Tas AFL team potential membership

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm a northern Tasmanian and while Launceston will be getting some games the taskforce business case showed the team has to based out of Hobart to be viable long term. The new stadium in Hobart is also being designed so it can be increased to 32,000 and 40,000 down the track if numbers warrant it.
Yeah I should have read about the increase. Best to plan for the future rather than be stuck with a small stadium with no possibility of expansion. Would like to see 32,000 straight off the bat. These numbers might just get it talked about.

I'm a northern Tasmanian and while Launceston will be getting some games the taskforce business case showed the team has to based out of Hobart to be viable long term. The new stadium in Hobart is also being designed so it can be increased to 32,000 and 40,000 down the track if numbers warrant it.

I’d be taking the 32k option straight away.
When Melbourne based teams play at the stadium, there will be a lot of fly in supporters coming across for the weekend …

I’d be taking the 32k option straight away.
When Melbourne based teams play at the stadium, there will be a lot of fly in supporters coming across for the weekend …
Yep. Can't just have a 23k fan base there and expect tourism from it with no opposition supporters. It just doesn't happen that way.

I'm glad to hear this. Where'd you come across this though, out of interest?

40000? Link please

It’s not fantasy that this foundation membership might get to 200k. That’s 2million dollars less the admin, postage and stickers. Which may be in short supply given they budgeted for 40k profit income.

I did a quick search and this mailing list may be worth a dollar per entry per month (organisations often pay to get a list)

Let’s say real memberships go on sale in March 2027. 3 years by 12 months by 200k dollars

That’s 2.4 million bucks a year each year for 3 years minimum for cross marketing with sponsors. The marketing team now be like those two goats meme.

And the political pull for the new govt on sunday? Priceless

Ps marketing is not my forte

When the AFL let me, I'm going to change my AFL membership team of support to Tasmania.

My main membership is always going to be the 1000 dollar one I pay for Richmond but the AFL membership I'll use to support the Devils.
Nice idea. As for me my AFL membership remains at Richmond but would get an away interstate Tassie membership.

It’s not fantasy that this foundation membership might get to 200k. That’s 2million dollars less the admin, postage and stickers. Which may be in short supply given they budgeted for 40k profit income.

I did a quick search and this mailing list may be worth a dollar per entry per month (organisations often pay to get a list)

Let’s say real memberships go on sale in March 2027. 3 years by 12 months by 200k dollars

That’s 2.4 million bucks a year each year for 3 years minimum for cross marketing with sponsors. The marketing team now be like those two goats meme.

And the political pull for the new govt on sunday? Priceless

Ps marketing is not my forte
How does the 80/20 rule apply to memberships? I think maybe 120k is the target from here if the rule applies from now.

How does the 80/20 rule apply to memberships? I think maybe 120k is the target from here if the rule applies from now.
I’m not even talking memberships, I’m talking sponsorship and cross marketing.
This was a fairly amateurish soft launch and the response is outstanding. Lack of corporate HQ based in Tassie might have been a negative, but I think this answers this nicely

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m not even talking memberships, I’m talking sponsorship and cross marketing.
This was a fairly amateurish soft launch and the response is outstanding. Lack of corporate HQ based in Tassie might have been a negative, but I think this answers this nicely

They went for people power first. The success of this strategy so far has been nothing short of outstanding.
The corporates will be looking at this. Its a numbers game for them. Its certainly a statement of the rightness of the entry of a Tasmanian team, & that the football public here & across the footy world are behind it.
Its for the good of the game here in Tassie, & shows the goodwill of the national footy public. IMHO. :)
I don't think too many here believe everything is a done deal. Only an idiot would. We still have political work to do, & I think the Tasmania FC board & AFL are well aware of the overall amount of work to do.
The foundation membership gives us all great heart to push even harder. Its for us, our kids & for generations to come.

They went for people power first. The success of this strategy so far has been nothing short of outstanding.
The corporates will be looking at this. Its a numbers game for them. Its certainly a statement of the rightness of the entry of a Tasmanian team, & that the football public here & across the footy world are behind it.
Its for the good of the game here in Tassie, & shows the goodwill of the national footy public. IMHO. :)
I don't think too many here believe everything is a done deal. Only an idiot would. We still have political work to do, & I think the Tasmania FC board & AFL are well aware of the overall amount of work to do.
The foundation membership gives us all great heart to push even harder. Its for us, our kids & for generations to come.
100%. Couldn't of said it better.

Awesome start Tasmania Devils!

At $10 a pop getting 500k isn’t out of the question.

How many will convert to true members and attend games once they are $200 odd each GA though.

Plenty of support for a TAS team. Hope there are 50k diehard members first season. Would be awesome!

Given TAS population continues to increase and that will require more employment, especially in the cities. Would it be feasible to rebuild the HBA-LST railway and put a new stadium between the two? Could even create a third major city from the ground up? 50,000 capacity suitable for a multitude of sports and events?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back