Rumour Tales from the Henley Beach Cafe: CROWS 2021 RUMOURS

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It would be so Adelaide to trade away a first round pick because the player has a little arrogance.

I mean god forbid the player has a little self belief.

I look at the way Richmond handled the recent night club incident and compare it with how Adelaide would have handled it and it's like chalk and cheese.

We do want choir boys as this is a corporate entity. We clearly aren't about winning premierships.

This isn’t new though.

It would be so Adelaide to trade away a first round pick because the player has a little arrogance.

I mean god forbid the player has a little self belief.

I look at the way Richmond handled the recent night club incident and compare it with how Adelaide would have handled it and it's like chalk and cheese.

We do want choir boys as this is a corporate entity. We clearly aren't about winning premierships.
So you're already hanging Adelaide for something that hasn't even happened?

So you're already hanging Adelaide for something that hasn't even happened?
Reminds me of a Tom Cruise movie where you were sentenced to jail in the present for crimes you are going to commit in the future.

I cant believe some of the tripe on here about GOG

And I can't believe people have taken the bait on a cryptic rumor which the poster has said he can't confirm, and wont be able to confirm for some time

OMG really?????

I can 10₩% confirm that FOG is hugely popular at the club, to his team mates, coaches and club officials

Fog is not only doing extra work on his football but also his leadership and volunteers his time in several footy club corporate and community programs

Fog will be at the club next year

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app
You may be right.

I've definitely heard otherwise, as I've mentioned, but can't confirm.

Won't be surprised either way, really.

I cant believe some of the tripe on here about GOG

And I can't believe people have taken the bait on a cryptic rumor which the poster has said he can't confirm, and wont be able to confirm for some time

OMG really?????

I can 10₩% confirm that FOG is hugely popular at the club, to his team mates, coaches and club officials

Fog is not only doing extra work on his football but also his leadership and volunteers his time in several footy club corporate and community programs

Fog will be at the club next year

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app

10 % confirmation hardly fills me with confidence 🤔

Questions I don't know the answer to, but someone here might:

Does anyone from the club live with him?

Was the club well represented at his 21st?

It's a fair question. IMO he seems to be good mates with Kieran Strachan, but he doesn't seem to be super close with anyone else. I've seen Doedee give him the odd shout out on socials, but that's it.

It's also not the first time that I've heard he's a polarising character at the club. Has obviously dominated at junior level and has carried some arrogance/over confidence into the seniors where he hasn't been able to replicate his performances.

It's a fair question. IMO he seems to be good mates with Kieran Strachan, but he doesn't seem to be super close with anyone else. I've seen Doedee give him the odd shout out on socials, but that's it.

It's also not the first time that I've heard he's a polarising character at the club. Has obviously dominated at junior level and has carried some arrogance/over confidence into the seniors where he hasn't been able to replicate his performances.
Since I heard this, Ive watched him more closely. He just doesn't seem to be that big of a part of the group for whatever reason. Stands at the back of the huddle, people congratulate him less excitedly.

Maybe it's me. Take a look and make up your own minds.

I don’t see why there is so much negativity around playing him for spells in the middle. At worst he will improve his tank and gain more awareness in traffic. It can only help his career develop. We know he can lead, Mark and kick. Develop him further while it doesn’t matter if we win or lose.
I would like to see him given the number 1 spot and Walker rested for a game or two but spending some time on the ball I think is great for him

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I don’t think people are negative so much about playing him in the middle. It’s more that it’s clearly not his no.1 position but yet there’s a contingent on BF ready to write him off without him playing consistently up forward.

I don’t think people are negative so much about playing him in the middle. It’s more that it’s clearly not his no.1 position but yet there’s a contingent on BF ready to write him off without him playing consistently up forward.

If only we had a SANFL team where Fogarty could have played consistently up forward.

Whilst I'm critical of how we've handled Fog (seeing we've never had a plan for him that we've committed too), outside of one game against the weagles, his results up forward have been mediocre in either division.

can recall clearly a G Cornes comment in Fog’s draft year of a supremely talented draft prospect who suffered badly from those exact characteristics and may become a hurdle if not sorted . Cornes’ friend was his teacher , later on Cornes let slip his friend was from the south east and then became very sheepish.

off topic but don’t mind a bit of Mongrel and attitude , the lack of flag flying after Ned got smashed apart from Fog made me spew.

A few weeks ago on Sunday morning I saw about 8 of the main list players who'd played in the SANFL on the saturday turn up to PHOS oval. No coaches in evidence, and they did sprints and laps and kicks for a good hour. All in casuals. All nearly tripped by Kieron's retriever.
Fog certainly right involved laughing and chatting with Worrell, Fish (was more straight faced), Davis, Chayce and a couple i didn't recognise out of uniform. Fog really led the others in the running and the camaraderie.

