FTA-TV Talking Footy

Remove this Banner Ad

Sometimes I wish we lived in Dictatorship so moron rodents like Sam Maclure could be quietly shot and buried in an unmarked grave.

The guy thinks if he acts confident, brushes his hair and wears a half decent suit noone will realise how stupid and clueless he is. He is just an AFL mouthpiece at best and a complete and utter joke at medium. He has the mentality and IQ of a primary school kid in about grade 1. He is all bluff. He makes Darcy, Carey and Watson look intelligent and that is saying something as they are all as thick as planks.
I guess maybe that is role? Make dumb people look smart.

Sometimes I wish we lived in Dictatorship so moron rodents like Sam Maclure could be quietly shot and buried in an unmarked grave.

The guy thinks if he acts confident, brushes his hair and wears a half decent suit noone will realise how stupid and clueless he is. He is just an AFL mouthpiece at best and a complete and utter joke at medium. He has the mentality and IQ of a primary school kid in about grade 1. He is all bluff. He makes Darcy, Carey and Watson look intelligent and that is saying something as they are all as thick as planks.
I guess maybe that is role? Make dumb people look smart.

I remember when he started on SEN, his first 'big story' was that Josh Kelly was about to sign with GWS on a 2 year deal.

NEK MINNIT

Hasn't broken one since I believe.

Darcy's back from holidays and nobody wants to make way for him. This after McClure already shoehorned his way into the entire show.

A 3-man show has now blown out to 5.
It's an improvement, I think. The show was better when Darcy was away and BT was the host. People noticed. BT is playing a more serious role than his usual over-the-top style and his observations are pretty good. Darcy obviously has a contract and he's part of everything so they aren't going to axe him from the show, but clearly the producers have decided BT brings something extra to the show. I think it's a positive move. Don't know why MacLure sits in the middle of screen though - or on there at all. I wish he was just doing a quick step in segment like he used to.

They should change Talking Footy to "Collingwood Chat"- How many times can they discuss Nathan Buckleys coaching role? Its boring.

It's so obvious that the others don't respect Maclure - which is understandable. They constantly talk over him and don't really give a s**t about what he has to say, so why is he even on the show. BT definitely makes the show better as it seems like he isn't afraid to say it as it is. Get rid of Maclure for BT and the show would be half decent, apart from the 90% of them taking about Collingwood

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah nah, too much "Soup" McClure for me. He must have some friends in there.
Is it gunna be 90 mins every week? Is BT permanent? Maybe the ratings spiked when Duke went on holidays :D
He sooked it up big time on twitter when someone accused him of getting where he is because of family and friend connections just yesterday.

Started listening to their podcasts. Quite enjoyable. Don't watch it though. In fact, I don't really watch any footy show, which is quite odd come to think of it.

Who is on it? You should listen to the Superfooty podcast mate.

Person X interviews Person Y about their career/life etc.

Will give superfooty a shot. Was not a massive fan of the age's podcast.

BT is playing a more serious role than his usual over-the-top style and his observations are pretty good. Darcy obviously has a contract and he's part of everything so they aren't going to axe him from the show, but clearly the producers have decided BT brings something extra to the show. I think it's a positive move.

I find BT incredibly frustrating. He seems to love playing the buffoon role at times and he can be interminable as a commentator when he lapses into "you beut turn it up you blokes played the game all me mates are legends" bullshit. However he is an astute observer of the game during play and also clubland and the AFL landscape in general. When he's focused and being even just 50% serious I find him excellent. Much prefer him on The Rub than TV.

Fa'rk me dead, 90 mins is FAR too much of 'Soup' "Jimmy Olsen" McClure. He should just deliver the news then ship off, like he does on Saturday nights.
I'm not interested in his opinions.

Barrett reckons BT will be a permanent co-host, at least for the rest of this season. That'll serve Duke right for thinking he's so indispensable that he can ship off for 3 weeks in the middle of the season with no consequences, assuming he cares.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back