Votes: 25 69.4%
  • No - grab the ******* thing and use your skills better

Votes: 8 22.2%
  • Jack Watts likes swimming and ......

Votes: 3 8.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Occasionally it is sublime eg prelim to Dusty.
Often it’s to our general advantage.
Becoming more often that it’s his first idea. He needs to pull it back.
He has elite disposal and decision making with ball in hand is outstanding. We lose that when he taps it.
He attempted to soccer one on the weekend when he could‘ve picked it up and delivered.
A little annoying at times. But he’s in the heat of battle, I’m not.

He needs to get it out of his game. Too many times he taps it on rather than going for the grab or taking control of the pill. Saw it again on the weekend. He is super damaging with ball in hand. It’s not volleyball he’s playing. It’s really starting to piss me off.

he is maybe the highest ever footy-iq player in the game

bit like edwards his fancy things dont often work cause his team mates are too slow thinking to work out whats happening

jack has done dozens if not hundreds of tap ons, flicks, off the ground etc. and most of them are good

He has elite disposal and decision making with ball in hand is outstanding. We lose that when he taps it.
He attempted to soccer one on the weekend when he could‘ve picked it up and delivered.

art is pain

Think you'll find he was doing it on the weekend because his fitness is still not quite there to take a flying leap.

I hardly believe he even left the ground for a mark on the weekend.

If it's a trait he uses as a first choice then I agree with the OP but atm I think its too early to tell.

He's usually out-numbered and it wouldn't surprise me if this is a coached strategy.

Note that there is almost always a crumbing player running past. It keeps the ball moving quickly. Taking a grab might actually slow things down to the detriment of the attacking game we play.

It's effective and I don't mind it if I don't think he's a realistic change to take the grab.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

really?? Is this really an underlying major issue? FMD I can’t wait for the season to start

yes. AND IT’S PISSING ME ORF.

OP should've tapped back before posting this thread.

Nope. We are a discussion board. Not a circle jerk board. You should of been here in 2016 bro.....

Thank you. You get where i’m coming from.

Nope. We are a discussion board. Not a circle jerk board. You should of been here in 2016 bro.....

I was here in 2016, the streets were paved in Sack Dimma posts and every corner had a Tyrone Vickery cutout to spit on.

I hear your criticism about circlejerking, but we shouldn’t be striving to turn this place back into a post-war Stalingrad because there’s too many people enjoying our success.

I was here in 2016, the streets were paved in Sack Dimma posts and every corner had a Tyrone Vickery cutout to spit on.

I hear your criticism about circlejerking, but we shouldn’t be striving to turn this place back into a post-war Stalingrad because there’s too many people enjoying our success.

i think you are drawing a pretty long bow there. I am critical of one aspect of his play which is becoming more prevalent in my opinion. I love Jack so much i am on record as saying if it was a schoolyard pick between Jack and Richo, i would take Jack everytime.
Not sure where you are getting the I don’t want people enjoying our success. Actually on the Stalingrad point, we shouldn’t become so arrogant through our success that we can’t debate our team or aspects of it.

i think you are drawing a pretty long bow there. I am critical of one aspect of his play which is becoming more prevalent in my opinion. I love Jack so much i am on record as saying if it was a schoolyard pick between Jack and Richo, i would take Jack everytime.
Not sure where you are getting the I don’t want people enjoying our success. Actually on the Stalingrad point, we shouldn’t become so arrogant through our success that we can’t debate our team or aspects of it.

But what you're criticising is the area of his play that has been the foundation of why Jack is such a good player in this current version of Richmond. Let's agree to disagree.

But what you're criticising is the area of his play that has been the foundation of why Jack is such a good player in this current version of Richmond. Let's agree to disagree.

But, it’s becoming more prevalent. surely we are allowed to discuss it?

I dont think it’s becoming more prevalent , I think if it doesn’t come off it sticks out like dogs balls , if I recall he tried a soccer that fkd up. What I saw was a 31yo that went through the praccy match motions to get thru, I wouldn’t go underestimating him

Not underestimating him either. In fact it’s because of his greatness as a forward i want him to continue with what has made him a wonderful footballer and best FF at the club i have seen in my lifetime.

Back