Talls in Draft 2006

Jun 27, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, SSC Napoli, ESH
Scotty Clayton reckons that we should just go with the best pick available even if it is a midfielder, i would agree.

Its all good and well for us to pick a KPP, yet we have them sitting on our list at the moment. Walsh, Skipper, Wells, Tiller.

If we are to go for a KPP, ill throw up Ben Reid. He is expected to be available at our pick. 194cm, strong hands and a great kick at goal, problem is that he is 77kg and probably wont play AFL in 2007.

Any other suggestions, what are your views on the way to approach our first few picks?
Clayton = Massive spud :mad::(:thumbsdown::mad::mad:
Great call by the OP even Jack Riewoldt was available before Everitt.

Aug 15, 2006
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Funny that the team from 2008-2011 was the best team we've assembled in 80 years besides maybe the '54 team although stats suggest the 2010 team were a more dominant team vs the rest of the competition than the '54 team but the guy who built the list is a spud.

Also the same guy that built probably one of the top teams in the history of the game in Brisbane although I admit he had an easier job with that one due to AFL hand outs then the Bulldogs.

Nath09

Club Legend
Aug 16, 2009
Victoria
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Funny that the team from 2008-2011 was the best team we've assembled in 80 years besides maybe the '54 team although stats suggest the 2010 team were a more dominant team vs the rest of the competition than the '54 team but the guy who built the list is a spud.

Also the same guy that built probably one of the top teams in the history of the game in Brisbane although I admit he had an easier job with that one due to AFL hand outs then the Bulldogs.

He may have built our best team (I think our team in 1997 was better, personally) but that doesn't really say much does it? For the large majority of those 80 years we've had some pretty s**t teams :p

Jun 27, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams

My criticsm of the bloke was he never found us a key forward or 2 he had how many seasons at the helm? That cost us bigtime in 08-09 when we peaked & he wasted many high picks when he had them, Collingwood on the other hand drafted players Clayton overlooked & they won a flag in 2010 with most of their KPPs being relatively young. The only credit I'll give him is finding a few gems late in the draft etc Lake, Cross, Hargrave & getting 4 10 year+ players from the 1999 draft.

Better than 85/97/98/61?

Jun 27, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Better than 85/97/98/61?
Since our only flag I'd rate our best years based on performance in finals & where we were list wise at that time. 1998 was pathetic with the way how the Crows slaughtered us in the PF
1st 61 made a GF we haven't made 1 since
2nd 97 :(
3rd 85 Bloody Lethal Leigh
4th 09 Nick Riewoldt :mad:
5th 92 We were a pretty young team then mixed in with a couple of veterans great result that year

Aug 15, 2006
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Back