Tasmania Congratulations on Tassie License. Mens team to enter 2028. Womens team TBA. Other details TBA 3/5

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well you can't really blame Tasmanians,this game would only get 15000 in Melbourne and it obviously shows that Tasmanians are well and truly over North Melbourne.
Indeed, and it proves that Tassie needs its own team to stop the embarrassment of cheap giveaway tickets for out of teams playing games there

What are people's crowd predictions for the game in Hobart today?.....I think probably around the 2500 mark.

What are people's crowd predictions for the game in Hobart today?.....I think probably around the 2500 mark.

That'd be the worst crowd in Bellerive history. Even covid affected crowds last year against the Giants got more than 2.5k.

Looks like a record low attendance in Hobart today for North vs Port, I fear the government definitely won't sign a new deal with north next season because it they just get little out of it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looks like a record low attendance in Hobart today for North vs Port, I fear the government definitely won't sign a new deal with north next season because it they just get little out of it.

During the last quarter I could partially hear the ground announcement about the attendance figure. It was 5 thousand and something.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Sorry if this is already posted.
Not sure why the Govt would need to chip in of the club is profitable. I assume the $7m - 11M per year is a guarantee, so that the AFL does not have to pay an increased dividend like they do with half of the existing clubs.

So the commitment will be 19 mill per year? It says 11 mill plus the existing 8 mill for north and hawks.

So the commitment will be 19 mill per year? It says 11 mill plus the existing 8 mill for north and hawks.

The business case explicitly notes a worst case gov contribution of 9m. AFL funding expected to be about the same level as North/Dogs/Dees at 17m.

The AFL would need to provide access to the same model of AFL annual distributions that other member Clubs currently receive. Elsewhere, we have considered the equity of this and believe a Tasmanian licence would add broadcast or content value to the AFL and should therefore justify its participation in these distributions. Smaller Clubs in 2018 typically received in excess of $22M – while that could be a reasonable request of the AFL in pursuit and support of a Tasmanian licence, we have modelled just $17M. We chose this amount in an endeavour to provide assurances that the club should be more robust financially than either a newly established club or a bottom quartile AFL team, and to ‘incentivise’ the AFL to consider a revamp of what it currently states is a competition structure already stressed with regard to talent with 18 teams. The Government currently funds AFL content in Tasmania by an estimated $7.5-8.5M paid annually under contract directly or via a third-party statutory authority. In building our model, we will require the State to supplement the ‘missing’ AFL ‘small club’ distribution through the provision of an annual grant or fund. We have, however, built a model that suggests that the State need invest less than it does today ($7.3M vs $7.5-8.5M) for additional content (11 versus eight premiership home matches and four versus two AFLW home games) and, crucially, inclusion of its ‘own’ team.

The Funding Question - pg 41.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back