Podcast Talking Dockers 2017 can you help

Remove this Banner Ad

Talking Dockers

Senior List
Sep 27, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
Talking Dockers is a radio show broadcast from 91.3 sportfm in Perth every Saturday morning during the AFL season. It is produced and run by passionate Docker members for the Purple army. We purchase "air time" from sportfm and recoup cost from sponsors. It has been a struggle in 2015 and especially 2016 to get sponsors on board due to current economic climate and not every business wishes to be associated with a particular club because it might alienate supporters from other clubs. ie Egirls. That said, we do have a couple of Special sponsors who have stuck with us for a number of years and hopefully in 2017?

So we have stated a GOFUNDME/Talking Dockers campaign to try to raise funds to assist in keeping us on the air in 2017 and beyond as the Freo Dockers move into the post Pav era transitioning into the brave new world of the Cockburn Facility, the Perth Stadium and bringing in new blood(ie trading & drafting 2016).

The show has strong links to this forum with Imperial Purple being a regular Saturday morning panel member and the great Seppo being a regular contributor from Melbourne. Any assistance will be very much appreciated.

We are the only dedicated Docker radio show in Australia if not the world.

Talking Dockers is a radio show broadcast from 91.3 sportfm in Perth every Saturday morning during the AFL season. It is produced and run by passionate Docker members for the Purple army. We purchase "air time" from sportfm and recoup cost from sponsors. It has been a struggle in 2015 and especially 2016 to get sponsors on board due to current economic climate and not every business wishes to be associated with a particular club because it might alienate supporters from other clubs. ie Egirls. That said, we do have a couple of Special sponsors who have stuck with us for a number of years and hopefully in 2017?

So we have stated a GOFUNDME/Talking Dockers campaign to try to raise funds to assist in keeping us on the air in 2017 and beyond as the Freo Dockers move into the post Pav era transitioning into the brave new world of the Cockburn Facility, the Perth Stadium and bringing in new blood(ie trading & drafting 2016).

The show has strong links to this forum with Imperial Purple being a regular Saturday morning panel member and the great Seppo being a regular contributor from Melbourne. Any assistance will be very much appreciated.

We are the only dedicated Docker radio show in Australia if not the world.

What is your target?

Also have you contacted the club to help raise funds?

I know two different presenters on the show who are involved in WAFL and cricket if you would like me to ask if they have some good ideas for sponsorship?

It may be handy for some who are considering sponsorship if you could post some indication of the packages and cost.

I'll consider promoting my business as sponsor if I can get some background - feel free to PM me if you don't want it public.

Good luck with the drive for support.

It may be handy for some who are considering sponsorship if you could post some indication of the packages and cost.

I'll consider promoting my business as sponsor if I can get some background - feel free to PM me if you don't want it public.

Good luck with the drive for support.

PM me as well if you want it private. Is there a goal or target you wish to acheieve?

$7000 buys us 2017 and 2018 airtime. The plan (I believe) is to also cover the Women's comp, leading into the main season.

Sponsorship gets you a verbal plug at the start of the show, plus there are two ad breaks, with 'proper' radio ads of 30 seconds each per company - scripted, music, etc, etc. This year (and last year) Shauny Mac and I think Tim Gossage did some of the voice-over work for the ads.

I listen to the show at the gym, and it is pretty good! Have you reached out to the club? Surely they could help with funding?

Yeah i agree the club should chip in something as well. One thing , I would tune in more often if it was on a Monday, Tuesday night. I understand its hard to get a spot but talking about dockers on a Saturday morning, reviewing a game that is a week old isn't thrilling and i have already read/listened to dockers news and topics. Personally i'd find it more engaging if it was as close to a Monday as possible. Also weekend mornings are the worst time to try and get people listening (http://www.nielsen.com/us/en/insights/news/2014/tuning-in-to-radio-listening-habits.html), once again i'd aim for a weekday, or at least a late sunday evening but again i understand that its not that simple.

I listen to the show at the gym, and it is pretty good! Have you reached out to the club? Surely they could help with funding?

My understanding is that because the club have an official radio station sponsor (92.9??), they can't give any money, although I believe the question has been asked.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

IP
Before I hand over some cash to someone named Chris is possible to get a bonafide on who Chris actually is?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wish to thank the posters for their words of encouragement and suggestions. IP is correct the Dockers being sponsored by 92.9FM will not be promoting another show at all as they are tipping in 1000's we are small fry.. that said they are very supportive thru Luke Morfesse in providing Freo personnel to interview each Saturday. I will follow up with the posters who are possibly prepared to come on board as very valued sponsors. We are not professional announcers but I think our show has developed into a well run show which is solely interested in promoting and showcasing the mighty Dockers.

The One hour show every sat morning costs approx $3000 from end of march to into sept. If we wish to run a 10week Women Talking Dockers mid jan to end of mar we need to find another $1100.

I'd prefer to find heaps of willing sponsors instead of attempting a GOFUNDME campaign but twisting arms of sponsors is too stressful as per 2016!!

Last edited:
IP
Before I hand over some cash to someone named Chris is possible to get a bonafide on who Chris actually is?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chris is Ridgy Didge - he produces the program, organises the sponsors, books the studio time, liaises with Luke Morfesse to get our regular phone guests from the club each week (usually a development coach) and is one of the regular announcers. Bleeds purple, and has from Day 1. Your money will be safe with him and you can be assured it will go directly into the 'Save Talking Dockers' coffers...

eeuuww STD... maybe a different acronym is required. :D

But message remains. He's the real deal. :thumbsu:

Chris is Ridgy Didge - he produces the program, organises the sponsors, books the studio time, liaises with Luke Morfesse to get our regular phone guests from the club each week (usually a development coach) and is one of the regular announcers. Bleeds purple, and has from Day 1. Your money will be safe with him and you can be assured it will go directly into the 'Save Talking Dockers' coffers...

eeuuww STD... maybe a different acronym is required. :D

But message remains. He's the real deal. :thumbsu:

How do we know you're real IP?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back