Past #26: Tarryn Thomas - Roo until end '24

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
giphy.gif

TT's been clipped out of your avatar hasn't he...

#thekidisarisk

I was at the game and would have to say that as far as bench mark TT games it was below his usual output. You could see that he hasn't done a lot of work with North Launnie this year because he got lost in their structures a bit. As some have pointed out he did show glimpses of what he is capable of- i expect that in the Grand final he'll turn it on.

Bit of TT in this video

0.35, 2.50 and 6.20 marks.

I really hate that at 2:49. I feel like some of the TSL players go out there to hurt the younger players, they also targeted him after a tackle and wrestled him while he was on the ground early in the game. They did it last year in the GF too. So annoying.

I really hate that at 2:49. I feel like some of the TSL players go out there to hurt the younger players, they also targeted him after a tackle and wrestled him while he was on the ground early in the game. They did it last year in the GF too. So annoying.
Nothing in that incident. Guy spins and can't pull up in time so puts the arms out to protect himself, theres no real bump action there.

Of course players will do more in a final to stamp themselves on the game though.

Nothing in that incident. Guy spins and can't pull up in time so puts the arms out to protect himself, theres no real bump action there.

Of course players will do more in a final to stamp themselves on the game though.
I just think they try to tackle them much harder and bully the young players. The TSL is kind of known for it. I think it will be better next year when the Tassie under 18s will be playing TAC cup instead.

Draft Central released their September power rankings today.

Thomas at 9
upload_2018-9-3_20-26-18.jpeg
(August rank: #9)

Thomas is a really exciting player whose glimpses over the last few years suggest he is going to be a special player in the future. The Tasmanian falls into North Melbourne’s Next-Generation Academy and therefore the Kangaroos will have first dibs on Thomas who will likely command a first round bid. Thomas is an outside midfielder who has a good burst of speed and agility, using it well off his right foot. He can also push forward and hit the scoreboard. One of the cleanest players in the draft crop, Thomas is a one-touch player and turns an inch into a mile.

Past month:

Thomas will have a break this weekend after his North Launceston side automatically earned a spot in the Tasmanian State League (TSL) Grand Final. They knocked off Glenorchy with Thomas named in the best and booting a goal. Some rumours floating around that he will slide, but we are confident he is still a quality talent and a clear first round prospect.

I just think they try to tackle them much harder and bully the young players. The TSL is kind of known for it. I think it will be better next year when the Tassie under 18s will be playing TAC cup instead.
The TSL is made up mostly of young players. The old State Wide League of the late 80's and early 90's was ferocious and no place for the faint hearted! Have a look on youtube for games in those periods.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

20 touches, 3 contested marks, 7 marks, 2 goals for Tarryn. Really windy day and playing on a wet ground. Came third in the Baldock medal :)

Nic Baker who played for North Melbourne VFL and has a combine invite was really good too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back