Talking Finals

Remove this Banner Ad

Nothing against Tim as I'm a keen listener of his breakfast show but it reminds me of how boring Talking Footy was.

Edit - Almost at the end of the program, wasn't too bad, might watch it again if it's on next week.

Last edited:

Was ok, but why is it called Talking Finals when they weren't talking about finals for parts of it. Just leave it as Talking Footy. And yet again, the set-up and graphics look 3rd rate from 7.

Would have been a good chance to try someone new too with some personality as a host, rather than JB and Tim.

More uninspired crap from the Games main broadcaster.

Feels very slapped together, four blokes in their dog walking kits standing in front of a big TV. Almost no promotion. Opened the show talking more about the careers of the hosts and what they've been up to post-retirement than the games on this week.

Selwood has no screen-presence, extremely awkward. Cotchin a little better and more relaxed but really no chemistry between the hosts at all.

Thought it was fine. Some interesting stuff, some boring stuff. Not sure Watson contributed much, but he was probably better than if they decided to use BT (or heavens forbid) Darcy.

Cotchin seems a media natural. Selwood was a bit stilted (as he always is in the media), but ok.
Get the vibe that Selwood is only going to make a token appearance in the media before getting back into clubland. Just seems like where he belongs.

Watched it for about 30m, pass.
Didnt realise they weren’t going to talk about THIS years finals. Would love to know how much they talked about Cotchin / Richmond / Geelong / Selwood at the expense of this years 8.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The set looked exactly like TEN's BBL set, I got about half way in and turned it off - I got nothing out of it at all.

I watched a bit of this last night and I don't know what to think about it. I liked how it focused more on football, as opposed to Footy Classified which is very sensationalist and try hard on occasions.

However, parts of it were sort of boring and the presentation comes across as incredibly basic.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back