Tallangatta & DFL discussion 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Murmurs that a previous president of the WFC is rapidly gaining momentum to take reigns of the club with ex committee members and players committing to return if this happens

That president of Wahgunyah doesn’t seem to be the full bob. For a club who should be staying out of the media to stop more damage being done amongst the public he sure likes to have an article or two per week.

That president of Wahgunyah doesn’t seem to be the full bob. For a club who should be staying out of the media to stop more damage being done amongst the public he sure likes to have an article or two per week.
Mufhassa

Once again you have come on here to pot Wahgunyah. Looking back you have not contributed 1 bit except to come here and slag off. How bout getting behind a crew who are trying to save a club. Fools like you are ignorant to the work that goes on to keep the ball roiling.

Mufhassa

Once again you have come on here to pot Wahgunyah. Looking back you have not contributed 1 bit except to come here and slag off. How bout getting behind a crew who are trying to save a club. Fools like you are ignorant to the work that goes on to keep the ball roiling.

Walked you straight into the trap Daryl. Why can’t you speak the truth that last week you had 7 players from a neighbouring club help you out to field a senior side as they had the week off and past players back in the area helping out to field a seconds side , instead of blaming covid for players being unavailable this week when you truly just don’t have numbers ?

I say good on him for getting on the front foot and being honest about the clubs situation.
All rainbows & unicorns, hold hands, rejoice, etc in the paper. What about the % boost in the reserves comp who got to play the lions vs a forfeit. Come the end of the season if finals are decided on % will any club in the 2s who are not featuring in the 1s care? League's inaction before rd1 is weak as piss, now allowing 1 club to call their own shots all season. F#$K OFF.

All rainbows & unicorns, hold hands, rejoice, etc in the paper. What about the % boost in the reserves comp who got to play the lions vs a forfeit. Come the end of the season if finals are decided on % will any club in the 2s who are not featuring in the 1s care? League's inaction before rd1 is weak as piss, now allowing 1 club to call their own shots all season. F#$K OFF.

Let’s be honest reserves football should be about player participation & development until numbers are suitable across the board. Who really cares about the reserves flags (no disrespect intended) but reality is most clubs are scraping the barrel for reserves players, Christ look at Albury tigers they have bought back a few old boys to help them out.
If there are future forfeits in either grade they should just average the scores out and give every team the same %against.

Focus for the league over the next few years it should be focused on getting players back involved in the game, or junior development which are the future & help get the league back to its best.
I’d be very annoyed if they tried to turn the TDFL to 16 each side like the upper Murray. They doesn’t help anyone

The league have had a tough job over the past few seasons, & these volunteers are battling so many issues & unfortunately they are all getting abit much.
The only real way forward in the future is for all the surrounding leagues to be on the same page. (Which will never happen)

My honest opinion on football in our region is it needs a complete reset, some teams now who are currently battling away need to either fold or merge. Leagues should join,
Potentially have different divisions etc.
But again, I don’t think I’ll ever see it happening

Let’s be honest reserves football should be about player participation & development until numbers are suitable across the board. Who really cares about the reserves flags (no disrespect intended) but reality is most clubs are scraping the barrel for reserves players, Christ look at Albury tigers they have bought back a few old boys to help them out.
If there are future forfeits in either grade they should just average the scores out and give every team the same %against.

Focus for the league over the next few years it should be focused on getting players back involved in the game, or junior development which are the future & help get the league back to its best.
I’d be very annoyed if they tried to turn the TDFL to 16 each side like the upper Murray. They doesn’t help anyone

The league have had a tough job over the past few seasons, & these volunteers are battling so many issues & unfortunately they are all getting abit much.
The only real way forward in the future is for all the surrounding leagues to be on the same page. (Which will never happen)

My honest opinion on football in our region is it needs a complete reset, some teams now who are currently battling away need to either fold or merge. Leagues should join,
Wizards reply is one of the best pieces on this forum for a long while. No negativity and offering a suggestion that makes complete sense. The comment about reserves football is 100% correct - "participation & development". We need like minded people working together for positive outcomes for all.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It is hard to see the positives currently.

Who are they going to develop, 1/3 of the clubs can't fill 17s sides.

There will come a time when the old boys stop making up numbers/participating.

Why wait until round 3 to redo the under 17s draw?

Logistical nightmare put back on the clubs as parents/helpers on game day could be at another oval so their kid can have a consistent game of football. More pressure on volunteers.

At the coal face it just appears to be getting harder & tough decisions like some Wizards suggests need to be made at a club & league level soon.

It is hard to see the positives currently.

Who are they going to develop, 1/3 of the clubs can't fill 17s sides.

There will come a time when the old boys stop making up numbers/participating.

Why wait until round 3 to redo the under 17s draw?

Logistical nightmare put back on the clubs as parents/helpers on game day could be at another oval so their kid can have a consistent game of football. More pressure on volunteers.

At the coal face it just appears to be getting harder & tough decisions like some Wizards suggests need to be made at a club & league level soon.
Great point about volunteers being split between grounds. Never thought of that but it’s a huge factor with volunteer stress already an issue.

I have to disagree with this part. If numbers continue to decline in the next few years, it is one of the few easy decisions that would help teams immensely. The fact is, there are less and less people and kids playing footy. I'd rather they try 16 a side and allow teams to continue in their current state first than shoehorn unwanted mergers.

Now we are a couple of games in what are the thoughts around how the season is shaping, biggest surprises? both higher than expected or struggling more than expected

Now we are a couple of games in what are the thoughts around how the season is shaping, biggest surprises? both higher than expected or struggling more than expected
I think 5th spot will end up being between Dederang and Yack. Can nearly put a line through the others but the uneven draw is a big factor and sides that play Saints, Wahgunyah etc twice will have a big advantage.

Anyone watch the Yack v Thurgoona game? Must have been a thriller.

Yack will have to put together a good back end of the year to make finals now.
Going to be exciting to see who makes the top 5

Anyone watch the Yack v Thurgoona game? Must have been a thriller.

Yack will have to put together a good back end of the year to make finals now.
Going to be exciting to see who makes the top 5
I had Yack as a top 3 certainty after last year. Not sure what has happened. Top 5 pretty even. Kiewa looking like favourites at the moment in my opinion.

Am I wrong in saying it seems like the Wahgunyah president is more interested in speaking with the media than fixing or trying to improve the situation the club is in. Everyone around the district knows that covid was NOT the reason they lost by 400+ points as they have also been defeated by 50 goals or more 3 of the other 5 games. I’d imagine getting an ex AFL player to play a game would be more beneficial for the playing group and profitable for the club rather than getting an retired AFL Coach who he can rub shoulders with

Am I wrong in saying it seems like the Wahgunyah president is more interested in speaking with the media than fixing or trying to improve the situation the club is in. Everyone around the district knows that covid was NOT the reason they lost by 400+ points as they have also been defeated by 50 goals or more 3 of the other 5 games. I’d imagine getting an ex AFL player to play a game would be more beneficial for the playing group and profitable for the club rather than getting an retired AFL Coach who he can rub shoulders with
It looks more like the media are chasing him for stories. I don’t see it as a bad thing that he is getting some coverage.

It looks more like the media are chasing him for stories. I don’t see it as a bad thing that he is getting some coverage.

It’s all good and well getting coverage i agree , but when you have a new coach taking training for the first time after another coach resigned I’d be prioritising my time to support him or getting as much support behind him as possible rather than having him locked out of the facilities….

Remove this Banner Ad

Back