Mego Red

The Artist Formerly Known As Kristof
10k Posts
Oct 3, 2003
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Soft spot for Brisbane
I would have taken Dumont if we didn't have Keays, but we do have Keays, and he's performing
Very different players, though. Dumont has seemed more outside when I've watched him.

Not sure why we'd target a guy turning 27 in 2022, unless they're worried about having too big of a gap between the young midfielders and older ones with nothing in between.

Not sure where he's fitting in, especially if we keep M.Crouch too.

Me neither. Seems a completely pointless move if we do it. Laird and Keays next year, that's enough for older mids.

It is a bullshit rumour, seeing under no point would two sides have a deal in principle in place this early. I'd be very worried if this was what we were thinking though. Seems like it's chasing competitiveness and quick fixes.

Very different players, though. Dumont has seemed more outside when I've watched him.
Dumont when he was playing VFL with Ballarat was playing very much the Keays role at the minute. I think Norf probably don't play him to his strength as much as they should he is good enough to be the inside/outside player but a lot of the time is just thrown to the outside.

Mind you Dumont looked streets ahead of the VFL players and a lot of the listed guys he was playing against as well. I have a feeling if we got Dumont he'd turn into Douglas 2.0. Which to be honest is not something I think we need.

UcantCme

Premiership Player
Mar 3, 2021
AFL Club
Adelaide
Dumont when he was playing VFL with Ballarat was playing very much the Keays role at the minute. I think Norf probably don't play him to his strength as much as they should he is good enough to be the inside/outside player but a lot of the time is just thrown to the outside.

Mind you Dumont looked streets ahead of the VFL players and a lot of the listed guys he was playing against as well. I have a feeling if we got Dumont he'd turn into Douglas 2.0. Which to be honest is not something I think we need.
I think he is a very under-rated player and agree and can play both wing and genuine midfield roles

At 25 he the right age to target

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Carmo

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 15, 2011
SA
AFL Club
Adelaide
Me neither. Seems a completely pointless move if we do it. Laird and Keays next year, that's enough for older mids.

It is a bullshit rumour, seeing under no point would two sides have a deal in principle in place this early. I'd be very worried if this was what we were thinking though. Seems like it's chasing competitiveness and quick fixes.
Maybe its our cheap replacement for M Crouch if Essendon get M Crouch as their cheap replacement for losing Merrett

Maybe its our cheap replacement for M Crouch if Essendon get M Crouch as their cheap replacement for losing Merrett

There goes our FA compo or a good chunk of it depending on the pathway taken.

The point of letting Crouch go is to give breathing room to the kids and to let them take the reigns, not to fill the lineup with mediocre spuds and pretending that being semi-competitive is a good thing. The only reason you'd get Dumont is if you think North completely screwed the pooch and by a switch of clubs, he'll turn into an A-grade midfielder.

Jun 21, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
Dumont? Nah, sounds like Dunstan all over again. I was a fan of picking him up when he was last out of contract, but he doesn't serve a purpose for us currently. Put development into Schoenberg/Berry/Pedlar/anyone we draft next year instead

Agreed. We should only bring in more 25-yr olds at this point if they are absolute A+ graders.

Same comments people posted about Keays, list clogger, not best 22, too slow etc

The difference being we recruited Keays as a 23 year old on a rookie wage, not a 26 year old on a free agent wage

Oct 13, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool, Glenelg, tigers
The difference being we recruited Keays as a 23 year old on a rookie wage, not a 26 year old on a free agent wage
Yep, we got keays for absolutey nothing...

we will have to pay this north bloke enough to satisfy norths needs.. and you can be guaranteed that price will be pumped up in the media by Purple, rooch and Kornes... he asks for a trade to adelaide and you can be sure that those three media hacks will be claiming hes worth $700+ by the time trade week rolls around..

Aug 9, 2019
Victorian Central Highlands
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Panthers, GWV Rebels, Central Augusta
Same comments people posted about Keays, list clogger, not best 22, too slow etc

Yeah, I suggest you do some research re my opinion on recruiting Keays before you lump me in with anyone else re Keays....If you did some research you'd know that in fact I was very bullish about his chances with us which I'm sure other posters will verify.

Nice try but no cigar bud.

If you insist I'll even go and list all the quotes of mine at the time.

Oct 13, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool, Glenelg, tigers
This year.. Every pick we have should be taken to the draft and every spare cent in our cap should be held onto.

Unless something unbelievably massive becomes available.

develop what we already have, get a few more promising youngsters in the drafts this year...

and end of next year throw the kitchen sink at an elite gun... using our cap space from Talia, tex, lynch either being gone or on significantly less money.

Hopefully gone altogether in Lynch’s case and nearly gone in tex and talia’s..

also.. probably yet another contoversial opinion.. but
Matt Crouch should be asked to take up Free Agency at years end.

Jun 21, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
Yeah, I suggest you do some research re my opinion on recruiting Keays before you lump me in with anyone else re Keays....If you did some research you'd know that in fact I was very bullish about his chances with us which I'm sure other posters will verify.

I don't think he was referring to you, Bicks.

Aug 4, 2004
on planet Crow
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
36ers

I think it is well accepted on this board that your opinion on possible draftees etc... is very highly regarded.
I certainly take a lot of notice of what you say.

Oct 11, 2006
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
South Adelaide, Everton, NY Yankees
Let's get Dylan Stephens. Sydney have 179 high quality midfielders and we may be able to shake him loose.
PS: might have exaggerated the number!

And what's happened to Will Gould? He was the Lachie Jones of his draft year.

May 17, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Glenelg
Let's get Dylan Stephens. Sydney have 179 high quality midfielders and we may be able to shake him loose.
PS: might have exaggerated the number!

And what's happened to Will Gould? He was the Lachie Jones of his draft year.
He was one that was hyped up a bit as being "ready to play from Round 1" when drafted if I remember correctly, but Swans are pretty set down back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back