Rumour Tarryn Thomas wants out

Remove this Banner Ad

Spoke to my mate before:

Apparently during the match sim Tarryn burnt a few blokes and had a shot on goal and completely sprayed it. David Loader and Jarrod Moore both stopped the session and got stuck into Tarryn in front of the whole group. I don’t think he took it too well.

JZ then took the piss out of him in the rooms for it and TT being young and embarrassed didn’t take the banter well at all. He ended up throwing his full Gatorade cup at JZ. JZ then grabbed him and pushed him into the wall. TT then swung and they both went at it before it got broken up by Jed Anderson and one of the younger blokes who was nearby (Perez or something?)

There’s rumours of criticism towards JZ’s leadership at North (everyone wants Cunners to captain) and I think a lot of people aren’t happy with the way he goes about it. He’s a bit of a smartarse (especially on the beers) and young indigenous blokes from interstate need to be nurtured and not humiliated in front of the playing group. Rumours of TT feeling out the market are starting to surface at the club as well, so I’m not sure if JZ is a massive fan.

Anyway, that’s about it. Bit of a non-story which I’m sure they will get over. Apparently JZ presented Tarryn with his jumper on draft night as well so hopefully they can move on from this.

I’d kill to have leadership like that at tigerland, to many young blokes Coast and you can’t do much with the poor leadership of cotchin and that mute Dustin, long live Wayne Campbell

Spoke to my mate before:

Apparently during the match sim Tarryn burnt a few blokes and had a shot on goal and completely sprayed it. David Loader and Jarrod Moore both stopped the session and got stuck into Tarryn in front of the whole group. I don’t think he took it too well.

JZ then took the piss out of him in the rooms for it and TT being young and embarrassed didn’t take the banter well at all. He ended up throwing his full Gatorade cup at JZ. JZ then grabbed him and pushed him into the wall. TT then swung and they both went at it before it got broken up by Jed Anderson and one of the younger blokes who was nearby (Perez or something?)

There’s rumours of criticism towards JZ’s leadership at North (everyone wants Cunners to captain) and I think a lot of people aren’t happy with the way he goes about it. He’s a bit of a smartarse (especially on the beers) and young indigenous blokes from interstate need to be nurtured and not humiliated in front of the playing group. Rumours of TT feeling out the market are starting to surface at the club as well, so I’m not sure if JZ is a massive fan.

Anyway, that’s about it. Bit of a non-story which I’m sure they will get over. Apparently JZ presented Tarryn with his jumper on draft night as well so hopefully they can move on from this.

Look, your story may have some truth to it but Wayne Carey has a better chance of captaining North in the future than Ben Cunnington. The bloke is a mute.

Actually hope Ziebell and TT punched on. Need a bit of spirit in the joint.

TT contracted to 2022 so locked away which is good.

In regards to the next captain at North, there is certainly no clear standout. It wont be Cunnington though.

Big chance for the next generation to step up this year.

Actually hope Ziebell and TT punched on. Need a bit of spirit in the joint.

TT contracted to 2022 so locked away which is good.

In regards to the next captain at North, there is certainly no clear standout. It wont be Cunnington though.

Big chance for the next generation to step up this year.

No contracted player had ever left a club!!

Another ignorant Richmond supporter. Barrett goes out of his way to stick the boots into North. He is not welcome at the club.

He has a crack at the admin.. I think he leaves the players alone

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As I said, North players wanted Cunnington in their leadership group, Lo and behold. Will be Ziebell’s last season as captain. They’ve gone a larger leadership group this season to lessen his responsibilities and hope a younger bloke can step up and take over.

Anyone else surprised to see Simpkin in there? Tarryn Thomas is good mates with him. Hmmmm...

As I said, North players wanted Cunnington in their leadership group, Lo and behold. Will be Ziebell’s last season as captain. They’ve gone a larger leadership group this season to lessen his responsibilities and hope a younger bloke can step up and take over.

Anyone else surprised to see Simpkin in there? Tarryn Thomas is good mates with him. Hmmmm...

LOL, you're pathetic.

You said they wanted Cunnington as captain - wrong. Anyone who knows anything about Ben is aware that he does not want to be captain. The players (and supporters) love the guy because he's an out and out star, and it seems he is now willing to go into the group as he considers himself a veteran. But he doesn't wish to take on captaincy.

There is a lot of excitement around Jy this pre-season and we are expecting a break-out year. He has great leadership qualities and promoting him to the group has been well received by all.

I don't know what s**t you're trying to stir with linking Jy's friendship to TT, but you're perhaps the only one stupid enough to believe Jy has been promoted so there can be conflict in the leadership group. There's not a club in the world that would voluntarily promote someone to a leadership group with a view to causing disruption in said group.

PS - why don't you post as UpTheGuts any more?

LOL, you're pathetic.

You said they wanted Cunnington as captain - wrong. Anyone who knows anything about Ben is aware that he does not want to be captain. The players (and supporters) love the guy because he's an out and out star, and it seems he is now willing to go into the group as he considers himself a veteran. But he doesn't wish to take on captaincy.

