactly what I was saying, we offered $100 but Port offered $300 but it will take time to get the cash together. so thanks for agreeing with me.
no, it very much looks like we offered nothing and port offered $100 when we had $300 to offer..why didn't we as that was the door to get inside the top 7 of that draft

no, it very much looks like we offered nothing and port offered $100 when we had $300 to offer..why didn't we as that was the door to get inside the top 7 of that draft
So in reality you wanted to sell the farm. Glad your not in charge then. We offered, Port offered more, we went "tell 'em they're dreaming" and walked away.
right move IMHO.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So in reality you wanted to sell the farm. Glad your not in charge then. We offered, Port offered more, we went "tell 'em they're dreaming" and walked away.
right move IMHO.
well I will flip that, I am glad you are not in charge because your softly softly meek approach has got this club how many premierships this century? As for selling the farm, picks 8 & 16 were better than what port offered and should would have been enough to have got a deal for pick 6 done. You happy with Jones & McHenry instead of Rozee or Ben King because I am not - wasn't then and are not now

It was known a few weeks out that Neale wanted out to Brisbane and in trade weeks that Freo didn't want just pick 5, how we didn't swoop then is just disappointing and shows a lack of heart to try and better the club. I'd be pretty certain that 8 and 16 would have got us over the line on that deal but we were apparently outbid by a team with a worse hand...or we never jumped to make it happen
I'm pretty sure the big attraction for Lachie Neale to Brisbane was that one of his best mates from South East SA junior footy days Lincoln McCarthy was also heading to Brisbane, that's what a current Lions player from around these parts told me a while back when I ran into him in town.

I'm pretty sure the big attraction for Lachie Neale to Brisbane was that one of his best mates from South East SA junior footy days Lincoln McCarthy was also heading to Brisbane, that's what a current Lions player from around these parts told me a while back when I ran into him in town.
Does the current player’s last name rhyme with Buggage or Terry? 😉

Does the current player’s last name rhyme with Buggage or Terry? 😉
Hasn't Lincoln McCarthy been a revelation at Brisbane now they've got his body right.

Think their medical/physio.conditioning guys might have got a bit over confident in their ability after that success with a player the Cats couldn't get right because Nakia hasn't turned out to be the same easy fix thus far.

It's based on the multiple premierships we clearly won over the past decade.
We’re not talking about the AFLW team*…

*Yes, I did catch the sarcasm

It's an interesting one. I know he's best mates with Harry Schoenberg, and is a country boy himself, no?

Might not be suited to Sydney, might not have settled there very well.

Wonder if he gets de-listed?
I can relate. I was relocated to Sydney as a 20 year old with work and the transition was extremely difficult. With no support I suffered depression and it wasn’t until 6 years later that I was able to get a transfer (only after the house I was sharing burned to the ground).

The issues can be real

Hasn't Lincoln McCarthy been a revelation at Brisbane now they've got his body right.

Think their medical/physio.conditioning guys might have got a bit over confident in their ability after that success with a player the Cats couldn't get right because Nakia hasn't turned out to be the same easy fix thus far.

The fixed Cletus Daniher, maybe Nokkys body won't stand AFL loads

well I will flip that, I am glad you are not in charge because your softly softly meek approach has got this club how many premierships this century? As for selling the farm, picks 8 & 16 were better than what port offered and should would have been enough to have got a deal for pick 6 done. You happy with Jones & McHenry instead of Rozee or Ben King because I am not - wasn't then and are not now
Port offered pick 6. The best we had was 9. They also took Mayes who wanted to come home.

Yeah nah that story was told free to air on Friday night footy mate

Any news on Dylan Stephens. Just looking at stats, he didn't exactly carve it up on the weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back