A few weeks ago on Sunday morning I saw about 8 of the main list players who'd played in the SANFL on the saturday turn up to PHOS oval. No coaches in evidence, and they did sprints and laps and kicks for a good hour. All in casuals. All nearly tripped by Kieron's retriever.
Fog certainly right involved laughing and chatting with Worrell, Fish (was more straight faced), Davis, Chayce and a couple i didn't recognise out of uniform. Fog really led the others in the running and the camaraderie.
This is great. If this WAS a problem, hopefully he's worked on it

This sounds like someone who wants to succeed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

can recall clearly a G Cornes comment in Fog’s draft year of a supremely talented draft prospect who suffered badly from those exact characteristics and may become a hurdle if not sorted . Cornes’ friend was his teacher , later on Cornes let slip his friend was from the south east and then became very sheepish.

off topic but don’t mind a bit of Mongrel and attitude , the lack of flag flying after Ned got smashed apart from Fog made me spew.
Ben Keays was there too helping drag the campaigner off Neddy

This sounds like someone who wants to succeed.

So you're saying waking up hung over, still in your clothes from the night before and then having leftover pizza is not the ideal recovery the day after a game?

Ben Keays was there too helping drag the campaigner off Neddy

I do get the whole , and agree with the can’t be like the old days thing where Lycell would have been sorted .
but at the very least he should have had sore ribs after the next centre bounce and been looking over his shoulder for the rest of the game.

Richmond do handle things well but Bolton didn't do anything wrong other than stick up for his mate. Bolton is currently their best player though. Just traded him into my supercoach this week so that lasted all of two days. Lol. The way we handled Stengle was pretty disgraceful imo. We could use him right now.
I wasn't trying to make that direct comparison with Stengle by the way as i think they are different circumstances.

However, if it were Adelaide, I'd have no doubt they'd make the players come out with some statement about violence, and drinking ect etc and shouldn't put themselves in this position blah blah blah. Instead Richmond said, we get it, I would have done the same, well done for sticking up for your friends.

Richmond is a great club because they let their players do their thing and they back their players in and measure what really counts.

You can see that they have their players backs above everything and above public perception.

That creates an environment of trust and belief that they are all in this together.

They are great club because they allow their players to be themselves and they give them space to do so. It's not about everyone needing to be the same, they recognise that Dusty, Rance, Rioli, Bolton all need their space and freedom to be able to get the best out of them for the team.

Its just like the Rodman situation with the Chicago bulls for those who watched the documentary.

Let Fog be Fog, let Fish be fish but learn how to harness that for team performance. Instead we have kindergarten teachers running the show.

Since I heard this, Ive watched him more closely. He just doesn't seem to be that big of a part of the group for whatever reason. Stands at the back of the huddle, people congratulate him less excitedly.

Maybe it's me. Take a look and make up your own minds.

yeah I think it's you.

People's perception of Fisher Mac was that his body language was crap and he wanted out - that proved there were no Alan Pease amongst them/us.

If the AFC wanted him gone in 2020 he would be gone there would have been numerous clubs grab him particularly if it was for "a packet of chips" .

I do get the whole , and agree with the can’t be like the old days thing where Lycell would have been sorted .
but at the very least he should have had sore ribs after the next centre bounce and been looking over his shoulder for the rest of the game.
Rucks have been squaring up by 'missing' a boundary throw in for ages. That's the place to do it

I wasn't trying to make that direct comparison with Stengle by the way as i think they are different circumstances.

However, if it were Adelaide, I'd have no doubt they'd make the players come out with some statement about violence, and drinking ect etc and shouldn't put themselves in this position blah blah blah. Instead Richmond said, we get it, I would have done the same, well done for sticking up for your friends.

Richmond is a great club because they let their players do their thing and they back their players in and measure what really counts.

You can see that they have their players backs above everything and above public perception.

That creates an environment of trust and belief that they are all in this together.

They are great club because they allow their players to be themselves and they give them space to do so. It's not about everyone needing to be the same, they recognise that Dusty, Rance, Rioli, Bolton all need their space and freedom to be able to get the best out of them for the team.

Its just like the Rodman situation with the Chicago bulls for those who watched the documentary.

Let Fog be Fog, let Fish be fish but learn how to harness that for team performance. Instead we have kindergarten teachers running the show.
Yeah I totally agree but our club has never managed our players similar to Phil Jackson or Richmond. Step out of line and you get your head chopped off. The club has generally cared more about offending the over 50 brigade than chasing a flag. I don't condone what Stengle did especially the drink driving but I feel they knew about his behaviour when they contracted him. Why contract him when you knew what you were dealing with? I hate the club wasting our salary cap. Always have, always will.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back