Opinion Tanking. The elephant that isn't going away

Remove this Banner Ad

Hopefully this puts the debate to bed.

Coaches can do what they like but as long as the blokes out on the field are trying to win the game (as West Coast clearly were last week and North clearly are today) I don't see a problem.

Does it? It gets talked about all year. It has not.

Media's gotta fill their papers with s**t I guess.

Both things can be true at the same time. I don't think the lottery is as bad as people think it is. I have no issues if North got pick 1 now, instead of the Eagles in a lottery.

Does it? It gets talked about all year. It has not.
Maybe.

Talk earlier in the year about Hawthorn tanking, they went "* it and put themselves out of contention for #1".

WCE accused of tanking vs Essendon and went "* it" and beat the Bulldogs, at their home, when they needed to win to ensure they could make finals.

North encouraged to tank all week from Vic media, they said "* it" and won a game they could've simply 'managed' and kept their hands on number 1.

I was wrong about North and it looks like all 3 teams didn't want the stain of tanking associated with them, despite the prize for #1 being Reid.

Yeah not a lot of quality to leave out really, give Allen and Kelly a rest.
They won't. In fact, Allen's been smashed all year and could very much do with sitting out the final game but would rather play Hurn & Shuey's final game.

Also would want to play every game he could after missing the entirety of last year, I imagine.

Kelly's still in good nick.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Stupid.

An idiot.

A person who’s IQ is on the left side of the bell curve.

A certified moron.

I don't think you understand how genes work. No one gene can predict one person's abilities.

Also, environment, personal experiences, education can play a huge factor, possibly an even bigger factor that genetics.

As for the "shallow" part, that has nothing to do with science or how we understand genetics. You may not then see the irony in using this colloquialism, in claiming someone comes from the shallow end from the gene pool, but I certainly see it from my point off view. I suggest next time you make a smart ass comment about genes you should probably do some reading on the subject matter.

I don't think you understand how genes work. No one gene can predict one person's abilities.

Also, environment, personal experiences, education can play a huge factor, possibly an even bigger factor that genetics.

As for the "shallow" part, that has nothing to do with science or how we understand genetics. You may not then see the irony in using this colloquialism, in claiming someone comes from the shallow end from the gene pool, but I certainly see it from my point off view. I suggest next time you make a smart ass comment about genes you should probably do some reading on the subject matter.
Ah, the master of predictions and lack of humour has spoken.

You do do metaphors don’t you?

The tank is dead, well done to North.

Crows to win comfortably tonight as befitting their standing as a 2023 finalist - oh wait!

Crows go from pick 6~ to pick 10~ with a win.

Tank chaos is ON lets go.

unimpressed morgan freeman GIF

Remove this Banner Ad

Back