Social Science Tall men - do you find shorter men try and start you?

Remove this Banner Ad

Tall and never been in a fight. Luckily because I feel It wouldn't be a strength of mine.
Shorter guys usually are a bit agro/try to overcompensate for other shortcomings but that could just be perception.

It's true that people have gotten taller with each generation, I went to some old pubs in the UK that were built back in the 1600s or even earlier and I had to duck my head to go through the doors and kept banging my head on the rafters.

I'm around 6 foot but I felt like I was a 7 foot giant going into them, ye olde days must have been full of ye olde manlets.

Even here we're going to have to start raising doors and ceilings. While my tallest kid might seem freakish, in pics amongst his mates where he is now, he just looks taller than everybody else but not by a lot. I'm glad he didn't resort to stooping, his back's real straight but as you pointed out, some very tall people do and it can become natural form.

There was a show on Foxtel about like the giant giants out there... the 7 ft++ ones.

My Giant Life?

It wouldn't be easy I imagine. I had real trouble finding shoes for mine as early as 15yo, it was awful I ended up having to get all his running and sports footwear from the US. Clothes was okay and lucky he didn't start to bulk until fairly recently.

It wouldn't be easy I imagine. I had real trouble finding shoes for mine as early as 15yo, it was awful I ended up having to get all his running and sports footwear from the US. Clothes was okay and lucky he didn't start to bulk until fairly recently.

Yeah im a very average size 7.5 foot- its very easy for me.

I worked sports retail iirc men's was something like an 8 up to size 13? 14 if you were lucky. iirc of course, it was light years ago now.

Yeah im a very average size 7.5 foot- its very easy for me.

I worked sports retail iirc men's was something like an 8 up to size 13? 14 if you were lucky. iirc of course, it was light years ago now.

He was in a 15 by the time he 15yo. I haven't bought his shoes for a while now but he still gets his in the States, he travels himself now.

I keep a pair of his old Nikes on the doorstep as a burglar deterrent.

I have a couple of mates that are about 200cm tall, so 6'6''/6'7'' ish. Can't remember either of them getting in a fight.

Shortest (male) mate I have is probably about 5'6''/5'7''. Can't recall him getting in any fights either.

I reckon there's a special class of short guy that gets the angry ant gene. It's usually short guys that are stocky and try to make up for being short by going to the gym and getting big arms, which makes them stand out as being out of proportion.

This guy is 175cm / 92kg. Plays for Sydney Roosters in the NRL and Queensland. Not even that short compared to the average man but looks like a bit of midget playing rugby league. Just has that look of 'Yeah you wanna go? I'll take all of youse(sic)' about him. There are a few of them around.

remote.axd

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Im tall and handsome.

Had a women riding me last year....she looks down at me....and says, you are gorgeous.
So are you some sort of rental motorbike with people riding you and starting you and stuff?

You must meet a lot of different people that way, I'm sure its fascinating.

Bruno Mars is a manlet, Taylor Swift is wearing heals but she still towers over him.

d4lD57hU8pjf2arXFf5sv6Hx40JjtJCqirbJkcFCGnY.jpg

Almost looks there like she's standing on a box under the dress. Or Bruno is a jockey.

Internet says 5'10" and 5'5" respectively. Based on that photo, Bruno's 5'5" is a "Collingwood 6 footer"

Almost looks there like she's standing on a box under the dress. Or Bruno is a jockey.

Internet says 5'10" and 5'5" respectively. Based on that photo, Bruno's 5'5" is a "Collingwood 6 footer"

5'5" from the top of his hat down, I reckon he's about 5'3". Here's a closer side by side.

Attachments

• mars.png
    mars.png
    97.1 KB · Views: 20
Depends on your environment imo. Even lve been picked and ended up in a fight.
It's extremely, extremely rare for a random person to start any type of altercation with you once, so if it happens to you semi-regularly, it's not them, it's you.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back