Draft Profile Tarryn Thomas [NGA for North Melbourne]

Remove this Banner Ad

Love hearing the term "draft steal".

We could end up with one of the best from this draft without the predicted bottom 3 finish.

The only thing is, he's not KPP and not pure midfield, so I doubt he's top 3 in this draft, but he appears to have X factor up the wazoo.

The early correlations with Shaun Burgoyne may not be far off.

Rankine, Hill & TT present as some very exciting players in this draft.

On Tarryn he’ll be beauty. I keep reading the likening to Burgoyne but atm I lean to a young Daniel Wells. Tall midfielder that can go forward n kick a freakish goal.

And as per usual they run away when the lies, illiteracy n hypocrisy gets shown up.

On Tarryn he’ll be beauty. I keep reading the likening to Burgoyne but atm I lean to a young Daniel Wells. Tall midfielder that can go forward n kick a freakish goal.
Agreed Thomas is looking like a gun. His major criticism is on his build and contested possession but build can easily be worked through and contested possession can also be developed upon. It's harder to develop a players speed and skill which Thomas appears to have.

Agreed Thomas is looking like a gun. His major criticism is on his build and contested possession but build can easily be worked through and contested possession can also be developed upon. It's harder to develop a players speed and skill which Thomas appears to have.

I to think his contested possession will come. He had it at local level for norf lonny on small occasions but not consistently. I have no problem with his build for the midfield, it’ll fill out over time. IMO to many people expect a tall mid to be a bull like Cripps or Kennedy but I have no doubt in my mind a more athletic tall build with the amazing skills n speed that Thomas has will work just as well & like I said he ain’t soft.

To the mods, why did you delete the whole reply that I posted. You could have left the part about Tarryns toughness that hardly anyone ever talks about? It highlights a part about him that no1 ever talks about. I also provided an example in a GF.

You could have broken up the post just like you did with another post I did.

Agreed Thomas is looking like a gun. His major criticism is on his build and contested possession..............

14/22.3 = 63% contested possession rate.

He had 20 contested possessions out of 28 against your academy on the weekend.

14/22.3 = 63% contested possession rate.

He had 20 contested possessions out of 28 against your academy on the weekend.
http://www.espn.com.au/afl/story/_/...re-power-rankings-midfielders-make-their-move

13. Tarryn Thomas (TAS - North Melbourne Northern Academy)
Best position:
Midfield/defence
Height, weight: 189cm, 71kg
Recruited from: North Launceston
Projected draft range: 5-25
Similar to: Jack Martin
April ranking: 16
Rationale: Strong showings through the Under-18 Academy Series sees Thomas' stocks rise.
Strengths:
-Line-breaking pace
-Pressure on the ball carrier
-Tackling
-Clean skills
-Composure with ball in hand
-Lowers his eyes
-Time and space in traffic
Weaknesses:
-Light bodied
-Contested ball-winning

http://www.espn.com.au/afl/story/_/...re-power-rankings-midfielders-make-their-move

I disagree with knightmare here. He has a contested game like I’ve said. It’s just that you only see it very occasionally. He’s lightly built n played a lot of games at senior level against men at norf lonny so of course he hasn’t had time to work on this skill in game time. IMO he’s never going to be a contested beast but he’ll definitely have a contested side to his skill set. Norf and him will work on it n you’ll see it become part of his game.

To the mods, why did you delete the whole reply that I posted. You could have left the part about Tarryns toughness that hardly anyone ever talks about? It highlights a part about him that no1 ever talks about. I also provided an example in a GF.

You could have broken up the post just like you did with another post I did.

I couldn't be bothered editing every one of your posts. The D&T board rules are clear about using Bay 13 style team nicknames. Keep saying Norf, and I'll keep deleting until I get bored and hand out warnings.

I couldn't be bothered editing every one of your posts. The D&T board rules are clear about using Bay 13 style team nicknames. Keep saying Norf, and I'll keep deleting until I get bored and hand out warnings.

Why can’t I say Norf? Serious question. I have two nephews who go for them who have an uncle who volunteers at the club. We always text using the name Norf.

Could any NM fans answer this please. I’m not being a smart a$$ I’m seriously asking why? Like I’ve said I’ve got family members who follow the kangaroos n we always text using the word Norf or kangaroos when texting. One of them watched the 96 GF live n got a photo with duck, not once has he said anything about it n like I’ve said he has an uncle who volunteers at the club. Or is it just a BF thing. Like I’ve said I’m not trolling I’m asking a serious question.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Because it’s primarily used on BigFooty as a means of trolling. And it’s in the rules.

Ok fair enough. I apologise to any kangaroo fans. I honestly didn’t know. Can you provide a link to these rules and any other club nicknames/shortened names that has this type issue?

No drama.

TT is going to be the absolute steal of this draft

I’ve always thought he was terribly underrated until this year. If he was Victorian the reports would be a lot better. And extensive ie he has a contested possession side to his skill set.

Like I’ve said he reminds me way more like a young Daniel Wells than Burgoyne. At the end of the champs he could very well end up a top 5.

I’ve always thought he was terribly underrated until this year. If he was Victorian the reports would be a lot better. And extensive ie he has a contested possession side to his skill set.

Like I’ve said he reminds me way more like a young Daniel Wells than Burgoyne. At the end of the champs he could very well end up a top 5.

Don't think he's anywhere near as quick and explosive as a young Daniel Wells.

But he is much bigger physically, he may end up 6"4, and as you said, his inside game is already better than Wells' was until his mid 20's.

TBH, I think if he can put on the weight, he may be more Adam Goodes than the others given his height and versatility.

Don't think he's anywhere near as quick and explosive as a young Daniel Wells.

But he is much bigger physically, he may end up 6"4, and as you said, his inside game is already better than Wells' was until his mid 20's.

TBH, I think if he can put on the weight, he may be more Adam Goodes than the others.

Yeh he could. Your right about the explosiveness but hes not slow he has explosiveness but not up to wells speed. But wells was just unbelievable.

I think people forget how good a young Daniel Wells was. If not for injury and playing in premiership sides imo he would rate higher than Burgoyne. The three peat has elevated Burgoynes standing in the game. Don’t get me wrong Burgoyne is a great player. It’s just that I’ve always rated Wells highly.

TBH, I think if he can put on the weight, he may be more Adam Goodes than the others given his height and versatility.

Yeh he could. Your right about the explosiveness but hes not slow he has explosiveness but not up to wells speed. But wells was just unbelievable.

I think people forget how good a young Daniel Wells was. If not for injury and playing in premiership sides imo he would rate higher than Burgoyne. The three peat has elevated Burgoynes standing in the game. Don’t get me wrong Burgoyne is a great player. It’s just that I’ve always rated Wells highly.

Was pipped in the Sandover Medal as a 17 year old.

One of the most naturally talented players of the last 20 years of the draft.

Thomas dominating GWS:, has kicked 4 in 10 minutes either side of half time.

Was pipped in the Sandover Medal as a 17 year old.

One of the most naturally talented players of the last 20 years of the draft.

Thomas dominating GWS:

Like I said don’t be surprised if he ends up top 5. I know Kangaroo & Sydney supporters get into a sh..t fight over Thomas & Blakey but I honestly rate Thomas over Blakey atm, I think in years to come looking back Kangaroo supporters will be wrapped in getting Thomas.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back