Tasmania Congratulations on Tassie License. Mens team to enter 2028. Womens team TBA. Other details TBA 3/5

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I re

May of been more of success in the long term than want North Melbourne has become with its declining crowds,maybe if the government decides to sign up one of the other four teams seriously interested in Tassie games we might have more success.

You might have to explain what you mean here, Sorry I cant follow what your saying.

You might have to explain what you mean here, Sorry I cant follow what your saying.
I'm just saying that we need to find a model with a team that will be successful in the long term with decent crowds unlike North Melbourne,we need to show to the AFL we will support these games to have any chance of our own team.

I'm just saying that we need to find a model with a team that will be successful in the long term with decent crowds unlike North Melbourne,we need to show to the AFL we will support these games to have any chance of our own team.

Thanks.

What more do we need to show the AFL?

They have a business proposal. We've had Fitzroy, StKilda, Hawthorn & North play here.

We had crowds for non local teams playing games here that have been better than any other place.

No more of the lie that if we support games, we will get a team.

We've had enough of that crap.

Message for AFL, stump up or piss off.

9,000 people went to the last hawks game.

Here’s and idea. If you want footy down there, go to the games.

It’s really not difficult.

How many non North games do you go to on a regular basis?

How many non North games do you go to on a regular basis?

None.

But that’s a completely different scenario and one that if you were correct would mean there shouldn’t be a tassie team.

Ie footy mad Tasmania’s already support a team so won’t go and watch a tassie side.

It’s professional football for gods sake. Show the afl that you’ll turn up and you’ll get a team. Show that you don’t care and then suffer the consequences.

Big what if. Where would Tassie football and Fitzroy be if the AFL supported their venture down here.

Might have been a good match

Even the Tasmanian state flag contains a lion. Hobart has the Fitzroy Gardens. Tasmania has the Fitzroy islands.

1200px-Flag_of_Tasmania.svg.png

Be happy with the crumbs Tasmania.
Interesting. 9k for 2 neutral teams is bad. Wonder what he thinks of Norths home crowd vs Adelaide? Barely 4 and a half thousand more.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just over 6000 went to the last North game but it was confirmed at the last minute so that wouldn't of helped and North is due to host GWS and Gold Coast in Hobart later this season,I don't think the numbers will be much better for those games.

It’s not about crumbs. It’s about turning up and supporting footy at precisely the time a review is going on to determine the viability of a tassie team.

Now is the time to turn up and make your case.
Or now is the time to show the AFL fly in fly out teams are no longer a viable product.

Interesting. 9k for 2 neutral teams is bad. Wonder what he thinks of Norths home crowd vs Adelaide? Barely 4 and a half thousand more.

It was a terrible crowd. Aside from crowds being down across the league, north being bottom of the ladder etc.

But there’s been 2 games of afl football in tassie since 2019. The state is trying to prove its case to get a licence.

Turn up and show you care.

Stop deflecting.

Or now is the time to show the AFL fly in fly out teams are no longer a viable product.

Stupid strategy.

Fly in fly out is winding up whatever happens.

If the north and Hawthorn games got a capacity crowd do you think that would

A- show the afl and football world tassie could support a team of there own

B- be used as justification for continued fly in fly out.

The afl are reluctant to make a tassie side, and you think not turning up to games will help you.

Give me a spell

It’s not about crumbs. It’s about turning up and supporting footy at precisely the time a review is going on to determine the viability of a tassie team.

Now is the time to turn up and make your case.
Tasmania has supported footy for 150 years, where has that got them?

Maybe they have realised it doesn't matter how far they walk, the carrot isn't getting any closer.

It was a terrible crowd. Aside from crowds being down across the league, north being bottom of the ladder etc.

But there’s been 2 games of afl football in tassie since 2019. The state is trying to prove its case to get a licence.

Turn up and show you care.

Stop deflecting.
Yes because Hawthorn are up and about this year.

Do North fans not care about the club?

Tasmania has supported footy for 150 years, where has that got them?

Maybe they have realised it doesn't matter how far they walk, the carrot isn't getting any closer.

Seriously disagree.

Now is the time. Right now.

I believe you should have a team. There is a lot of good will out there for tassie.

But geez at the most important time to show your support you’re doing the worst possible thing. Making it appear that you don’t care.

And let’s not forget the Hobart hurricanes. The crowds falling off a cliff in cricket would be reassuring afl house.

Stupid strategy.

Fly in fly out is winding up whatever happens.

If the north and Hawthorn games got a capacity crowd do you think that would

A- show the afl and football world tassie could support a team of there own

B- be used as justification for continued fly in fly out.

The afl are reluctant to make a tassie side, and you think not turning up to games will help you.

Give me a spell
You honestly think the AFL wouldn't point to capacity crowds as proof the current system should stay in place?

Seriously?

🤷‍♂️ Ok then.

You honestly think the AFL wouldn't point to capacity crowds as proof the current system should stay in place?

Seriously?

🤷‍♂️ Ok then.

Wouldn’t trust the afl as far as I can throw them. I’ll give you that.

But if they said that, THEN crowds fell off a cliff you would be proving a point. Now is not the time to protest by non attendance.

Hawthorn got 15k to their last game in Melbourne.

Stop deflecting and turn up im Hobart and Launceston and show the afl you can sustain a team.
Hawthorn fans also don't care about their club? I'm asking questions not deflecting. You haven't answered my question yet, you're just telling me to fly interstate and turn up to a neutral game.

Simple question again for you. If Tassies poor crowd between 2 neutral teams is a sign they don't care or deserve a team, is that logic also applied to poor home crowds for North and Hawthorn?

Wouldn’t trust the afl as far as I can throw them. I’ll give you that.

But if they said that, THEN crowds fell off a cliff you would be proving a point. Now is not the time to protest by non attendance.
I don't think people are protesting,sadly people have just got sick of going to games they have little interest in so just don't want waste 80 dollars for a grandstand seat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back