Recommitted Tarryn Thomas [OOC 2024] - Staying at North

Remove this Banner Ad

Why you sending threatening messages brother?
She should have gone police, he shouldn't have done wrong in the first place.
Maybe they should raise afl draft age, it is dangerous exposing 18 year olds to far more mature bodies, let alone the money they make which attracts girls wanting that money.
You can't play NFL until you are 22.
Different game I know.

Last edited:
She should have gone police, he shouldn't have done wrong in the first place.
Maybe they should raise afl draft age, it is dangerous exposing 18 year olds to far more mature bodies, let alone the money they make which attracts girls wanting that money.
You can't play NFL until you are 22.
Different game I know.
What does any of that have to do with treating people with respect?

Are you seriously blaming women & money for TT being verbally abusive & threatening?

What does any of that have to do with treating people with respect?

Are you seriously blaming women & money for TT being verbally abusive & threatening?
I don't know him from a bar of soap.
Having money at that age is something some people can't handle.
But older also can't always handle.
Look at Dani Alvarez, sentenced to 4 years jail.
Or Mendy ( although I think he was found not guilty).
A shame AFL is so insular in its mentality, no wonder they don't play it anywhere else.

Why did somebody like Simon Lethlean
get sacked ( for screwing Kurtley Beale's girl, thankfully her husband found not guilty of rape as an irrelevant sidepoint) ,
and then the CEO Gill is telling clubs to employ him in a very well paid, cushy job.
That is quite sick and perverted in itself.

I don't know him from a bar of soap.
Having money at that age is something some people can't handle.
But older also can't always handle.
Look at Dani Alvarez, sentenced to 4 years jail.
Or Mendy ( although I think he was found not guilty).
A shame AFL is so insular in its mentality, no wonder they don't play it anywhere else.

Why did somebody like Simon Lethlean
get sacked ( for screwing Kurtley Beale's girl, thankfully her husband found not guilty of rape as an irrelevant sidepoint) ,
and then the CEO Gill is telling clubs to employ him in a very well paid, cushy job.
That is quite sick and perverted in itself.
None of any of what you have said is relevant or have anything to do with TT threatening women.

None of any of what you have said is relevant or have anything to do with TT threatening women.
I totally agree he shouldn't do that. It is wrong and he shot himself in the foot.
If he didn't like this girl anymore, simply tell her nicely he has a new girl, threatening is unacceptable.
I just don't think he should be banned for life from AFL as many seem to suggest he should.
I think he needed at least a night or two in the slammer to wake him up.

I totally agree he shouldn't do that. It is wrong and he shot himself in the foot.
If he didn't like this girl anymore, simply tell her nicely he has a new girl, threatening is unacceptable.
I just don't think he should be banned for life from AFL as many seem to suggest he should.
I think he needed at least a night or two in the slammer to wake him up.
Yeah sure .. a couple of nights in jail would teach him all about respectful behaviour & how not to be verbally abusive to women 🙄

What about if a player was involved in a pedo ring, is it the club's business to get involved?
It seems that sydney_gws isn't aware of the AFL Integrity Unit, which deals with these types of things.

It's how players who are filmed doing drugs, for example, get suspended & fined, but the police don't necessarily get involved.

Of course in the example you used, the police most definitely would get involved.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think he will but it will be in 2026 - surly any team would want at least 18 months of good behaviour before rolling the dice on him.
Good behaviour, and they're not picking him on the back of not playing any football for an extended period.

9 months is a not enough time for a repeat offender.

Zero chance.

Because he’s a good footballer. Clubs pretend to care but they really don’t. North were softer on him for that very reason.

There are lots of good footballers, many of whom come without the baggage that Thomas carries.

Clubs care an enormous amount about their reputation. To say they don't care about potential domestic violence cases is absolutely crazy IMO.

Doesn't fit the minimum age requirement at Geelong anyway :p If he is playing the footy he is at the minute as a "loose cannon", I cant wait to see what he plays like when on the straight and narrow path. I'm sure he has learnt his lesson through the whole ordeal he went through as a 20-21 year old and will be better for it. 99% of blokes who cop the heat and outside noise he did as a 20-21 year old dont even get back on the field let alone produce the output and numbers Tarryn has

;)

He did let me down. I had massive faith in him :(

To be honest, I've seen this story so many times it ends up becoming tiresome. A player with such ridiculous natural ability and they flush their footballing career down the toilet.

Off the top of my head, I can think of Nathan Ablett, Chris Yarran, Allen Jakovich, Adrian McAdam, Jared Brennan, Liam Jurrah, Darren Wheildon.
But all those guys showed a lot more promise than what Thomas has.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back