Roast Tarryn Thomas - The AFL's answer to Ben Simmons

Remove this Banner Ad

Apparently lost a close family member during the week, would explain his demeanour

But replying to social media comments like that makes him out to be a twat

Not sure how the AFL fixes this train wreck, a simple PP won't do it and North have already traded away their second and third picks this year, only have pick 1 then something in the late 50's.
Traded out of that area of the draft as we are likely committed to Cooper Harvey (Brent F/S) around those picks.

Whether it will be a good decision or not is another question.

While I hate the way he plays this year, just no effort or care, why is he the piece of s**t for getting into a keyboard warrior? I wouldn't care if he ****ed the keyboard warriors mum in reply, flogs who get stuck into players on their socials deserve some of the worst things in life to be honest.

Apparently lost a close family member during the week, would explain his demeanour

But replying to social media comments like that makes him out to be a twat

Did make sense as he was wearing 2 black armbands while others wore one.

However, doesn't excuse rounds 1 through 13 either. The effort has been rubbish all year. He promised so much in the 2nd half of last year, it was promising but not even AA standard, and looks like he has ridden on the coattails like he was Dusty 2017.

The sad reality as that instagram post shows is we have a culture of young guys happy to get paid and go back home to browse tiktok/fb/ etc. I don't think JHF falls into this catergory, but it's a large part of what will drive him out if he wants to leave. He is playing with people that simply don't care.

Winning has become incidental rather than a priority.

TT is going to go down as one of those massively wasted talents like Nick Kyrios or Ben Simmons, but he won't care because he got paid.

I mean he is just giving back what he got in return, he can hardly use his performance or winning as a reply so he uses 1 thing that he has over most of the general pop, let's not all become psychologists based on 1 post.

Our young blokes do the same social media s**t as the others, except ours don't win. That's the key difference. Ginnivan and Quaynor lay in bed roasting women who just existed, but no one hopes their career ends. One guy trolls Thomas, he replies, apparently we can read exactly into our culture now and we all want his career to end and he's a s**t bloke. * Bigfooty has some Bigbrain takes.

Having said all the above, he's literally worth Stephenson bargain chips for me at the trade table. I'd take best offer. I don't want players that have conditional effort depending on whether they like the coach or not. Unfortunately we can't trade out half the side.

Did make sense as he was wearing 2 black armbands while others wore one.

However, doesn't excuse rounds 1 through 13 either. The effort has been rubbish all year. He promised so much in the 2nd half of last year, it was promising but not even AA standard, and looks like he has ridden on the coattails like he was Dusty 2017.
I'm disappointed all of our blokes weren't wearing two armbands. When I grew up playing we'd wear armbands for teammates who lost someone close to them.

Had a death in the family - so he’ll get a pass this week, nobody is touching that.

He’ll probably cop a racist message on Insta too - should put out that fire.
I had a death in the family this week but I didn’t say that I’m better than you. Even if I thought it was true, I’m just not that much of an arsehole.

This prick is meant to be a role model.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought Gary Rohan was more like Ben Simmonds

Because they both s**t the bed in the finals

The amount of flogs who think it’s their right to insult players on social media and then get upset when they get a bit coming back their way.

Look at all you knobs in here, upset that he had the temerity to fire a shot back at some sarcastic flog.

Good on Thomas for giving some lip back to a keyboard warrior, but if it’s true that he lost a grandparent this week then he probably shouldn’t have played.

North would do well to monitor the abuse headed his way and check in on him though.

The amount of flogs who think it’s their right to insult players on social media and then get upset when they get a bit coming back their way.

Look at all you knobs in here, upset that he had the temerity to fire a shot back at some sarcastic flog.

Good on Thomas for giving some lip back to a keyboard warrior, but if it’s true that he lost a grandparent this week then he probably shouldn’t have played.

North would do well to monitor the abuse headed his way and check in on him though.

No one is saying people should be posting stuff on his social media (albeit pretty mild in the case of the comment that provoked the reply).

The criticism is him bragging about how much money he's making literally 10 minutes after the worst game of his career in what has been such a disappointment of a season from him personally and the team as a collective.

I mean, this his first game back after being dropped because he was out on the piss and turned up to training hungover and, in the words of his coach, 'lost the trust of his team mates'.

To call posters in this thread knobs because they hold the opinion that his response was poor given all the above says more about you than any one else.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back