Traded Tanner Bruhn [Traded to Geelong for #18]

Remove this Banner Ad

I wouldn't be against draft kids contracts being tiered depending on the round they are picked up in. So first rounders would be 3/4 year contracts and after that is your basic 2 years that happens now. The longer the contract, the more renumeration that the player gets as well as an offset for the longer contract. The likes of Bruhn could still request a trade, but would give GWS much more leverage than hemorrhaging players after 2 years. Also if a player is there for 4 years it gives them more chance to settle.

Last edited:
I wouldn't be against draft kids contracts being tiered depending on the round they are picked up in. So first rounders would be 3/4 year contracts and after that is your basic 2 years that happens now. The longer the contract, the more renumeration that the player gets as well as an offset for the longer contract. The likes of Bruhn could still request a trade, but would give GWS much more leverage than hemorrhaging players after 2 years. Also if a player is there for 4 years it gives them more chance to settle.
I think with the failure rate of later first rounders you probably don't want to be married to them. A decent portion end up list cloggers

All the players that leave after two years would request to leave after one year instead. Clubs won't be able to leverage the trade as the threat of the player tripping over their bottom lip for another 2-3 years if the trade was denied would be terrible for culture.

All the players that leave after two years would request to leave after one year instead. Clubs won't be able to leverage the trade as the threat of the player tripping over their bottom lip for another 2-3 years if the trade was denied would be terrible for culture.

Not really if a kid did that ie sooked it up by the end of year 3/4 hed be delisted and no club would probably want him. 4 year contracts means players can still ask for a trade but the club doesnt get reamed in terms of compensation as they havs leverage

GWS list manger having a tantrum about losing Bruhn, if you keep drafting mids and only mids you are going to lose some of the mids

Hopper, Taranto, Bruhn this year
Hately/Caldwell in recent years

Remind me again what you guys are paying Caldwell? I guess you chose to ignore the bit where he mentioned what clubs are offering 3rd year players to leave their drafted clubs.

Remind me again what you guys are paying Caldwell? I guess you chose to ignore the bit where he mentioned what clubs are offering 3rd year players to leave their drafted clubs.
****ed if I know

not other clubs faults you are overpaying Haynes Whitfield Cogs Kelly

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If they send a future 2nd back with Bowes they can't get everything done unless they sell somebody off. Esava to Port for another future 2nd seems the easy fix.

This “they can’t get everything” thing is a laugh

If they send a future 2nd back with Bowes they can't get everything done unless they sell somebody off. Esava to Port for another future 2nd seems the easy fix.
No one's paying an fr2 for sav or to help Geelong rip other clubs off.
To grt that pick they know they can give Geelong a bloody nose.

How about...
Pick 7 and 18 for bruhn giants send a second fr2 back

Cats are keeping 7. They really want Jyhe Clark above anyone. They will get the trades done and take 7 to the draft.

Yeah then they can't get all trades done.

Yes they can. Future first on one and 18 in the other trade. Pretty simple. There will be some late swaps here and there but that’s it. Henryfor a future 1, Pies
a hand in a better draft. 18 for Bruhn with Cats getting something back from the Pies (4th)

No one's paying an fr2 for sav or to help Geelong rip other clubs off.
To grt that pick they know they can give Geelong a bloody nose.
We have a bunch of late picks in 2022 that we clearly won't need if our trades get done.

We'd probably be happy to package up a bunch of them for a F2 even if it is 'overs', since they're not worth much to us anyway.

Also AFL may wish to help out GC by giving us permission to trade the F2 without needing to bring one in. Last thing AFL want is for the Bowes deal to fall over and Gold Coast to suffer.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back