News Tapping to Brisbane Lions as assistant coach (p6)

Remove this Banner Ad

Can we stop blaming Bucks for everything? It's getting beyond sad now.
Some people eat for nourishment some people need Buckley for nourishment.....

Then Who's Fault we been going Backwards ever since Bucks took over?
Not winning enough games as the list was not good enough; either it's improving or it's not.
Better list, better players, player improvement etc and the team will go forwards.
All part of the ebb and flow Od list / teams.
Each of the 18 clubs are essentially trying to do the same thing....
only one will truly succeed each given year, that's football mathematics.

It's actually that simple.
People are at times addicted to the messiah complex....

Win games and we will be a great club, the rest is mere conjecture

and Why he Left
Take your pick:
New challenge.
More money.
Much more money
Wanted to leave anyway
Wife wanted to live in QLD
Anything else you can think of....
Just to annoy big footy posters.....

Then Who's Fault we been going Backwards ever since Bucks took over?
Also happens to be that Tapping came on board around that time.
This year Gubby comes in and removes all the dead wood that are standing between us and ultimate succes.
And Tapping leaves to a basket case club. Like Balme before him.
Coincidence. Don't think so.

This year Gubby comes in and removes all the dead wood that are standing between us and ultimate succes.

The VFL Team did the Opposite to the AFL Side in that time

So he is not a strapping young sapling in a rapid growth spurt but an unwanted piece of deadwood, discarded by Gubby in his pursuit of success? In that case, let's cease bemoaning his departure and rejoice! It's all onwards and upwards from here! :D

The VFL Team did the Opposite to the AFL Side in that time
Writing was on the wall. Emphatically beaten in the finals. 5 of his best players in Brown, Witts, Frost, Williams and Cloke wanted out coz they didn't want to play for Tapping in the VFL next year.
I am glad it was noticed and actioned upon.

Writing was on the wall. Emphatically beaten in the finals. 5 of his best players in Brown, Witts, Frost, Williams and Cloke wanted out coz they didn't want to play for Tapping in the VFL next year.
Wow!
But the team was without the 5 players you listed in the finals and therefore weakened? I am confused. The VFL team performed creditably given the drain of players to the AFL, though the 5 you mentioned did play a lot of VFL games in the regular season.

Instead of blaming Buckley for Cloke, Brown and Williams wanting out, you are now suggesting Tappling is the true culprit? I can't believe how out of touch I am with the inner workings of the club.

It's all too confusing and contradictory. Perhaps it's time to switch off all things football till next season. In the famous words of Sargent Schultz: 'I know nothing. Nothing!' :(

So is tapping a Asshold that no one wanted to play for then?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wow!
But the team was without the 5 players you listed in the finals and therefore weakened? I am confused. The VFL team performed creditably given the drain of players to the AFL, though the 5 you mentioned did play a lot of VFL games in the regular season.

Instead of blaming Buckley for Cloke, Brown and Williams wanting out, you are now suggesting Tappling is the true culprit? I can't believe how out of touch I am with the inner workings of the club.

It's all too confusing and contradictory. Perhaps it's time to switch off all things football till next season. In the famous words of Sargent Scultz: 'I know nothing. Nothing!' :(

Dave PicaBoo didn't say or mean that at all.

I left the last final at the start of the third quarter.........not because I am a fair weather supporter but because I went to the previous 6 weeks in the VFL and that performance was not indicative of a Tapping team.

The players had "checked" out.

I think Tapping is a big loss to our Club..............he can Coach that I am certain about.

All the best Tapping in the future you deserve it.

see how it works dave, you can turn any situation to suit ones thinking. to make even the good look bad

I left the last final at the start of the third quarter.........not because I am a fair weather supporter but because I went to the previous 6 weeks in the VFL and that performance was not indicative of a Tapping team.

I think Tapping is a big loss to our Club..............he can Coach that I am certain about.

In other words, Tapping is a saint and Buckley is a campaigner. Just as we always thought. :rolleyes:

In other words, Tapping is a saint and Buckley is a campaigner. Just as we always thought. :rolleyes:

Don't be cheeky TGG or I will put you in the naughty corner with Dave!

Nah I am just showing how easy it is to come up with a s**t story about a person just by connecting a few random dots and give a little spin to some facts.
And there have been a lot of those lately. But apparently when it isn't the popular let's bag Buckley' theme people think and take notice.
A VFL coach of the year is hard to keep. There will always be other clubs more desperate for his services. Perhaps there is more but to think he was destined to stay is wishful thinking. Although I did wish it too.

Isn't Tapps just "taking the sure thing" instead of being part of the eventual cull of all the coaching panel when Bucks gets ousted next year?
Tapps wants to coach at senior level. Fagan will be out of Brissy in 2-3 years and Tapps will be a chance of the gig. Makes sense to me....if he's sacked next year as part of the Buckley Ticket....his stocks would be way lower of getting a senior gig elsewhere.
I think he's followed the smart money.

Yeah, anyway thanks Tapps/Tapas, good luck in the future & thanks for the ride.

CfdXcKwXIAAOZZQ.jpg

tapas.jpg

Fairly obvious why he left, being an AFL assistant is a promotion from his role with us and he'd be getting more money.

Same as if any of you got offered a promotion and more money from another company, you'd leave.

Isn't Tapps just "taking the sure thing" instead of being part of the eventual cull of all the coaching panel when Bucks gets ousted next year?
Tapps wants to coach at senior level. Fagan will be out of Brissy in 2-3 years and Tapps will be a chance of the gig. Makes sense to me....if he's sacked next year as part of the Buckley Ticket....his stocks would be way lower of getting a senior gig elsewhere.
I think he's followed the smart money.

Think you might be close to the truth here. It would have been a big decision for Tapping. He has a young family and would have had to weigh up the impact of changing schools and being away from extended family in Melbourne. In the end his career comes first and I think he made the right decision. Collingwood is a mess.

Last edited:
We need to start being more respectful to clubs below us on the ladder. There really isn't that many of them, and who knows, we might dislodge one or two of them from their underachieving strongholds in 2017.
Maybe he felt he was leaving a basket case club?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back