Tame Impala Fan Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Ah, yeah I used to go to that one a bit when I went down to games... I was also there on their last day of closing when everything was $10 or less.

I used to live in Ballarat, and the one there closed the day JB opened... They just can't compete with that many JBs around, I think you'll still find them in some country towns but I doubt there is any around Melbourne now...

yeah its a good rock record.

production sounds pretty stunning. its what i expected pretty much.. from the ep and live show. its gonna get alot of talk so i'll just sit back and watch the backlash unfold:D

I've seen them numerous times and not once has any song gone anywhere near 20 minutes and they most certainly haven't been stoned on stage.

Methinks you should look to your own backyard for stoners...

well, when i saw them, when they supported The Living End, they were compareable to this

[YOUTUBE]OKolXm3MmBo[/YOUTUBE]

Well these guys have really blown up in the past two years. Incredible band, seeing them again next week and seriously cannot wait.

This is slowly becoming my favourite of Lonerism. * yes.

I need to listen to Lonerism again.

I love InnerSpeaker so much. Some really terrific songs in Alter Ego, Lucidity, Why Won't You Make Up Your Mind..

Lonerism was odd on first listen. They kind of got rid of the rock sound and went for something different.. But I really dig that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pretty hard to make a crust as a muso these days.

I don't begrudge them doing that commercial.

I must check them out live as I listened to the first and liked it but didn't really open my eyes to them.
The 2nd album has made me jump on board.

I must check them out live as I listened to the first and liked it but didn't really open my eyes to them.
The 2nd album has made me jump on board.
I saw them live before their first album was out and been a fan ever since.

I've got both albums but prefer them live, their sound is awesome.

I'm also very impressed by their sister band Pond - very good live.

just look at the black keys, of whom i'm a massive fan, but got the dubious title from rolling stone for being the band most featured in commercials.

they were steadfast against selling their songs, turned down a six figure pay cheque in the mid part of last decade, and when they went on a tour and it cost them money (i think about 20k each from memory), they had to make the decision to sell some music or quit the band cause it was costing too much. one of them (pat carney i think) basically said in an interview, * all people were buying the records anyway so we gotta make some money somehow.

Amazing to see these early posts, very interesting.

Personally cannot ******* stand them though. They're just repackaging old sounds for a younger set of people. It's basically drug-era Beatles and many bands have done that since and ya know, many did it better and added some of their own flair.

I don't think Kevin Parker is an interesting singer and I really don't think he has anything interesting to say. A private school kid whose dad was minted and now lives in Freo and claims it because it's trendy... songs about feeling crap and girls need to have some tidy turns of phrase and this guy doesn't.

Their massive success in America probably just comes from the landscape. The college kids who go to festivals are more interested in meme music. *in Mo Bamba is like the national anthem. Drake, electronica. Droney guitars and distant singing sounds different enough and thus the flow-on effect occurs.

Anyway can't wait for the reddit tier herd mentality to chip me about being a sook but I just do not rate them at all.

Amazing to see these early posts, very interesting.

Personally cannot ******* stand them though. They're just repackaging old sounds for a younger set of people. It's basically drug-era Beatles and many bands have done that since and ya know, many did it better and added some of their own flair.

I don't think Kevin Parker is an interesting singer and I really don't think he has anything interesting to say. A private school kid whose dad was minted and now lives in Freo and claims it because it's trendy... songs about feeling crap and girls need to have some tidy turns of phrase and this guy doesn't.

Their massive success in America probably just comes from the landscape. The college kids who go to festivals are more interested in meme music. ****in Mo Bamba is like the national anthem. Drake, electronica. Droney guitars and distant singing sounds different enough and thus the flow-on effect occurs.

Anyway can't wait for the reddit tier herd mentality to chip me about being a sook but I just do not rate them at all.
In all seriousness, what was it that made you stop loving Kevin Parker's music and turn on him to this extent?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back