- Oct 12, 2017
- AFL Club
Do you have a photo? I'm using the deep dig by dance lines on the Otis Pierce who toured Australia with the Russian Ballet.Eliminate the DNA for now
Does the paper trail disappear IE do you have an unaccounted Otis Pierce
Otis Norton Pierce 1912-1985 is one such trail
We know this person that called himself Otis Pierce;
- was a rich "baby faced" American who said he was born in 1912.
- travelled to England in mid 30s and stayed with Anton (Pat) Dolin, male principal ballet dancer.
- flew out to Australia with Anton Dolin. A flight that took 6 days of flying.
- was assistant to German Sevastianov, (known as Gerry, was the manager of the tour and one of the right hand men of the Ballets Russes’ boss, Colonel de Basil and married to ballerina Irina Baronova) of in the Russian Ballet tour of Australia, NZ in 1938/39.
- listed and danced as a character dancer in at least one performance and also performed at a club in Sydney.
- drove a large black Buick.
- he seems to disappear and not in the life of Anton Dolin once the ship took them back to USA, and was not accounted for during the war.
- two photos of him show was around 5'11" fit looking with broad shoulders and largish hands, with light coloured hair and receding hairline.