Help Tapatalk App Issues

TechFerret

Team Captain
Mar 9, 2017
AFL Club
Melbourne
Does anyone use the app?

What's with the player info garbage in every second post, Chief?

I'd give you a screenshot, but uploads keep failing too.
We've added a feature that pops up a player data card automatically if it detects the presence of a player name where we have data.

If this is colliding with the Tapatalk app then we could look at adding the ability in preferences to disable displaying that feature.

Will talk to Chief about it.

Regards, TF

TechFerret

Team Captain
Mar 9, 2017
AFL Club
Melbourne
It's happening for me too.

It's annoying as all get out.
Okay, we can look at fixing that. Not actually our fault, just the way Tapatalk grabs our content without seeing any of our addons but they don't seem inclined to do much about it. Probably a push to have it resolved tonight but can probably sort it out tomorrow.

Okay, we can look at fixing that. Not actually our fault, just the way Tapatalk grabs our content without seeing any of our addons but they don't seem inclined to do much about it. Probably a push to have it resolved tonight but can probably sort it out tomorrow.
Thanks

austinnn

Veteran GOP
Nov 7, 2012
France
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Bristol City FC, Urawa Red Diamonds FC
It's making posts close to unreadable on the bigfooty app. Please disable the player card feature until it's been sorted out.

Mego Red

The Artist Formerly Known As Kristof
10k Posts
Oct 3, 2003
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Soft spot for Brisbane
We've added a feature that pops up a player data card automatically if it detects the presence of a player name where we have data.

If this is colliding with the Tapatalk app then we could look at adding the ability in preferences to disable displaying that feature.

Will talk to Chief about it.

Regards, TF
It makes the BigFooty android app absolutely unusable.

TechFerret

Team Captain
Mar 9, 2017
AFL Club
Melbourne
It can be disabled until we have a fix for the app(s). May take an hour or so to do this but then we'll leave it off until alternate solution in place by tomorrow or so.

Last edited:
Why are tapatalk/other apps even supported anymore TechFerret? It seems to create more problems than it's worth and the website works fine on phones these days. You can add a shortcut to the website to your home screen too, I think there are even ways to repackage it as a normal app.

Why are tapatalk/other apps even supported anymore TechFerret? It seems to create more problems than it's worth and the website works fine on phones these days. You can add a shortcut to the website to your home screen too, I think there are even ways to repackage it as a normal app.
Xenforo version 2.2 will take advantage of some of these new options for Appifying a website.

Not sure when we will go to 2.2 - likely when all of our vital addons have been updated by their various developers.

Does anyone use the app?

What's with the player info garbage in every second post, Chief?

I'd give you a screenshot, but uploads keep failing too.
You now have an option to turn off player cards in your Preferences.

1603073837541.png

TechFerret

Team Captain
Mar 9, 2017
AFL Club
Melbourne
Thank god I found this thread!

Posts were practically unreadable in the app. Especially in discussions on drafts and trades. Lines and lines of player stats randomly inserted into the middle of posts.
Was it still broken until you turned the preference off? A fix was meant to go live today to automatically detect/fix for app users, but Chief thought it was okay when he tried it on the app.

Regards, TF

twinkletoes#17

Coaster
May 30, 2016
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Dang it. When you change the user preference does it clean up?
Yes disappears straight away when I change preferences - I just returned to hell and changed my preferences back to see if it was still happening on Android - it is.

Anyway this is what it looks like on android - this is screenshots of 1 pretty short comment... but took 6 screenshots to get it all in.

20201023_231234.jpeg
20201023_231138.jpeg
20201023_231119.jpeg
20201023_231058.jpeg
20201023_231025.jpeg
20201023_231009.jpeg

Yes disappears straight away when I change preferences - I just returned to hell and changed my preferences back to see if it was still happening on Android - it is.

Anyway this is what it looks like on android - this is screenshots of 1 pretty short comment... but took 6 screenshots to get it all in.

View attachment 993211View attachment 993212View attachment 993213View attachment 993214View attachment 993215View attachment 993216
Just a thought - is your app up to date?

TechFerret

Team Captain
Mar 9, 2017
AFL Club
Melbourne

Our auto-detection of Tapatalk may have been broken, have just pushed a supposed fix live. Could you please try one more time turning off that preference and seeing if it displays normally? If it still screws up then turn it back on by all means. Just trying to fix it more broadly and automatically.

Regards, TF

Back