FTA-TV Talking Footy

Remove this Banner Ad

You’ve got to wonder whether they ran run through of this show during the practice game series. And if not why? Because if they did and watched them back there’s no way they would/should have put this to air. Or come up with some ideas to fix it up. Just so amateurish.

Was that a comedy skit about Collingwood's alleged Premiership hangover? How hackneyed can they be?! :tongueoutv1:
And why do most people seem to think that the old Pommy voiceover guy, Rod Mullinar, is so great? He does EVERYTHING. Each time I hear him I think I'm listening to a spoof movie narration. Why do we need Brit doing AFL voiceovers?
He did that "I was there.." rubbish video with Nathan Buckley several years ago, which was poked fun at because it was so schtoopit, brah

Why do they have to be so boring. Have a laugh, have some opinions and generate discussion. Not refer to the whiteboard and tell us things we already know. Are they sitting down yet?
Clearly 7 doesn't give a * about footy content. Obviously some bloke in Sydney was told by the AFL to make more content so they said grab a presenter and 3 company guys to exist for an hour.

Just a pissweak echo chamber.

Somebody needs to tell Selwood and Cotchin they're no longer playing so they are allowed to have opinions and say something now.
Absolutely dismal responses to every question no matter how simple Bradshaw makes it for them.
Watched about 20 mins of it after the Front Bar finished, couldn’t be bothered to change channels.
Will not bother again, utterly boring.

Somebody needs to tell Selwood and Cotchin they're no longer playing so they are allowed to have opinions and say something now.
Absolutely dismal responses to every question no matter how simple Bradshaw makes it for them.
It was fun watching Cotchin squirm while trying to convince us he wasn't aware of any drug taking by team mates in his playing days

Funny thing is this is the exact sort of show JB would have bagged the shizen out of had he not been on it. Like them or not both The Rub and The Footy Show had entertainment as their number one mantra, and he was never shy about his disdain for ‘boring bastards’ in the media. He’d be well aware of how bad it is and it would embarrass him to be on it but they would have thrown him some more cash and he clearly loves a dollar.

The show exists it seems purely because they are the host broadcaster and other media outlets had been noting they were without any sort of talk show previous to this. Think the AFL may have even encouraged them to run something.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Funny thing is this is the exact sort of show JB would have bagged the shizen out of had he not been on it. Like them or not both The Rub and The Footy Show had entertainment as their number one mantra, and he was never shy about his disdain for ‘boring bastards’ in the media. He’d be well aware of how bad it is and it would embarrass him to be on it but they would have thrown him some more cash and he clearly loves a dollar.

The show exists it seems purely because they are the host broadcaster and other media outlets had been noting they were without any sort of talk show previous to this. Think the AFL may have even encouraged them to run something.

JB would be winding up Danny to tell’em “ is the ‘ glass eye’ falling asleep from boredom!? 😂

spot on darce.

Tim Watson seems like the only panelist keen to offer an opinion on this show. Selwood and Cotchin say nothing really exciting or controversial.

It's a sign that a show is pretty unremarkable when Tim Watson is the best panelist. I feel like the show needs another more experienced panelist who can actually offer something unique (although not in a Kane Cornes deliberately controversial way). I'm not a fan of BT in the commentary box, but I enjoyed his contributions in his short stint on the previous iteration of Talking Footy. I doubt he would come back but someone like that would be good.

The show just doesn’t work - too many people - too awkward - way too vanilla - Cotchin & Selwood aren’t going to make it as media types - JB just looks stupid trying to play a straight guy when his best work has always been as a loose agitator of half wits.

I could honestly fall asleep listening to Cotchin and Selwood.

The show exists because two of their favourites have just retired and they have to find something for them to do.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back