Analysis Talking Dockers

Remove this Banner Ad

Last week's podcast up for a few days now (link is above).

So bumping again! 9am Saturday 91.3 SportFM - get it on your dial or stream via SportFM website or TunedIn app.

This week's special in studio guest is Bridget Lacy from The West, and we'll have development coach Marc Webb and former President Rick Hart on the phone.

If you've got any (SENSIBLE!!) questions you want me to ask any of them, post here and I'll see what I can do (time permitting of course!). :)

Question Why isn't Barlow played in his most effective position? Midfield instead of half forward.

Question Why isn't Barlow played in his most effective position? Midfield instead of half forward.
Someone asked that last week or week before and Simon Eastaugh responded that he's been playing that high half forward role all along as that's where they feel he's best suited. Pretty much toeing the party line, methinks.

We have too many high quality inside mids.

Fyfe, Mundy, Neale then Barlow, Suban, De Boer (with Blakely phasing in). I would have him there over Suban or De Boer, but Ross seems to like him at HF.

But what everyone wants to happen and what everyone thinks will happen might be two very different things.
Is it possible for talking Dockers to be on a Monday for a post game analysis and preview? The podcast is often posted late in the week and because I live in a regional area I don't get to listen to the live broadcast and work means that even if I were to stream it, I would still miss out. The show is great and always fun to listen to

Is it possible for talking Dockers to be on a Monday for a post game analysis and preview? The podcast is often posted late in the week and because I live in a regional area I don't get to listen to the live broadcast and work means that even if I were to stream it, I would still miss out. The show is great and always fun to listen to

No chance sorry - Chris has been running the show at that time slot for about 7 years now, and he has a 'real job' outside the one hour a week on the radio! ;) It would be great to just be able to sit around and talk about Freo 24/7 whenever we feel like it, but the hire costs for the studio space are quite high too, so Saturday mornings are it I'm afraid.

None of the more recent podcasts up? Was looking forward to having another listen. Talking Horses are all over it.

Tomorrow is the penultimate Talking Dockers show for 2015. We'll preview the hiuuuuge prelim final between Freo and Hawthorn, and do a wrap on Peel's season. Freo staff all have the week off, so no coaches this week; but we will have our very own Seppo chatting to us from Melbourne and we'll also have a yarn to the incredibly knowledgable and highly credentialed Bridget Lacy from The West.

Talking Dockers - 9am - 10am Saturday mornings; 91.3 SportFM or stream it on their website or via the TunedIn app on your phone.

With having the week off, did the Dockers do any training this week to keep up in preparing for next Friday?

Last show for 2015 this morning. Looking at last nights game plus a general review if the season plus the state of the list and what we need for next year. Seppo will be joining us for a chat...

Have a listen.

Last show for 2015 this morning. Looking at last nights game plus a general review if the season plus the state of the list and what we need for next year. Seppo will be joining us for a chat...

Have a listen.

Enjoyed the show again, very calming after a disappointing night. Avoided all other media as I am sure we are being all grouped in together as feral!

Thanks freoextra, it was pretty therapeutic for me too to be able to sit down and have a debrief and some sensible discussion on how things ended this year. I will be avoiding all media and stuff this week I think - it will be the only way to survive with my mental faculties in tact.

Thanks freoextra, it was pretty therapeutic for me too to be able to sit down and have a debrief and some sensible discussion on how things ended this year. I will be avoiding all media and stuff this week I think - it will be the only way to survive with my

Hi Imperial, really enjoy the show but missed it yesterday (couldn't face the world till the afternoon). Do you know when is the podcast normally up?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hi Imperial, really enjoy the show but missed it yesterday (couldn't face the world till the afternoon). Do you know when is the podcast normally up?[/QUOTE]

Hi Imperial, really enjoy the show but missed it yesterday (couldn't face the world till the afternoon). Do you know when is the podcast normally up?
[/QUOTE]
I think it's up Monday, Tuesday at the latest. It's pretty sombre but it did take a bit of the sting out for me.

I think it's up Monday, Tuesday at the latest. It's pretty sombre but it did take a bit of the sting out for me.[/QUOTE]
Cheers. Talking about an issue is the best therapy....so they reckon:)

The frustrating thing is the Freo Dockers supports the show by providing interviewees on sat mornings but can't promote the show because of their sponsorship by 92.9FM. We have been on air for 7 yrs and i think this year has been the best due to a better structure and the personnel available ie IP and Seppo.

Thru social media more people are getting to about the show we ain't media megastars but passionate dockers members on community radio who I think do know the game and promote our great club and team without sugar coating poor form or skills. Spread the word Talking Dockers on Saturdays from April 2nd 2016 9am 91.3 SportFM. If you don't live in Perth metro area go to SportFM.com.au and follow the link to download app for iPhone or android.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back