News Tapping to Brisbane Lions as assistant coach (p6)

Remove this Banner Ad

Like I said think about it because there are other ways to win over the minds of the masses than refusing to acknowledge that not every outcome can be spun to not reflect poorly on a club that is struggling ATM.

My conscience is fine - I weigh in when the posts are lacking clear logic or omitting the obvious explanation as in your case.

It's surprising how often that happens - it's amazing how people punt on "conspiracy" here, when much simpler explanations are far more likely.

Anyone have any idea who may be our new reserves coach?
Personally i haved baged and critisised Bucks many times on this forum.
However unless we have some evidence that Harvey and Buckley were the reason he left i think its unfair to come to these conclusions.
He may have been offered a more senior assistants role ? It may have to do with job descrition and rather than anything else.

You tell me since you seem to know what is going on with your sources.
Well with everyone Bloody Bitching about everything that has Had Happened since he took over.

How about you tell us you seem to know Everything:rolleyes:
I thought you two might be able to be friends now that the Witts/Grundy war is over :(

Could you honestly see him strengthen his skills at a club he has been at for a number of years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What like in the role of an assistant coach for example?
As good of a chance as he will get at Brisbane.

Enough of this sugarcoating crap, you ever thought why nothing is a problem at our Club yet we keep sinking further and further?

He either left because he thinks he won't improve under the current regime or due to being overlooked for a more senior role despite some great results.
Indictment on the Club either way.

Enough of this sugarcoating crap, you ever thought why nothing is a problem at our Club yet we keep sinking further and further?

He either left because he thinks he won't improve under the current regime or due to being overlooked for a more senior role despite some great results.

I totally agree with you. I would have loved him in an assistant role and was surprised that he wasn't promoted.

All I am saying is that I don't see the problem of him doing his AFL apprenticeship at another club. What the instances of him going there - who knows.

I want nothing but the best for our club and unfortunately we are going to have to put up with more pain before it gets better.

I totally agree with you. I would have loved him in an assistant role and was surprised that he wasn't promoted.

All I am saying is that I don't see the problem of him doing his AFL apprenticeship at another club. What the instances of him going there - who knows.

I want nothing but the best for our club and unfortunately we are going to have to put up with more pain before it gets better.

I suppose it's worth thinking what is the more important role at the club? The coach of the VFL side who it teaching the kids the game style and developing them to take the step into the seniors? Or an assistant who looks after a segment only and while provides some input, the coach makes the decision in game day.

I don't know, but Tapping has had both roles and obviously has been very good in the current role.

I thought you two might be able to be friends now that the Witts/Grundy war is over :(
Sadly no but at least I am now free to say what I like about Grundy without the Witts name coming up.:p
TradeDraft are not friends on Big Footy, we will always disagree about something, this time Bucks but we are good friends outside of Big Footy.:D

Sadly no but at least I am now free to say what I like about Grundy without the Witts name coming up.:p
TradeDraft are not friends on Big Footy, we will always disagree about something, this time Bucks but we are good friends outside of Big Footy.:D

You sure know how to pick 'em...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Same, but does anyone read it?
if collingwood are like my ex work place they will only read it if it is good feed back or it's
not about senior management
ps great new avatar maggie

any way to dale tapping you will be missed for your good work and record in the vfl for collingwood
all the best for the future at the lions and your new career opportunity

Option 3. The best VFL coach get poached by the biggest basket club that just got handed a priority pick.
AFL would have told them to get someone good and he is as good as you can get.
Option 4 Sam Mitchell goes to WCE because the Hawks can't teach him much more. After 4 yrs at the Pies what can Tapping learn? Now he goes to a new club, new coach, new environment. Challenges and opportunities galore. He would be mad to stay at the Pies if he is serious about his profession. He is a coach first and Collingwood fan only for the duration of his contract

Remove this Banner Ad

Back