Tasmania Tasmania Devils, welcome to the AFL. Mens team to enter 2028. Womens team TBA. Labor declares support for Stadium 6/5

Remove this Banner Ad

Name and colours are good, the Devil logo is acceptable. The map of Tasmania with a T looks like something an unimaginative primary school kid would come up with if they were given the brief.

how boring is that jumper! a map of Tasmania with a letter T in the middle? seems like a grade 6 art project design. They should've put their good modern logo on the front and blown it up 10x the size. Great logo, horrendously boring and amateur logo.

What do these people get for their money?
Probably get their name on a guernsey or a wall somewhere. For 10 bucks I'm in. Marketing genius, sign up 70k members, it'll dwindle as the years go. But by 2028 with an uptick they'll enter the comp with probably 40 to 50k straight up members.

Most importantly, as a Founding Member your name will be represented in our training and administration home forever, we are not exactly sure how we will do it yet, but we can guarantee you your name will be there forever.

Probably get their name on a guernsey or a wall somewhere. For 10 bucks I'm in. Marketing genius, sign up 70k members, it'll dwindle as the years go. But by 2028 with an uptick they'll enter the comp with probably 40 to 50k straight up members.
A big marketing database that paid to get on the list.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not even Tasmanian but will be mighty disappointed if they don't get a team. Why wait until 2028 too? Just play at Blundstone until the new stadium is built if it is.

Lmao
Here we go again. A Tassie team just won't work in the current climate. Journos can bleat on all they want about Tassie being a heartland for football but I've yet to see a plan for a Tasmanian club that would actually succeed.

Put simply, the population is too small and there's not enough money.

Not even Tasmanian but will be mighty disappointed if they don't get a team. Why wait until 2028 too? Just play at Blundstone until the new stadium is built if it is.
The plan is to play at Utas and Bellerive for the first season, but Tasmania faces penalties if it's not complete by the second season.

Because someone has to foot the bill for the $40+ millions of operating expenses of a team per year. Teams get a fair chunk of that by consistently selling large amounts of tickets.

Clearly there's a massive difference between a $10 foundation membership and a $300 annual membership, but this bodes extraordinarily well for a 23,000 seat stadium.

I wonder how many - if any - Tasmanians are considering Saturday's election when pledging their support.

Clearly there's a massive difference between a $10 foundation membership and a $300 annual membership, but this bodes extraordinarily well for a 23,000 seat stadium.

Honestly I expect there to be similar splits to the Giants - not necessarily in numbers - lots of three game members in both Launceston and Hobart and a couple fo thousand full season jobs.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back