Past #26: Tarryn Thomas - Roo until end '24

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Watched the TSL GF today and didn't know a thing about this kid, did a bit of googling after he kicked and awesome crumbing goal, breaking a couple of tackles in the process.
He's got a good size about him, great pace especially over the first few steps and man can he tackle!! Tackled blokes that would of weighed 30kg more than him and the tackles stuck more often than not.
His down side is he kicking. Good over short distances but had s couple of kicks on the run today, going inside 50 that missed the target by 20m.
IMHO he's a natural winger but would easily move fwd onto a flank at times. Today I think his coach played him deep fwd s bit too much where his size hurt him (Norths delivery inside 50 was shocking today)
But thd thing that really impressed me was his attitude. Was blocking, chatting to his team mates, got hammered in tackles and just got up and got on with the game.
You guys are going to have a beauty there but I'm guessing he'll cost you as plenty of teams will bid high for him

A little warning for young players - don't do a video search for Taryn Thomas. Eek.

Yep. But he's a gun - we are very lucky!

Play him off the back flank, and take any offensive ability away and he's a lock :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Clearly the commentators struggled calling him, with only his last name, but who cares really. Maybe they had 4 Thomas' in the team!

Won't get excited until he's in a north jumper. I look forward to some bullshit rule change that costs us. Or he moves to western sydney to train at the AIS for 3 months and magically is allowed to nominate GWS

Won't get excited until he's in a north jumper. I look forward to some bullshit rule change that costs us. Or he moves to western sydney to train at the AIS for 3 months and magically is allowed to nominate GWS
Or says he refuses to go to North and selects GWS because his cousins step-sisters workmate once visited the club

Watched this kid yesterday in the GF . Very very light , but to be expected , still just a kid. Will be a very good player . Watched him closely and the first thing I thought of was , he is very Wells like in his movements . Does go in hard but seems to have great pace and skills as well .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back