There is a lot of excitement around Jy this pre-season and we are expecting a break-out year. He has great leadership qualities and promoting him to the group has been well received by all.

I don't know what s**t you're trying to stir with linking Jy's friendship to TT, but you're perhaps the only one stupid enough to believe Jy has been promoted so there can be conflict in the leadership group. There's not a club in the world that would voluntarily promote someone to a leadership group with a view to causing disruption in said group.

Lol they all want Cunnington as captain. And Simpkin was put into the leadership group as a desperate ploy to retain Thomas, not to make things awkward between the indigenous players and Ziebell.

You nuffy.

Drink some Yakult.

LOL, you're pathetic.

Lol they all want Cunnington as captain. And Simpkin was put into the leadership group as a desperate ploy to retain Thomas, not to make things awkward between the indigenous players and Ziebell.

You nuffy.

Drink some Yakult.

You nuffy.

Drink some Yakult.

Oh, you poor thing.

Go back and read what you just wrote, then try to identify on which planet this scenario would occur: widely acknowledged emerging leader is promoted to a leadership group for the sole purpose of ensuring the happiness of one of his dozens of friends (and one who has a 3 year contract). Hint: it's not earth.

It's clear that your North "friend" is taking advantage of your stupidity and seeing if you'll run with totally implausible stories. He's now laughing at you.

Oh, you poor thing.

Go back and read what you just wrote, then try to identify on which planet this scenario would occur: widely acknowledged emerging leader is promoted to a leadership group for the sole purpose of ensuring the happiness of one of his dozens of friends (and one who has a 3 year contract). Hint: it's not earth.

It's clear that your North "friend" is taking advantage of your stupidity and seeing if you'll run with totally implausible stories. He's now laughing at you.
Me: North players want Cunnington as their captain
North supporters: Cunnington is a mute, he couldn’t be a leader, blah blah blah
This week: Cunnington has been elevated into the leadership group

Why aren’t you just appreciative that I’m sharing intel on your club? I’m happy to share the positive stuff as well as the negative.

Me: North players want Cunnington as their captain
North supporters: Cunnington is a mute, he couldn’t be a leader, blah blah blah
This week: Cunnington has been elevated into the leadership group

Why aren’t you just appreciative that I’m sharing intel on your club? I’m happy to share the positive stuff as well as the negative.

Leadership group is not captaincy - most adults can appreciate the distinction.

Also, captaincy (and leadership group) was voted on by the player group this year. Go figure.

No response to the fact that your Simpkin theory is beyond stupid?

Intel implies intelligence, so nah, we don't need to hear from you.

Leadership group is not captaincy - most adults can appreciate the distinction.

Also, captaincy (and leadership group) was voted on by the player group this year. Go figure.

No response to the fact that your Simpkin theory is beyond stupid?

Intel implies intelligence, so nah, we don't need to hear from you.
North supporters were talking down Cunnington’s leadership qualities because he is a “mute”. I assured you that players (not all) wanted him as their captain and he was put into the leadership group for the first time.

Do you think it’s a massive coincidence that as soon as I bring up North’s captain/leadership group on this board, North announce their leadership group two days later? Put two and two together here. I think you’re smart enough to realise that I have been fed reliable intel.

Watch me drop more throughout the season before it’s anywhere official. Then when trade time comes around you’ll want to be my best friend. Thankfully I’m a forgiving kind of guy.

North supporters were talking down Cunnington’s leadership qualities because he is a “mute”. I assured you that players (not all) wanted him as their captain and he was put into the leadership group for the first time.

Do you think it’s a massive coincidence that as soon as I bring up North’s captain/leadership group on this board, North announce their leadership group two days later? Put two and two together here. I think you’re smart enough to realise that I have been fed reliable intel.

Watch me drop more throughout the season before it’s anywhere official. Then when trade time comes around you’ll want to be my best friend. Thankfully I’m a forgiving kind of guy.

Oh, you are such a fool.

North announced the leadership group at the Season Launch function on Thursday night. I was among the many hundreds who attended this event, which was planned months ago. This is the annual jumper and leadership presentation to members. Has been happening for years. For clarity - they were always waiting until Thursday to finalise and announce the group, this has been months in the planning.

Your levels of stupidity continue to stun. It is beyond deluded to suggest that the North Melbourne Football Club reacted, within two days, to something that an ignorant opposition supporter has been posting on Bigfooty.

Oh, you are such a fool.

North announced the leadership group at the Season Launch function on Thursday night. I was among the many hundreds who attended this event, which was planned months ago. This is the annual jumper and leadership presentation to members. Has been happening for years. For clarity - they were always waiting until Thursday to finalise and announce the group, this has been months in the planning.

Your levels of stupidity continue to stun. It is beyond deluded to suggest that the North Melbourne Football Club reacted, within two days, to something that an ignorant opposition supporter has been posting on Bigfooty.
How am I supposed to know that? I don’t follow North Melbourne. All I know is that the players had a week to decide on the leadership group and Cunnington was a hot favourite. My mail was proven to be on the money as he was voted in. The leadership group was then revealed to the players by Reece Shaw before your little event on Thursday night.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back