Roast Tarryn Thomas - The AFL's answer to Ben Simmons

Man the way you are making it sound is like this guy sent death threats or something. The guy just said for him to get more touches. Would be less abusive then any of the stuff you’ve posted here.
Needs more hyperbole.

Aug 13, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Yesterdays performance was a write off. Better off forgetting it, that’s everyone including TT.

His performances in general this year when he should be driving the team forward and instead is getting dropped for poor training standards are alarming.

Still plenty of time to turn it around, but I really think he’s a top 20 talent.

North stripping their list so bare and leaving a big culture, leadership and experience void is having the worst possible results.

Aug 13, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Regarding the instagram stuff:

All players should either have private accounts or limit comments on their accounts to only people they follow.

It’s crazy to have comments turned on and to be reading. Say whatever you like back, you shouldn’t be reading them to begin with.

I reckon Tarryn’s response was a very cheap and easy return of serve. Not the best response, but I find it amazing the amount of people who are lining up to condemn him for firing a shot back at some wannabe who wanted to throw some mud at him.

I’ve never understood w***ers who tag players into their demeaning or emotional posts during or after a game on social media. They wouldn’t say it to a players face, and if they ever did they’d be doing so with the comfort of knowing that the player has a limited ability to respond without bringing more heat onto himself.

It’s why I applaud Thomas for throwing some shade back at this flog, even if it’s a cheap and childish insult that he’ll be told to not do by North. Fire with fire and all that.
Guessing you've been bullied online a lot, such is your defensiveness with him on this.

Online trolls will always be there, he needs to be better.

Jan 7, 2005
Down the rabbit hole
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Fatebringer
The sad reality as that instagram post shows is we have a culture of young guys happy to get paid and go back home to browse tiktok/fb/ etc. I don't think JHF falls into this catergory, but it's a large part of what will drive him out if he wants to leave. He is playing with people that simply don't care.

Winning has become incidental rather than a priority.

TT is going to go down as one of those massively wasted talents like Nick Kyrios or Ben Simmons, but he won't care because he got paid.
I doubt they're browsing FB. Unless they're gmilf-hunting I guess

Costanza_

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 2, 2008
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
West Ham United
No one will remember him but so did a kid named Ed Barlow around 15 years ago at the Swans. Had all the qualities he needed to be a great footballer but just lacked any killer instinct.

One of the worst calls in BigFooty history was some bloke on the board labelling him the "white Goodes" after his first couple of games. Agree he had all the physical attributes. What a waste...

Aside from all the palaver, I suspect TT has lost some physical confidence. He copped busted ribs (unclear whether there were internal injuries) after a crazy brave desperate smother went wrong.

These are the crazy brave acts that we take for granted our players will do. Sometimes bones can mend more quickly than recovery of 'the bottle' to go again.

North would have been very keen to get him back asap. He has not looked the same player and yesterday was diabolical. It is all a bit of a mystery.

Nov 2, 2014
AFL Club
Tasmania
Other Teams
#TeamTurboChooks
Just trying his best to delete North, so that he can play for Tasmania.
genius-think.gif

OniAu

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 4, 2007
Bendigo
AFL Club
Collingwood
I hope you're not, but being a Collingwood fan I wouldn't have been surprised if you were referring to Heritier Lumumba or Adam Goodes.

Referring to dumb athletes who think they have it all and it lasts forever. Lumumba & Adam, those two put in whilst they were in the system, both achieved amazing feats

Jan 7, 2005
Down the rabbit hole
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Fatebringer
I reckon Tarryn’s response was a very cheap and easy return of serve. Not the best response, but I find it amazing the amount of people who are lining up to condemn him for firing a shot back at some wannabe who wanted to throw some mud at him.

I’ve never understood w***ers who tag players into their demeaning or emotional posts during or after a game on social media. They wouldn’t say it to a players face, and if they ever did they’d be doing so with the comfort of knowing that the player has a limited ability to respond without bringing more heat onto himself.

It’s why I applaud Thomas for throwing some shade back at this flog, even if it’s a cheap and childish insult that he’ll be told to not do by North. Fire with fire and all that.
why? What can it achieve?

It's a symptom of low EQ. Replying simply to make yourself feel better in the moment. It will achieve nothing, and will in fact be counter-productive. But he still does it, for no other reason than to satiate his emotional need in the moment.

If you think that's "fighting back" or teaching a lesson then that's a pretty weird perspective honestly. Everyone knows trolls just want attention. TT made this guys year by responding. Gave him a good lesson on how effective public trolling can be and no doubt ensured he and others will up their ante exponentially.

In what world anyone could consider that a good outcome?

His footballing issues are probably themselves symptomatic of his evidently low EQ too. Supporting this is a very strange perspective to have all round

why? What can it achieve?

It's a symptom of low EQ. Replying simply to make yourself feel better in the moment. It will achieve nothing, and will in fact be counter-productive. But he still does it, for no other reason than to satiate his emotional need in the moment.

If you think that's "fighting back" or teaching a lesson then that's a pretty weird perspective honestly. Everyone knows trolls just want attention. TT made this guys year by responding. Gave him a good lesson on how effective public trolling can be and no doubt ensured he and others will up their ante exponentially.

In what world anyone could consider that a good outcome?

His footballing issues are probably themselves symptomatic of his evidently low EQ too. Supporting this is a very strange perspective to have all round
I’m not sure I’d expect much emotional intelligence from a 22yr old.

He’s had a swipe back at someone who thought they’d give him some free feedback. I don’t mind it at all in this instance.

I wonder if he was the target of Noble's tyrade that Noble later apologised for? Maybe he is checked-out mentally from this team on top of having a bad week in general also.
I doubt it. He was recovering from internal injuries that week.

Aside from all the palaver, I suspect TT has lost some physical confidence. He copped busted ribs (unclear whether there were internal injuries) after a crazy brave desperate smother went wrong.

These are the crazy brave acts that we take for granted our players will do. Sometimes bones can mend more quickly than recovery of 'the bottle' to go again.

North would have been very keen to get him back asap. He has not looked the same player and yesterday was diabolical. It is all a bit of a mystery.

He lost a family member and the coach said he was struggling with it, not sure why he played, but his form was poor before the family member passed away and resulted in him being dropped.

He wasn't exactly setting the world on fire before his injury, he had a really strong pre-season the year before and last year he showed what he was capable of but he has struggled to find space or get separation, is lacking in any kind of acceleration atm. I am assuming he has been struggling with a number of things and has manifested into confidence and attitude issues out of frustration.

This year is a write-off, i think the club should just focus on getting him physically right for the pre-season so he isn't carrying any injuries into that. He, his manager and the club need to sit down and resolve any issues that may exist so he is focused and committed, otherwise he is better off somewhere else.

Back