Remove this Banner Ad

CoachEmUpChucky

Senior List
Apr 15, 2015
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Liverpool FC
Winston starting to look ok though i guess. Martin and Evans are nice weapons.

Will win division imo or finish second to the falcons
Maybe next season. This season, I'm not too sure. The Panthers look to still be the team to beat in the division.
The Saints and Falcons have the look of teams who have fired their best shots and end up going backwards before going forwards, so it's realistic that the Bucs could finish anywhere from 2nd downawrds in the NFCS (a lot depends on how Koetter and his staff gel).
The Bucs appear to be putting the right pieces to be a decent team in the near future.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Look mummy! We are almost a relevant team!

First time since I have been a fan!

4 in a row

Giving alot of grief in premium NFL tipping comps like the AE in recent weeks..

ConteKillerCrotchCatch_zpsjpnia9yv.jpg

BarnburnerBuccsWk11_zps2yzfhwnd.jpg

BewaretheBuccs_zpsp1a4y1q5.jpg

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
Bucs kicker Roberto Aguayo says he’s ready to compete for his job

Posted by Michael David Smith on May 21, 2017, 11:28 AM EDT

613842882.jpg

Getty Images

Ordinarily, when a team trades up in the second round to draft a player, that player’s roster spot is safe for at least a couple years. But Roberto Aguayo is no ordinary second-year player.

Aguayo, the kicker the Buccaneers drafted last season, had a terrible rookie year and will have to compete with veteran Nick Folk for the kicking job. He says he embraces that.

It is motivation,” Aguayo told PewterReport.com. “When I was in college there would be walk-on kids come in and I didn’t know who they were or if they were good or whatever. But whoever they were, it was always a competition for me. Just seeing someone else out there trying to compete. I like it.”

Aguayo said he thinks both he and Folk will benefit from the pressure of a camp competition.

“I look at it like playing golf,” Aguayo said. “When you go out there playing by yourself you are playing to shoot par or shoot your best, but when you have someone else out there it’s like, ‘Well he hit a good shot so I want to hit a good shot.’ So it is good motivation for both of us and it is just going to make both of us better. And the better one will come out on top.”

The Bucs’ decision to draft Aguayo was widely criticized at the time and will be criticized even more if he can’t beat out Folk this summer. He sounds confident that he can vindicate the team’s faith in him.

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
Bucs waived 2016 second-round K Roberto Aguayo.

Aguayo will go down as one of the worst second-round picks in history, especially since Tampa traded up to get him. At least the Bucs didn't fall into a sunk-cost pit. Not ready for prime-time right from the start, Aguayo struggled last preseason before converting just 71 percent of his attempts and missing two extra points as a rookie. Aguayo's fate was sealed after he claimed to be "unlucky" to miss a PAT and a field goal in Friday's preseason opener. Clearly in need of time to clear his head, Aguayo will likely slip through waivers unclaimed.
Related: Buccaneers

Source: Rick Stroud on Twitter
Aug 12 - 12:18 PM

Remove this Banner Ad

Back