Rumour Tales from the Henley Beach Cafe: CROWS 2021 RUMOURS

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking at the replay from front on..

are we sure Mackay even knew Clark was there up until milliseconds before impact?..

if your coming from mackay’s direction the view of Clark is probably blocked by Berry who was actually running side by side with Clark (actually holding him at one point)

If hes a second later.. mackay probably runs straight into, and KO’s, Berry instead!.

the more you look at it the more you think it is slightly clumbsy of David but thats David..

theres absolutely no malice, he was going for the ball, he doesnt brace for a bump.. its a footy collision.

he doesnt deserve to be rubbed out.. as much as I wish they would rub him out!

Great post & 100% right on the Cotchin call earlier - led with the shoulder & clearly intended making contact before taking possession.

With this one, feel like this other angle is telling. Hands track from in front of him to the ball in these couple of frames. He did turn the body - knew contact was coming - but hard to argue that the ball wasnt his objective from this.

1623681866922.png
1623681880386.png

I can understand it with his time here given who we had running the place, had thought he was good friends with Dew though.

I know for a fact he was unhappy with the way the infamous camp was handled by the club, and raised these concerns internally (which fell on deaf ears of course). I understand he was generally sick of the boys club culture and just wanted to get out in ‘18.

I don’t blame him at all. The leadership at the club was toxic under Chapman et al.

Great post & 100% right on the Cotchin call earlier - led with the shoulder & clearly intended making contact before taking possession.

With this one, feel like this other angle is telling. Hands track from in front of him to the ball in these couple of frames. He did turn the body - knew contact was coming - but hard to argue that the ball wasnt his objective from this.

View attachment 1155510
View attachment 1155511
Based on that second picture, surely Clark should be the one getting reported. His shoulder is more closely tucked into his body than Mackays is... AFL logic...

Based on that second picture, surely Clark should be the one getting reported. His shoulder is more closely tucked into his body than Mackays is... AFL logic...

Guessing this is tongue-in-cheek but s**t like this (AFL, not your comment) gets me riled up so will answer it anyway....

It always has been and should continue to be so simple. Make the ball your objective and the umpires - and by extension rules of the game - will look after you.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So apparently Josh Francou is now leaving the Suns and coming back to Adelaide. Good replacement for Godden as SANFL coach?
I had Tom Lynch pencilled in as our next SANFL coach, maybe even something novel for these times....playing coach?

I'm sure I read somewhere he was already participating in the AFL's coaching pathway?

2020 felt a lot like we were living is some kind of alternative timeline (a lot like the Biff in charge timeline in Back to the Future 2).

The fact that David Mackay would be charged with a newly invented crime of being too aggressive in throwing his weight around, and cause the end of football as we know it, just reaffirms it.

Can someone please go back in time and re-set the timeline?

I had Tom Lynch pencilled in as our next SANFL coach, maybe even something novel for these times....playing coach?

I'm sure I read somewhere he was already participating in the AFL's coaching pathway?
With SA underage squads maybe?

He was up there with the team in Cairns this week. Presumably he is already doing some coaching work with us too

If Lynch doesn't get a gig as an assistant coach, it's a good idea as a hold over. Especially the playing coach as he'll be better then our top ups (well hopefully not all of them, because I do enjoy seeing our top ups getting drafted).

After all, it helped Younie move up in the AFL world.

If Lynch doesn't get a gig as an assistant coach, it's a good idea as a hold over. Especially the playing coach as he'll be better then our top ups (well hopefully not all of them, because I do enjoy seeing our top ups getting drafted).

After all, it helped Younie move up in the AFL world.
Pretty sure I read somewhere Godden was also in Cairns with the team but got back just in time to address the SANFL team before they ran out?

Pretty sure I read somewhere Godden was also in Cairns with the team but got back just in time to address the SANFL team before they ran out?

Yeah, that was mentioned on the telecast of the SANFL game.

That's a fair weekend. Go to a night game in Cairns, catch a 4 am flight back to Adelaide and rock up just before the 2:30 pm game starts.

Surely that's not true?? How is that good prep for the SANFL team?

Then again, given what I think of Godden's coaching, and that we won the game, maybe the less input he has the better?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back