Tasmania wooing Cats

Remove this Banner Ad

Jun 9, 2001
Fogarty Street
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
St Johnstone

"That could be either against Hawthorn at Aurora as part of our existing arrangement in the north......"

LOL, I bet Hawthorn are wrapped about that.

......or at Bellerive if our discussions about staging AFL games in the south are successful.

Ahh yes, but with whom as the home side? I can't see any demands for Geelong to play in Tasmania as the home side, in that article.

I'd sooner play Hawthorn in Melbourne, than Geelong in Melbourne.

I could live with that.

Ms Giddings' push came on the back of a sponsorship deal between the Cats and electricity supplier Momentum, the interstate arm of Tasmanian energy firm Hydro.

:confused:??????????????????

Will the Mayor of Hiroshima be demanding games in Hiroshima because MAZDA sponsors North?

James and Eugene, I hope you have made a call to this "Hydro" mob for when we get set up in Hobart.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

What the rest of the article didn't tell you from the original article in the Hobart Mercury:

"That could be either against Hawthorn at Aurora, as part of our existing arrangement in the North, or at Bellerive if our discussions about staging AFL games in the South are successful.

"In the meantime, we are continuing to work with North Melbourne, businesses and local government to see if we can bring AFL to Bellerive."

http://www.themercury.com.au/article/2011/02/03/204221_tasmania-news.html

Absolutely daft idea. Can't see Geelong selling their home ground advantage for no to minimal profit considering the bikkies they make at Kardinia Park.

If the Einsteins behind this push are indicative of the calibre of people running Tasmania then God help them.

I think we should piss Hawks off, and put North at Aurora. So I wouldn't have to drive 2 hours to watch Kanga's play lol :/

(Log in to remove this ad.)

FFS. The AFL should go in to bat for us for once. 2-3 games in Hobart. NOT at the expense of the Melbourne games or our foray into Ballarat.

Did anyone actually read the article? They're talking about scheduling Geelong as the AWAY team against Hawthorn or us.

Did anyone actually read the article? They're talking about scheduling Geelong as the AWAY team against Hawthorn or us.
Those extra clicks are a bridge too far.

Unless they're waving a cheque with our name and six zeros before the decimal point, I don't give a toss what the Tas Gov't has to say about us playing there.

Any price they pay would now have to include compensation for stuffing us around with the last bid, which they of course invited.

Unless they're waving a cheque with our name and six zeros before the decimal point, I don't give a toss what the Tas Gov't has to say about us playing there.

Any price they pay would now have to include compensation for stuffing us around with the last bid, which they of course invited.
What with your shoulder reconstruction 'n' all, I get some weird 'Black Knight' imagery here with you challenging Giddings to a fight.

work.5595361.1.sticker,375x360.tis-but-a-scratch-monty-pythons-black-knight-v1.png

Come back Tasmania, you yellow bastard! I'll bite your legs off!

Those extra clicks are a bridge too far.
pfft.

Who has time for reading and informing oneself these days Kimbo.

Vote 1 De Rauch.

Nowhere. Its the government's response to being embarrassed by the revelation that the Hydro (govt owned power company who have an arm in Vic) is a sponsor of Geelong.
There's nothing to it other than political games to pretend there's a reason (other than commercial interests of the company) behind the sponsorship. In essence, its another response to yet more whinging from the Hobart Mercury about the fact that Launceston gets AFL games - but the Mercury whinges every time the state government reseals a road north of Ross.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back