Team Mgmt. Talk about the makeup of our list - midfield balance, height profile, endurance runners

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's clearly a spud, supercoach scores don't lie

I only mentioned it as Ambrose Hurls Hooksy 28 29 30. So if we are to keep Franga then Paddy prob needs to make way to get games into Franga as KPD. BZT and a couple others still a year or two away.

Happy to trade Zaka Ambrose Brown Myers Baguley for some picks or youth.

Can someone please explain to me the logic of having Matt Dea, Jake Long, Ben Mcneice on the list along with Baguley. Somebody please.

There would be a dozen players that we could have taken a punt on. Ones that we think may be project or may take an extra year, bottom agers. Another Guelfi, Fantasia.

Highly unlikely to find someone but its more of a chance than guys you've seen for a number of years not capable of AFL football.

McNiece is free sits outside the list but the others I agree.

Baguley has been good depth this year and now we have Begley and Laverde occupying spots. That's a good result. Made sense to keep Baguley on the list for this year. Should retire at years end.

No idea why we are persisting with Long or McNiece. Have never really shown anything worthwhile at AFL level. Plus McNiece is closer to retirement than becoming a regular. Should have been delisted last year or earlier.

Matt Dea was handy depth last year but with Redman, Guelfi and Ridley all emerging and now Gleeson seemingly successfully recovered from his long term injury there's no spot for him. I think it was reasonable to keep him on the list for this year but should be delisted at years end. Its good for our young backline players to learn from someone with significant AFL experience, even if he is no star.
Why delist a bloke that is clearly a good VFL player when he's a Category B rookie and we have nobody else that can occupy that spot? Just seems like dumb list management. Take the three years and then decide.

Can someone please explain to me the logic of having Matt Dea, Jake Long, Ben Mcneice on the list along with Baguley. Somebody please.

There would be a dozen players that we could have taken a punt on. Ones that we think may be project or may take an extra year, bottom agers. Another Guelfi, Fantasia.

Highly unlikely to find someone but its more of a chance than guys you've seen for a number of years not capable of AFL football.
Ready to play back ups for a list that was overrated and expected to push for top 4.

Probably what it comes down to is we should think about trading almost any defender if a generous offer comes up. Even Saad given what a generous offer for him would mean.

Don't think we need to completely gut the list, injuries are certainly an issues (and have been for a couple of seasons now) which would suggest our conditioning team might need looking at. Concerns about coaching are also pretty reasonable, given we have a fairly talented group of players that I'd argue are performing below what they're capable of.

Think Dea, Baguely, Myers and Long are all likely gone at the end of this year, Clarke might go if we can trade for another ruck, otherwise we might throw him a year.

Our backline is very heavy on players lacking opportunity at the moment - Ridley, Gleeson and Francis all probably need a fair run of games at AFL level - but Hurley, Hooker and Ambrose are a mix of injury prone and with limited time left, so we don't really want to lose defenders in the short term.

Likely we'll have Fletcher Jnr coming onboard and BZT might be in a position to start pushing for tall KPD spot sometime in 2020.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sydney Stack would've been nice

It’s no secret we’ve had crippling issues with our forward line for a long time (delivery, structure & cattle). Joey D came into the squad and was widely touted as the panacea for all of our goal scoring shortfalls and yet we find ourselves several years into the career of the messiah and we are still anchored to mediocrity. While many factors play a part in our mid table status, it remains undeniable that our forward line issues are a prominent contributor to the plight of our club. What or who is your solution? 5BFA3032-5D2A-4100-9C0E-A80A48C917B1.jpeg

I think it's a combination of the top 3. Now is the perfect time to be thinking about the long term as well as the short term, as McKernan/Brown are approaching 30, Daniher and Stewart are badly injured in their prime. Drafting a forward/ruck to go with Gown would be high on my list, which would be someone like a Riley Bowman.

As far as the paoching other talent, it's probably necessary as I said earlier, Daniher and Stewart aren't on the park in their prime and McKernan/Brown aren't consistent enough to deliver for me. But we have limited assets on the trade table to do so, so that one is pretty tricky.

Having a player like JD constantly injured really stuffs up drafting and recruiting. On paper we've got a future in Laverde, Stringer, Langford and Stewart, but we will just keep on recruiting stop gaps as long JD is out. Certainly worth targeting another kid in the draft given the way JD is going.

I think it's a combination of the top 3. Now is the perfect time to be thinking about the long term as well as the short term, as McKernan/Brown are approaching 30, Daniher and Stewart are badly injured in their prime. Drafting a forward/ruck to go with Gown would be high on my list, which would be someone like a Riley Bowman.

As far as the paoching other talent, it's probably necessary as I said earlier, Daniher and Stewart aren't on the park in their prime and McKernan/Brown aren't consistent enough to deliver for me. But we have limited assets on the trade table to do so, so that one is pretty tricky.

We’re on the same page. I’d love a Fogarty or Himmelberg to build around and if (and it’s becoming a big if) Joey or Stewie ever come good then we can roll out some twin towers horseshit. Until that point we just need to have one quality reliable hit up forward.

Fogarty + Ladhams

Park Fogarty deep.
Ladhams as a mobile ruck/forward supporting Draper/TBC

Fantasia Fogarty Ladhams
Stringer Daniher Laverde

Tippa up the ground and around the ball. His tackling pressure and delivery inside 50 are excellent.

Lore didn't we have issues with GPS tracking? Ours didn't work for a couple of rounds?

Or am I, likely, creating that in my head?
One week in particular the numbers were really low, I think round 2 against the saints? I’m guessing whatever networks they use to download live data from the transmitters during the game stuffed up and they did a manual download and input the proper data after the game. But that happened once and it’s been fixed.

Could probably go in and pull out the data for each game. We do typically run less than our opponents but usually the difference is pretty negligible from memory. Probably adds up overall I suppose.

Repeat sprints are the one I’d look at if I was looking for a GPS stat to whinge about.

One week in particular the numbers were really low, I think round 2 against the saints? I’m guessing whatever networks they use to download live data from the transmitters during the game stuffed up and they did a manual download and input the proper data after the game. But that happened once and it’s been fixed.

Could probably go in and pull out the data for each game. We do typically run less than our opponents but usually the difference is pretty negligible from memory. Probably adds up overall I suppose.

Repeat sprints are the one I’d look at if I was looking for a GPS stat to whinge about.
It was against the Giants first round, everyone was losing their minds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back