Tall Full forward for Dees.

Remove this Banner Ad

Are there any Tall full forwards established available out there who would suit the Dees? Or which young draftees should we aim for?
With Dunn, Jurrah and Watts in there, I'm not sure we need to look for an established tall forward. I'd rather take a young draftee.
Maybe one of Ben McKinley, John Anthony or Andrejs Everitt if I had to choose.
Fevola....
Trade for Brad Miller?

With Dunn, Jurrah and Watts in there, I'm not sure we need to look for an established tall forward. I'd rather take a young draftee.

Trade for Brad Miller?

Straight swap for Sylvia ;)

Apparently last year you guys were looking at Chris Dawes but we did not want to trade him.

Not sure where he'll end up - could end up being a CHF rather than a FF.

I'd imagine Ben McKinley will be up for grabs considering the s**t treatment he has been given by West Coast this year althought hes not really a tall, he just plays like one.

I'd imagine Ben McKinley will be up for grabs considering the s**t treatment he has been given by West Coast this year althought hes not really a tall, he just plays like one.

Not knocking him as a player (although there must be question marks over why he can't get a gig this year in the bottom team) but we have enough mid sized forwards. Green, Jurrah, Dunn, Petterd and Sylvia can all fill that role.
If we wanted another mid sized forward we'd probably want someone alot younger to develop into the role and step in when Green retires.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not knocking him as a player (although there must be question marks over why he can't get a gig this year in the bottom team) but we have enough mid sized forwards. Green, Jurrah, Dunn, Petterd and Sylvia can all fill that role.

It was one of the demon guys who mentioned McKinley. It's nothing to do with McKinley, more our stubborness to use Lynch at FF. McKinley went back as was asked, got a stronger defensive game and much better tank however Lynch takes precedence. Apparently his 2 goals in 10 games outweighs McKinleys contribution. To put it in perspective, hes kicked twice the goals of Lynch in half the games.

though you are right. He is definately a medium forward.

An interesting proposition. Is he playing good footy at VFL level, and has he sorted out his attitude too?

Just playing solid footy at Werribee. IIRC, he kicked 3 last week.

As for his attitude, well that is a complicated issue. From all reports he has been a model clubman at Werribee.

He's my choice of the tall forwards too (assuming Darling and Day will already be gone).

Not sure about Gorringe.
I get the feeling he'll turn out like Paul Johnson.

Lucas Cook could be our man.

There were a few articles in The Courier about him last week. He captained Ballarat College to the Country Cup. Played well in terrible conditions but only kicked 1, competed well in the air bringing the ball to ground for the smalls. He kicked 3 IIRC in the semi the week before. He was a couple of years below my sister but from all reports he’s a good kid from a good family.

Dowler in a trade may also have merit. Stef Martin and our 3rd round or something of the likes.

Lucas Cook is my preference, will still be around at pick 16 - 20 hopefully, if Gorringe was available i would take him in a heartbeat, his tapwork is sublime for an 18 year old, he would be worth it just as a ruckman even if he hadn't proven he could be a threat up forward, no danger in him becoming a Paul Johnson at all IMO... also there has been some talk of Ben Brown (injured from Tassie) who performed very well in his first two matches in the carnival including a bag of 5, his coach says he has the best skills and agility for a big man he has seen, used to play basketball which most likely validates that... my order would be Darling (if still around) and Brown first(will go later probably 40ish due to injury) or Cook and Brown.

Lucas Cook is my preference, will still be around at pick 16 - 20 hopefully, if Gorringe was available i would take him in a heartbeat, his tapwork is sublime for an 18 year old, he would be worth it just as a ruckman even if he hadn't proven he could be a threat up forward, no danger in him becoming a Paul Johnson at all IMO... also there has been some talk of Ben Brown (injured from Tassie) who performed very well in his first two matches in the carnival including a bag of 5, his coach says he has the best skills and agility for a big man he has seen, used to play basketball which most likely validates that... my order would be Darling (if still around) and Brown first(will go later probably 40ish due to injury) or Cook and Brown.

Sounds interesting. Have to research Brown

Out of left field, but i'd like to try to get WCE P4 by trading Bennell and our 2nd and maybe 3rd round. It would mean we net Gorringe and Cook. Bennell would be a big loss but we can cover him with one of Wonna, Bail, Jetta or Maric and unless Jmac retires and or we start cutting blokes like Miller etc from the main list i doubt we'd use more than 3 picks in the ND.

Alex Johnson from the charger with a leter pick might be okay.

Off to draft camp this year and he loves to kick a goal.

He can also run all so can play CHF and up the ground a bit. He played all games with metro though in defence. So its hard to tell. Massive melbourne fan as well.

Are there any Tall full forwards established available out there who would suit the Dees? Or which young draftees should we aim for?

Jack Fitzpatrick is on Melbournes list

Give him some time

IMO there is no standout Full Forward in the AFL

Fevola has the talent but hasnt a team orientated bone in his body

Remove this Banner Ad

Back