Tamworth AFL

Remove this Banner Ad

combaning

Team Captain
Jun 25, 2009
AFL Club
GWS
Hello I am moving to the New England area and was wondering if someone could give the specs (footy standard, fitness, coaching standard, teams, travel time, player payments, training etc) on the Tamworth AFL competition. Are there any teams to avoid with bad culture or great clubs to play for as well? Looking forward to season 2012!

Don't know much of the standard of the comp, but got on the tins with the Tamworth Swans earlier this year at the NAB Cup at Blacktown, great bunch of fellas in their carrot top hats!

Hey combaning, i played with the tamworth roos about 6 years ago, great bunch of blokes and a very strong and organised side. However most sides have plenty of good blokes. In regards to some of your questions, dependent on where your living should probably depend on who you play with as there is a bit of travel between grounds. I doubt any club would have player payments and the standard of footy is ok, it really depends on where you are coming from and what you are comparing it to. Hope this helps, let me know if you need any more info.

Travelled through the area just recently and was surprised to see clubs as far as Moree and Naribri play in the Tamworth comp, hopefully the AFL can put some development into the regional areas in NSW outside of the Murray and Riverina and let the Swans and Giants produce players from these areas. Get on board the mighty Moree Suns!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back