Media Tarkymetrics - The Newest Approach to Determining the Who's Who of the Competition

Remove this Banner Ad

Welcome to the Round 2 instalment of Tarkymetrics Team of the Week!

sausageroll and I have been working hard behind the scenes and our beast is just about ready for release to the public. We are expecting to be able to stagger reveal both the team of the week and the dynamic team of the year in such a way that we'll catch up to a live finish at the end of the final round. For now, please bear with us as we recount old ground.

Round 2 of competition saw the Dragons topple the Gumbies by nine points, whilst the Swamprats observed a lofty second last after going down to the unbeaten the Wonders by 19. The Warriors dominated the Royals, humbling them by just under ten goals, whilst the Royals continued their winning ways against the Bears. The final two games of the round were thrillers, with the Furies beating the Demons by 3 points in Tarkyn_24's first match against his old club while the Hawks lost the grand final rematch in agonising fashion, going down by a solitary goal.

The backline of the week comprises two Hawks , with the dominant key position back brahj earning his position on the spine after making 137 appearances in the match thread, while rookie YearOfTheRoos earned a back pocket. Wise Guy Sam was named at Full Back for his stopping job in the Roys win, while @sportsmaniac and Wacky Tiger assumed their positions on the two half back flanks for a second week running after strong posting games, despite sportsmaniac falling down with only 24 Dream Team points on game day. The Dragons' Determinant was inexplicably rewarded the final spot in the backline after receiving full marks for their posting for the week, a decision that may raise an eyebrow or two in what was a pretty lacklustre match thread.

The centreline is packed to the rafters with rookies making an impression, with NinjaSwan becoming the third Hawk to make the side and GotTheGoodes earning the coveted centre position, despite not featuring in the most recent top five for rookie rankings elsewhere on the board. The dependable JoshWoodenSpoon was selected on the right wing after a standard performance where he attracted attention moreso for his quality posting than a dominant QOOTY performance. The ruck position was once again rewarded to KohPhi , who seems to have slimmed down this week, whilst Elton Johns Wig returned to the side, this time in his customary midfield rather than on a back flank. The undisputed midfielder of the week, however, was pantskyle , who trailed only KohPhi for ranking points.

The forward line once again comprises Demons pair Headless and sausageroll, who between them bring over 600 games of QOOTY experience to the team by themselves. sausageroll actually came the closest I've seen to a perfect week, punished only by JackNah_8 's allocation of votes for quality from the match thread after earning maximum points for both sim performance and activity. In a performance that I actually had to double check the match thread to ensure was correct, Blacky earned the full forward gig. What made Blacky's effort so sensational was the fact that he was actually dragged eighteen minutes into the game, having already posted his first goal as the Royals looked to find the right combination. He was then brought back out five minutes later and accumulated 29 touches, showing incredible mobility for a forward. This freak performance consigned haydo to a forward pocket for his own 6.4 effort, while Helen Wheels was desperately unlucky to miss selection for the Furies, being 0.04 ranking points outside of a berth in the team. The Roys' Runk and Warriors zackah were the final two to earn their positions within the team.

The bench, as is becoming the norm, was the home of players that saw plenty of the ball. Reserve ruckperson philreich had 21 disposals and eleven hitouts in a servicable affair, whilst the Warriors enforcer Frankston Rover earned his start on the bench with his own 21 disposal, 2 goal effort from the midfield in the Warriors crushing victory.

Please stay tuned for sausageroll revealing the dynamic team of the year up to Round 2 - the team that would earn All-SFA selection according to the algorithm if decided at that point in time. Coming soon!

02 STOTW.png

Is sausageroll just on board so he can award himself the best first season player award?
I wouldn't even win that if I was just up against the players in the team above. For some reason no-one involved in the voting ever thinks I'm worthy of their vote.

Is sausageroll just on board so he can award himself the best first season player award?
We’re trying our best to arrange that win but for some reason we can’t find a way to get him any higher than eighteenth :(

That bloody Ruck position is a hard spot to crack.
Definitely - this week KohPhi was the highest scorer, rating about a 9.4 out of 10. To give that number a bit of context, the lowest ranking player to still make the team scored just over 5 out of 10.

A lot of it comes down to being active, posting consistently good stuff and then also just a touch of luck with the sim. The inside midfielder and ruck positions tend to be loaded because people enjoy playing these positions because you tend to accumulate more Mobbs votes and have generally better games. As such it makes the competition a little tighter.

Being consistently good will eventually see you break the team, and I’m planning down the track to do a player of the year awards night where votes will be allocated on the basis of ranking points which should make it a bit easier for those players in “loaded” positions to be recognised.

To just make it a little bit clearer about how good a performance worth 8 or higher ranking points is; you could do everything right, amass maximum votes for quality and maximum points for activity and if the sim still doesn’t give you a stat the maximum number of ranking points you can accumulate is 7.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The forward line once again comprises Demons pair Headless and @sausageroll, who between them bring over 600 games of QOOTY experience to the team by themselves. @sausageroll actually came the closest I've seen to a perfect week, punished only by JackNah_8 's allocation of votes for quality from the match thread after earning maximum points for both sim performance and activity.

sorry sausageroll lol

Don’t be, the *er deserved it! :p

I only brought it up in the synopsis of the team because I really, highly doubt we’ll see a 10/10 performance, so to even come that close was impressive in itself.

I wouldn't even win that if I was just up against the players in the team above. For some reason no-one involved in the voting ever thinks I'm worthy of their vote.

I'd vote for you my meaty, flaky pastry covered Prince.

Don’t be, the ****** deserved it! :p

I only brought it up in the synopsis of the team because I really, highly doubt we’ll see a 10/10 performance, so to even come that close was impressive in itself.
It was his only chance to get that perfect score lol He probably said something annoying in that match thread, so I didn't give him a high score.

That bloody Ruck position is a hard spot to crack.

I thought the Forward Pocket would be easy to crack...apparently not.

raining_david_tennant.gif

I'd vote for you my meaty, flaky pastry covered Prince.
I'd vote for you too :thumbsu:

Do you vote for the Bombers?

I don't vote for the Demons so this conversation could be meaningless
...from a Tarkymetrics point of view.

Is it because I said Dave Brent is a better dancer than Moloko?

Can confirm that this is a meaningless conversation.

I plan on taking nahnah and Headless ’ identities to the grave with me.

Nah I'm not the Bombers voter :(

Remove this Banner Ad

Back