FTA-TV Talking Footy

Remove this Banner Ad

Really bothers me how this show and Ch 7 in general always introduce Carey as the 'best player in the history of the game'.
This really bothers me.
Firstly he isnt.
Secondly this is hotly contested.
Thirdly it is very disrespectful to other greats of the game.
The only thing Carey seems to have over other legends of the game is a good PR manager and a high media profile.

I seriously wonder if this 'intro' is written in to Carey's contract.

I know Ch 7 have a tendency to exaggerate their coverage by using words like 'superstar' and 'elite' every 5 seconds - but their deliberate lionisation of Carey is a bridge too far.

p.s
I am not saying Carey wasnt a very good player - but 'best ever' is a seriously long stretch.

He’s one of the top 5 best players in the last 40 odd years of the modern game.

It’s just show business when they introduce players like that on tv panels.
Nothing more nothing less.

Really bothers me how this show and Ch 7 in general always introduce Carey as the 'best player in the history of the game'.
This really bothers me.
Firstly he isnt.
Secondly this is hotly contested.
Thirdly it is very disrespectful to other greats of the game.
The only thing Carey seems to have over other legends of the game is a good PR manager and a high media profile.

I seriously wonder if this 'intro' is written in to Carey's contract.

I know Ch 7 have a tendency to exaggerate their coverage by using words like 'superstar' and 'elite' every 5 seconds - but their deliberate lionisation of Carey is a bridge too far.

p.s
I am not saying Carey wasnt a very good player - but 'best ever' is a seriously long stretch.
if that bothers you, you must be pretty uptight.

When commentators call the Swans the bloods, does that also bother you?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Anyone catch the car-crash of an explanation of the SANFL 19th man issue last night? I know it’s an SA comp, but seriously, how can they repeatedly confuse which team is which? Carey played for North Adelaide juniors and he didn’t even chime in.

Anyone catch the car-crash of an explanation of the SANFL 19th man issue last night? I know it’s an SA comp, but seriously, how can they repeatedly confuse which team is which? Carey played for North Adelaide juniors and he didn’t even chime in.

No, didn't see it. However, they were talking about it on Bill and Boz last night on Fox. They did okay, but it was obvious they weren't told the full story, so they could only go on what they were told. Maybe it was the same on Carey & Co.

IMO this year's lineup is an improvement on 2018. Don't know who that fourth panellist is, but a genuine step up from previous 'experts'. I actually watched the whole episode...

Warner an immeasurable improvement for 2019. One of my favorite footy shows - BT is a different type of character on here and you can see that, once the MMM/Seven "buffoon" stuff is scraped away, he does know his footy well and is a more astute observer of the game than we usually see.

Carey still likes to be the chief rooster in the house, but doesn't hold back on players or clubs. Tim Watson will nearly always take the "white hat" role and seems reluctant to offer much negative about anyone, but overall quite like the set-up on here.

Warner an immeasurable improvement for 2019. One of my favorite footy shows - BT is a different type of character on here and you can see that, once the MMM/Seven "buffoon" stuff is scraped away, he does know his footy well and is a more astute observer of the game than we usually see.

Carey still likes to be the chief rooster in the house, but doesn't hold back on players or clubs. Tim Watson will nearly always take the "white hat" role and seems reluctant to offer much negative about anyone, but overall quite like the set-up on here.
I agree, the lineup is not bad at the moment - although I think it's more Luke Darcy taking the "white hat" role. Brian was only on to fill in for Warner until he comes back from the golf in the US. But I agree that when Brian is calm and measured, he's good to listen to. Creative and insightful. I think Warner needs to get more involved in the conversation - but I guess he's still finding his feet in this role. Certainly good to see he doesn't have an ego like Sam McLure did.

What did Luke Darcy have to say re Ablett? He has a tendency to stick up for 'champions' of the game when they could be suspended or have been offered a suspension.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Like I said 2 years ago, check out Duck's before and after head

pViNkdO.png

Put on indefinite hiatus along with Game Day. Strange how the "home of footy" no longer has panel shows about the sport.

Calls into question their dedication to the rights and the code if they have no interest in expanding its reach beyond live games.

Put on indefinite hiatus along with Game Day. Strange how the "home of footy" no longer has panel shows about the sport.

Calls into question their dedication to the rights and the code if they have no interest in expanding its reach beyond live games.
Been pretty obvious since they regained the rights in 2007 that their mindset towards footy has changed. Their gradual discarding of the Footy Marathon pre-GF another example of this.

In the 90s and 00s, whatever their flaws you could tell Ch 7 took real pride in being the Footy network. Now it's just another product.

Been pretty obvious since they regained the rights in 2007 that their mindset towards footy has changed. Their gradual discarding of the Footy Marathon pre-GF another example of this.

In the 90s and 00s, whatever their flaws you could tell Ch 7 took real pride in being the Footy network. Now it's just another product.

Not a Channel 9 fan but you can't deny their passion for footy. Unfortunately the all ighty ollar is more important to the AFL.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back