Past #26: Tarryn Thomas - Roo until end '24

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing was taken off us as we didn't want Ballarat. Tas was our preference and rightly so.

The academy is already looking very promising.

Are you suggesting the club wanted to sell games to tassie for the academy's?

Come on man, it's only about the money.

Are you suggesting the club wanted to sell games to tassie for the academy's?

Come on man, it's only about the money.

Huh? Strange comment.

The whole Ballarat taken off us is a myth, as our CEO has stated we committed to Tas so the Dogs got our scraps (being Ballarat). People need to move on from it.

Hopefully one or more of these boys make it at AFL level, but of even more interest to me is where do they get those names from?

Whats with the parents? Eventually someones gonna call some poor kid Horace, except they'll spell it Horiys.

You should see some of the kids names where l work Horry.
Believe in N.Z. a judge made a ruling on stupid names after someone wanted to call their kid " bus stop no. 13 "

KiwiRoo ?

Last edited:
13 is the luckiest number of all. Owning it distinguishes you from the Sheeple.

I have it tattoed in my sleeve. El Salvadorean Customs wouldn't let me in the country thinking my 13 = their 13.

Interesting they are all from Launnie, being so small.

I wonder if its due to focusing there rather than Hobart for training sessions, or simply coincidence.

Interesting they are all from Launnie, being so small.

I wonder if its due to focusing there rather than Hobart for training sessions, or simply coincidence.
Launceston, particularly North Launceston FC has a long and proud history of aboriginal players. Maynard, Mansell, Thomas, Green, Brown are common footy names down here. Not sure about the south of the state?

Launceston, particularly North Launceston FC has a long and proud history of aboriginal players. Maynard, Mansell, Thomas, Green, Brown are common footy names down here. Not sure about the south of the state?

Ok cool, I wasn't aware of that. For some reason i thought South had a larger Indigenous community, especially further South of Hobart in Huonville, Cygnet etc. As for footy though no i wouldn't have any idea of history in that regard, even living here for over 30 years.....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Stop bitch and moaning about the Ballarat saga. We had 3 homes ffs. How is that good for any club? We were always going to commit to Melbourne and either tassie or Ballarat. We just kept our options open to see what was the best fit. The fact that no one has been successful in Ballarat and we have exceeded expectations in tassie, suggests to me we have made the right choice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13 is the luckiest number of all. Owning it distinguishes you from the Sheeple.

I have it tattoed in my sleeve. El Salvadorean Customs wouldn't let me in the country thinking my 13 = their 13.

That'd be the MS 13 gang, one of the most brutal and far reaching gangs on earth. The whole Central and Southern America regions are dominated by them and they basically run prisons throughout the region and some in North America also.

Mansell and Maynard are the main ones down this way I believe.

Not a huge indigenous presence in the South really.

We have to have him
will-be-mine.gif

So could someone explain how this works..... We finish 3rd last 2018, teams below dont nominate him we choose another highly rated player. At some stage he gets called and we have to match points?

Is that correct?

So could someone explain how this works..... We finish 3rd last 2018, teams below dont nominate him we choose another highly rated player. At some stage he gets called and we have to match points?

Is that correct?

We have #3 and say Carlton and Brisbane have #1 and #2. If neither of them nominate him and take John Doe at #1 and Jack Smith at #2, then we can take whoever at #3, and wait until Tarryn gets nominated at any of #4 --> our next pick.

Say we pick at #20 next, if nobody nominates him until #20 (unlikely), we could pick whoever at #20 and wait until he gets nominated before our next pick, likely #40-odd. If he continues on this development trajectory though we'll be spending through the nose for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back