Media Tarkymetrics - Season 29 Player of the Year

Remove this Banner Ad

Round 3a

Coney Island Warriors v West Coast Wonders

The Warriors and Wonders were to meet in a Round 3 fixture that was well placed to have big impacts on both side's premiership credentials. The Warriors had looked awesome in their previous week's demolition job of the Demons and were keen to reprise the treatment against a second Foundation Cup opponent, while the Wonders themselves were full of confidence after pasting the Gumbies by 37 points the previous week. The game lived up to the hype early - six lead changes in the first quarter before BEEG and Papa Juggs stamped their authority on the game in the second, as the Warriors turned the corner 24 points ahead at half time. The Wonders were not to be headed though, and Sab22 kicked three third quarter goals to haul the Wonders back within eight points at the final break. It looked as though West Coast were heading for a victory for the ages when they broke through to take the lead in the sixteenth minute of the final quarter, but the Warriors rallied strongly and scored in the dying minutes to drag themselves over the line in an excellent game.
Top Dreamteam: Elton Johns Wig (138), Cadaver (128), Bloodied52 (120)

Gold City Royals v Baghdad Bombers
Gold City were desperate to open their account for season 29, while the Bombers were looking to build on good work from the previous week. It was Baghdad who got off to what would eventually be the game defining flyer, but they couldn't capitalise - pepperig the goals in an eleven scoring shot to one opening term. On the canvas, The Filth Wizard entered with a 7 minute cameo that produced 3.1, and trimmed the result to 2 points midway through the second before the Bombers reaffirmed control. Not to be denied, the Royals sensed victory and edged their noses in front for the first time on the three quarter time siren thanks to a Kapow!!! major. A Marlowe goal in the first ten seconds from resumption pushed the lead out to eight for the Royals, but the Bombers came with a flurry and with fifteen to play both sides were locked/ In a grinding final quarter, the Bombers found themselves up by a goal with 9 minutes to play, and with neither side being able to wrestle the ball into their forwardline it was enough.
Top Dreamteam: Cesoir (128), Kapow!!! (106), Antonio BlueVein (93)

Fighting Furies v Roys FFC
Having lost their first two games, the Furies were keen to resuscitate their season, and a bottom four clash with the Roys presented a perfect opportunity. In what was a tightly contested game, the margin not exceeding seven points at any of the first three breaks, the Furies looked at all times to be slightly better than their opponents - mostly by virute of Tigerturbulance helping himself to 28 disposals and 4 goals in the ruck. When the Furies took the ascendancy with five minutes to play in the third quarter (the 13th match lead change), they never looked back and ran out comfortable 17 point winners.
Top Dreamteam: Tigerturbulance (115), Runk (95), JackNah_8 (84)

View attachment 881503

Yew, 1 vote bitches. I'm better than shithouse, I'm offically "almost mediocre" :thumbsu:

Plse Tarks. As opposed to Noobz0r pantsredacted Tony Lynn 15 you do not have to whore yourself out in a back breaking media thread to obtain beez relevance.

Everyone who looks at any Dees match thread knows you are a regular and entertaining if oft misplaced contributor.

Most beez voters value match thread contributions far more than media thread whoring. I have no doubt that you will figure in the votes of many. You engage. Posters like Kennedy Parker do not. I'd be shocked if you do not finish well ahead of the others I mentioned in this post.
Has it ever occurred to you that the aforementioned posters make media not because of the beez but because thats the aspect of the league they genuinely enjoy? Moreso than responding to your cringey posts that have 1500 words but in the end says nothing.

Has it ever occurred to you that the aforementioned posters make media not because of the beez but because thats the aspect of the league they genuinely enjoy? Moreso than responding to your cringey posts that have 1500 words but in the end says nothing.

Won't waste a manangatang fact check on your OPs

You are the one who gets to choose when and where mang can post his content? That'll be news to him.

Probably. Still IMLTHO the absolute best posters in the joint enjoy creating great threads as much as they enjoy engaging with all manner of posters in the joint, particularly in match threads.

Sure I get you like creating some great threads (and I really do enjoy them, as I hope most do). You put a lot of thought and effort in.

Personal tastes of course differ. As much as I enjoy your OPs and appreciate the effort give me a Test Tickle manangatang Harvey Manfrenjensenden Elton Johns Wig Tony Lynn 15 Ned_Flanders or TheInjuryFactory Headless every time.

Those fekkers, annoying as they are, have a crack all over the place and will chip away at anyone.

I urge you to open yourself up to having a bit of fun in match threads. Have a crack. You might enjoy yourself.

Probably. Still IMLTHO the absolute best posters in the joint enjoy creating great threads as much as they enjoy engaging with all manner of posters in the joint, particularly in match threads.

Sure I get you like creating some great threads (and I really do enjoy them, as I hope most do). You put a lot of thought and effort in.

Personal tastes of course differ. As much as I enjoy your OPs and appreciate the effort give me a Test Tickle manangatang Harvey Manfrenjensenden Elton Johns Wig Tony Lynn 15 Ned_Flanders or TheInjuryFactory Headless every time.

Those fekkers, annoying as they are, have a crack all over the place and will chip away at anyone.

I urge you to open yourself up to having a bit of fun in match threads. Have a crack. You might enjoy yourself.
Haha what, KP has posted in every match thread this season.

What an odd line of thought, are you that desperate to try and prove your shitty point?

People are different, and like different things.

Bloodied52 that's your view, and it's valid and relevant, even if the others cracking back don't agree.

Just as much as their POV is valid and relevant, even though you clearly disagree.

How about we wait until the beez results are released before we throw toys out of cots?

Hey Bloodied52, because I'm such a nice guy I went back to check your claim about Kennedy Parker only posting in media threads. I would just hate for you to make broad, sweeping generalisations without knowing the full facts.

KP posted in every single match thread this season, and averaged 22.11 posts per week. His high post count came in round 7, where he notched up 58 posts.

This hardly seems to match your narrative, does it?

Hey Bloodied52, because I'm such a nice guy I went back to check your claim about Kennedy Parker only posting in media threads. I would just hate for you to make broad, sweeping generalisations without knowing the full facts.

KP posted in every single match thread this season, and averaged 22.11 posts per week. His high post count came in round 7, where he notched up 58 posts.

This hardly seems to match your narrative, does it?

lollies for the kid.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've played 171 games, I've posted in 171 match threads. In 10 seasons here I've average approx 20 posts or more in 8 seasons. I engage enough and if people find that I don't engage them often, it's probably just because i dont find the poster all that interesting.

... erm ... no
Right, so you're the kind of coward who takes pot shots and is too weak to have a dip when someone provides facts? There isn't a problem with admitting you got one wrong. Not that I blame you given your weird obsession with KP.

Either way, I think you just lost the privilege of judging others' posting quality with any sort of repute.

I've played 171 games, I've posted in 171 match threads. In 10 seasons here I've average approx 20 posts or more in 8 seasons. I engage enough and if people find that I don't engage them often, it's probably just because i dont find the poster all that interesting.

As his teammate I can vouch for this. I'm a tremendously tedious person and he has not once responded to a single one of my posts or acknowledged my existence despite both of us being very active in the same match thread.

images - 2020-05-26T121327.399.jpeg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back