Past #26: Tarryn Thomas - Roo until end '24

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd heard that he was 191, but I don't think anywhere has confirmed that.

191 or 192 would be good, any higher than that, it starts getting to almost tweener levels, not sure he's a key tall.

Bontempelli is 192, Goodes was 191, O'Loughlin was 190, Cripps is 195cm but he's very inside and lacks the agility.

191-192 is the sweet spot.
I call it the Andrejs Everitt Zone.

Are you basing that on his slight frame?

No, seen him play 6 or so games. And his marking didn't seem particularly strong. Even today at training he had lead back hard into space and got a longish kick put into space. The kick did sit up a little but Clarke came back with the flight and did enough to cause him to drop it.

To me Thomas needs time and space to utilise his strengths. I can't see him getting this as a forward.

No, seen him play 6 or so games. And his marking didn't seem particularly strong. Even today at training he had lead back hard into space and got a longish kick put into space. The kick did sit up a little but Clarke came back with the flight and did enough to cause him to drop it.

To me Thomas needs time and space to utilise his strengths. I can't see him getting this as a forward.

Fair enough. I thought he played a lot forward in the tassie league.

FWIW, The best forward since Carey, Buddy, is an average mark and uses space to kick goals.

I’m not saying he’s the next buddy, but I don’t want to pidgin hole him either. I reckon he could be anything.

FWIW, The best forward since Carey, Buddy, is an average mark and uses space to kick goals.

I’m not saying he’s the next buddy, but I don’t want to pidgin hole him either. I reckon he could be anything.
Buddy's marking is only average compared to other great forwards.

I made mention back in October about a thing I heard that TT is tracking like Buddy now with his growth but I still can't remember where I heard it (I'm sure it was TAC Superstars or whatever that show is on a Sunday morning on 9).

Another photo of TT and Bailey Scott.

Both behind Cunners.

061217_Goldstein2.jpg

Is he 17 yet?

Thanks GR, i could've googled it but you were on line and i knew you would respond quicker than my searching ability.
Actually had the Tasmanian AFL Academy team on hand. Born 25 March 2000.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting that Scott is allowed to train with us, despite being part of GC academy?
He is also part of our F/S academy so can train with both. Probs can yrain with Cats too.

Interesting that Scott is allowed to train with us, despite being part of GC academy?

I think they are free to train with all clubs, I think Blakey had a few runs with us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back