Unsolved Taman Shud Case

craigos

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Liverpool
I know that it's probably the right thing to do to let this man rest in peace but when he is unknown, with no family and or documentation on who he is what are the possible negative consequences of exhuming for DNA samples? They've exhumed bodies before when there are families to mourn but I can't see many objecting to this? Even find it strange that the hairs haven't been tested to see if DNA can be obtained from the plaster mould.

For me, this just adds to the potential of him being a spy and some higher ups letting it be known that this wont happen.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

BlueE

Club Legend
AFL Club
Fremantle
Some aspects of the inquest support that proposition.
There's much that's not in the inquest that supports him being a spy also, with much research done in blogs.

https://tamamshud.blogspot.com/2018/

The photographer's affidavit said he'd taken photos of the writing found on the deceased (C.7 and C.8) and a photograph of the paper found on the deceased and he produced copies of both. He took the photos on 3rd December 1948. The affidavit has the crossed out sentence and seems unfinished. The paper found on the deceased was the cut out paper with the words Tamam Shud and was found before the photographer took the photos.

The writing found on the deceased - the code?

1557832441288.png

The Inquiry heard on 17th June 1948 how Det Leonard Brown saw the slip of paper with the words "Taman Shud" (sp) and Det Leane asked him to make inquiries about it and how he found an identical copy with identical font and paper quality in Becks bookshop in Adelaide. He describes this in some detail. However he could not find a copy of the book that had "Tamam Shud" ripped from it.

He repeatedly mis spells the word Tamam which I find unusual if he had the word on the paper infront of him and he corrected the Rubiayat's name.

It's also strange because the copy of the Rubiayat that the slip of paper was said to have came from was found some weeks after the Inquest concluded but the font, paper quality and the hole left in the book are all different to the "Tamam Shud" words that were said to be found.

1557833950564.png

1557834015986.png

Attachments

BlueE

Club Legend
AFL Club
Fremantle
1557834466286.png

1557834501908.png

Different font for the words than the book that was recovered on 25th July 1948, 5 weeks after the Inquest.

SM's Rubiayat is much smaller and like a paperback compared to Alf Boxall's and most other (including Shelly's) copies of the book

1557834713036.png

Alf Boxall's copy of Rubiayat (L) and copy recovered in a car near Somerton beach and handed in on 25th July 1948 (R).

AFL Club
Melbourne
Squadron Leader Ernest Moulds - RAF Bomber Command. This is a very long shot, but so's winning a lottery. A Moulds with a record that doesn't go past November 30 1948.

Top Bottom