Rumour Tales from the Henley Beach Cafe: CROWS 2021 RUMOURS

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well you aren't discussing a rumour.

I mean can you read? Poor mods, havi g to deal with people who don't discuss rumours in the rumour discussing thread.

at least we can tell who has sh*t for brains.

As much as I don't like Melbourne

That was all class from Gary Pert, gun FB and looks like a classy operator.

I'm not one of the children that talk about killing cultures and never being able to recruit anyone ever again when holding people to contracts. But I do think that what would have been all class was to release the guy to head wherever his family was going. They're well within their rights and Burgess is a pro with a reputation to protect, so it was never going to end in disaster, but I think Pert comes out with a nil all drawer here.

I'm not one of the children that talk about killing cultures and never being able to recruit anyone ever again when holding people to contracts. But I do think that what would have been all class was to release the guy to head wherever his family was going. They're well within their rights and Burgess is a pro with a reputation to protect, so it was never going to end in disaster, but I think Pert comes out with a nil all drawer here.
I mean we have a history of allowing our coaching staff to leave for compassionate reasons like francou wanting to be a teacher. I mean it is great that he got to chase his real passion and i hope he is doing really well at whatever school he is now at

Well you aren't discussing a rumour.

I mean can you read? Poor mods, havi g to deal with people who don't discuss rumours in the rumour discussing thread.

at least we can tell who has sh*t for brains.

As much as I don't like Melbourne

That was all class from Gary Pert, gun FB and looks like a classy operator.
Rumour is some are easily triggered.
Anyway, back to discussing rumours in the right thread.

Maybe, but if this was roles reversed, you know what the game plan would be.

And it wouldn't be respectable press releases

I would probably be more interested in finding out who the firesale players were in that scenario.
...and therein lies the problem for players like Cripps. Came back after a 10 day break and felt great. How will he feel with a 6 day break and an interstate game in possibly 28 degree temperature? He has given so much, which CFC supporters now, but clubs can be brutal when it comes to recognizing this at contract time. Once your career is over, you are retired for a mighty long time.

...and therein lies the problem for players like Cripps. Came back after a 10 day break and felt great. How will he feel with a 6 day break and an interstate game in possibly 28 degree temperature? He has given so much, which CFC supporters now, but clubs can be brutal when it comes to recognizing this at contract time. Once your career is over, you are retired for a mighty long time.
Are you worried if you pay Cripps too much you could end up losing McKay which is a more important player for you at the moment

Are you worried if you pay Cripps too much you could end up losing McKay which is a more important player for you at the moment
McKay is suited to the current system, as are all the big forwards. Look at Tex at Adelaide. He was washed up last year, and now he has found a new lease of life. Amazing what happens when defenders are not allowed to scrag or hold onto forwards. McKay needs to kick 70 this year to make his mark. Cripps has probably 3 good years as a midfielder in him before his body starts to fall apart and he plays 10 games a year. If we could leave him in the forward line and use him sparingly on the ball, it would be a win-win. Is he worth 1 million per season? No...The emphasis on mid-field pressure is going to grow as the season progresses. Either that, or teams will start flooding again when they want a break to close up the game. Defenders have had it pretty good for the past 20 years. I think that is all about to change.

They think we’ll get him for our second round pick. Tell Em they’re dreaming.

He'd be better off going to Port, especially with Boak and Rockliff coming towards the end.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure why we'd target a guy turning 27 in 2022, unless they're worried about having too big of a gap between the young midfielders and older ones with nothing in between.

Not sure where he's fitting in, especially if we keep M.Crouch too.
We would not bring in a free agent if we were losing Matt to free agency, it would lessen the compo

Not sure why we'd target a guy turning 27 in 2022, unless they're worried about having too big of a gap between the young midfielders and older ones with nothing in between.

Not sure where he's fitting in, especially if we keep M.Crouch too.
Could it be a sign that Matt may not be at the club in 2021?

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back