Tas AFL team potential membership

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm thinking thee order number doesn't include Multiple memberships purchased in 1 transaction
Yes from what Ive seen so far over time it seemed like about a 4:3 ratio but thats a fair bit of guesswork based on numbers released at different times and could be way off.

Basically it would mean once order 100k is hit, membership should be approaching 135k. Id be guessing its past that now given the current rate.

Lol you just seem sour because they are kicking North out of Tassie. Everybody knows the numbers are legitimate. You're literally the only person who thinks otherwise
I don’t. Guess that doesn’t make it everybody. Maybe you’re just super gullible. They reckon 1/5th of the states population has already become a member lol. I mean damn Collingwood were the first AFL club to get 100k members last year, and you reckon Tasmania has 100k already. Don’t believe everything you read on the net brah 🤣 it’s called a stunt

Lol you just seem sour because they are kicking North out of Tassie. Everybody knows the numbers are legitimate. You're literally the only person who thinks otherwise
I never wanted North to play in Tasmania and I am happy that Tasmania is getting their own team.

In other words, you are wrong, as usual, but you don't care about right or wrong, do you?

This is why the AFL can get away with their lies. They have sycophants like you who will swallow whatever they tell you.

I never wanted North to play in Tasmania and I am happy that Tasmania is getting their own team.

In other words, you are wrong, as usual, but you don't care about right or wrong, do you?

This is why the AFL can get away with their lies. They have sycophants like you who will swallow whatever they tell you.
Tassie board brah, show some respect.

FK that's funny

It's reached critical mass, it's self sustaining now. Say goodbye to your loved ones and cherish these final moments for soon the universe will coalesce into a singular entity, The Tasmania Devils.

I don’t. Guess that doesn’t make it everybody. Maybe you’re just super gullible. They reckon 1/5th of the states population has already become a member lol. I mean damn Collingwood were the first AFL club to get 100k members last year, and you reckon Tasmania has 100k already. Don’t believe everything you read on the net brah 🤣 it’s called a stunt
Nobody is saying that.

In my circle of mates we already have >10 members. Ill probably grab another for my son in the next couple of weeks. Not one of us lives or has ever lived in Tassie. I dont even live in Australia. This is going on everywhere.

You make it $10 to become a foundation member of an AFL club, especially one with a fun design, and from a state with a long standing love of footy (and contribution to the game), and people are gonna sign up. Period.

Anyone can join. I think there’s enough evidence that the Tassie diaspora not living in Tassie would be more than the current population living there.
Victorian residents especially might buy a vic based membership

It’s a vote of support for the concept

I get that it's an impressive number, but let's be real about it. They've sold 82k sticker packs. When 10% of the people realise their founding membership doesn't equate to anything more than stickers and an email, they'll throw a fit at not understanding they have to pay for an actual membership again. JJs did almost the same thing with the foundation memberships the year before they joined the NBL. Still gotta pay up for an actual membership when the time comes.

Having said that of the 82k (and more to come obvs), that'd probably be 30k from the north+NW and 45k from the south and the rest from interstate as a guess. Always thought 23k seats at a new stadium was gonna be way under when the membership tally comes through and the demand is there. The last thing you want though is paid up members missing out on seats to games. Otherwise it ends up a waitlist, and like MCC, Premier League clubs, etc it's just about how much you're willing to pay to get a seat rather than the inclusion of bringing in more members.

Location breakdown will be interesting. It’s a mailing list which can be monetised.
I guess of the people on it, a significant number don’t live in Tassie right now

How does the 80/20 rule apply to memberships? I think maybe 120k is the target from here if the rule applies from now.
Pretty impressive considering they were only
Location breakdown will be interesting. It’s a mailing list which can be monetised.
I guess of the people on it, a significant number don’t live in Tassie right now
The club yesterday said a majority are from Tasmania

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We will have a strong membership base in Victoria and get good crowds there in the same way Swans and Lions do.
Definitely will see a portion of members from over here. I think if we can sign a quarter of these foundation members to season memberships we will be on a winner.

Yes from what Ive seen so far over time it seemed like about a 4:3 ratio but thats a fair bit of guesswork based on numbers released at different times and could be way off.

Basically it would mean once order 100k is hit, membership should be approaching 135k. Id be guessing its past that now given the current rate.
I'd be intrigued to know how many foundation members have dual memberships. They'd know that because it's a question in the application.

This is from the North Texas Devils (USAFL) Facebook page-
To support both the launch of the Tasmanian Devils and NTX Devils kit, our club Founder will purchase a Tasmanian Devils foundation membership for all paid up NTX Devils members!! This includes training only and social memberships so you don’t have to be a player to benefit! Offer availability limited so DM for more details.
Come in, BE A DEVIL!

I'd be intrigued to know how many foundation members have dual memberships. They'd know that because it's a question in the application.
I couldn't answer it fully, because it's my fourth. :)

I'm a Carlton member obviously, but I'm also a member of both Sydney clubs so I can support the game up here.

I couldn't answer it fully, because it's my fourth. :)

I'm a Carlton member obviously, but I'm also a member of both Sydney clubs so I can support the game up here.
Wow! Four!

I heard on the radio today that about half of the memberships come from the mainland. I'm surmising that overwhelmingly those would be dual memberships.

Wow! Four!

I heard on the radio today that about half of the memberships come from the mainland. I'm surmising that overwhelmingly those would be dual memberships.
There are a LOT of Tasmanian expats on the Australian mainland, that doesn't surprise me to be honest.

And when I say four memberships, they are all supporter type memberships these days, I can't afford 4 full memberships. :)

There are a LOT of Tasmanian expats on the Australian mainland, that doesn't surprise me to be honest.

And when I say four memberships, they are all supporter type memberships these days, I can't afford 4 full memberships. :)

Tassie away crowds will be larger than home. Both will pass Gold Coast and gws in the first year. I have no doubt

Last edited:

I've no doubt that's a factor. However, most of the people I know are in the same boat as me. The thought of being a foundation member resonated.

Besides my girlfriend and myself, some of her family have signed up, and I have gotten my brother and some of our friends to sign up now as well! I think it is fantastic and love the support the Devils are getting, just hate its 4 years till our first AFL game! Haha.

Tassie away crowds will be larger than home. Both will pass Gold Coast and gws in the first year. I have no doubt
I can see that, and in general I think will be a lot of fans. I read somewhere that we will be in the VFL next season to start off. Is that still correct or no?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back