GrassKat

Spec Moderator
Dec 15, 2006
Toolamba
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Murchison-Toolamba FNC
Was a draw that got emailed to me. Could be wrong. Count the number of home games for each team, should be 9. It is a draft and hopefully a stuff up like that could be easily fixed. I am sure it would have gone through the AGM for all clubs to comment on, ask you committee if they picked it up. :thumbsu:

Mooroopna Man

Debutant
Oct 5, 2004
Mooroopna
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond
Was a draw that got emailed to me. Could be wrong. Count the number of home games for each team, should be 9. It is a draft and hopefully a stuff up like that could be easily fixed. I am sure it would have gone through the AGM for all clubs to comment on, ask you committee if they picked it up. :thumbsu:

I am the coach of Undera and I picked up the anomoly before the AGM and informed the executive, expecting it to be fixed. I didn't try to fix it myself at that stage. I thought it would be fixed but draws can be complicated and a fix wasn't evident to the executive. I became aware of the ongoing issue the day after the AGM and was told that the AGM had voted to accept the draft draw. I then had a look at fixing it myself and was probably lucky as it only took five minutes to find the fix. If Rushworth swaps its home game against Tally to away and we swap our home game against Rushy to away, then Tally can play its second home game away to Undera. This then makes it a perfect draw with all teams having 9 home and away games and no one playing any team away twice. (Which I have never heard of before in a twelve team league)

To the executives credit they have put it to the three clubs to agree to the swap, of which Tally and Undera have agreed but Rushworth for whatever reasons have decided not too. We have a terrific relationship with Rushy and so for whatever reason they have decided to not swap we will have to respect, as I am sure there is no malice intended. It is very disappointing to have such a dent put in our draw, when we have worked so hard to become comepetive again on and off the ground.

Lets look forward to the season and good luck to all.

WOODLANDS

Debutant
Mar 31, 2006
Shepparton
AFL Club
St Kilda
I am the coach of Undera and I picked up the anomoly before the AGM and informed the executive, expecting it to be fixed. I didn't try to fix it myself at that stage. I thought it would be fixed but draws can be complicated and a fix wasn't evident to the executive. I became aware of the ongoing issue the day after the AGM and was told that the AGM had voted to accept the draft draw. I then had a look at fixing it myself and was probably lucky as it only took five minutes to find the fix. If Rushworth swaps its home game against Tally to away and we swap our home game against Rushy to away, then Tally can play its second home game away to Undera. This then makes it a perfect draw with all teams having 9 home and away games and no one playing any team away twice. (Which I have never heard of before in a twelve team league)

To the executives credit they have put it to the three clubs to agree to the swap, of which Tally and Undera have agreed but Rushworth for whatever reasons have decided not too. We have a terrific relationship with Rushy and so for whatever reason they have decided to not swap we will have to respect, as I am sure there is no malice intended. It is very disappointing to have such a dent put in our draw, when we have worked so hard to become comepetive again on and off the ground.

Lets look forward to the season and good luck to all.

Hey Mooroopna Man, thats fairly harsh by rushy not too agree, especially when its not goin effect the number of home games they have, it's only goin to change the weekends that they are home.

Surely they could see that it would be the right thing to do.

Mooroopna Man

Debutant
Oct 5, 2004
Mooroopna
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond
Hey Mooroopna Man, thats fairly harsh by rushy not too agree, especially when its not goin effect the number of home games they have, it's only goin to change the weekends that they are home.

Surely they could see that it would be the right thing to do.

Yeah, I tend to agree with you Woodlands, but not knowing all of Rushys circumstances I can't really comment. Maybe they have already organised all their social do's?

Hopefully a good outcome will occur and if not we will just get on with it. It will be no hard feelings to Rushy cause they didn't create the draw.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back