GoldenMagpie16

Club Legend
May 29, 2016
Tasmania
AFL Club
Tasmania
Other Teams
Tasmania Devils
Hello everyone, we would highly appreciate it if you can put your name down for Believe Tasmanian as it'll help our chances of finally getting an AFL side in the distant future.

The 1-minute campaign ad advertised is literally awesome as it sends shivers down my spine and sends a message that we all could understand.

Screenshot_117.png

The Devils Advocate

Formerly Bipolarbear
Jul 29, 2008
Macquarie Point
AFL Club
Tasmania
Other Teams
Bombers, SA Spurs, Browns and Eels
Lol Tony Cochrane, trying to make himself and the GC rivals with the Tasmanian team. So incredibly obvious and vapid. Yes, Tasmanians gave you s**t last time you came down, because unlike the GC, we are a passionate place.

madmug

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 17, 2009
Hobart
AFL Club
Collingwood
Lol Tony Cochrane, trying to make himself and the GC rivals with the Tasmanian team. So incredibly obvious and vapid. Yes, Tasmanians gave you s**t last time you came down, because unlike the GC, we are a passionate place.
GC should feel quite at home today.

Its a near empty stadium. ;)

LoungeLizard

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 15, 2009
Gippsland
AFL Club
Collingwood
I don't think he wants to be rivals, I don't think he wants you in the same league.

LoungeLizard

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 15, 2009
Gippsland
AFL Club
Collingwood
I thought it was funny ;).

Cochrane laugh?

For a guy in the entertainment industry, I've never seen him smile let alone laugh!!. :D
I don't think I would even know what he looks like.

But from what I am hearing, the vote doesn't look good at the moment, so he may get the last laugh.

madmug

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 17, 2009
Hobart
AFL Club
Collingwood
I don't think I would even know what he looks like.

But from what I am hearing, the vote doesn't look good at the moment, so he may get the last laugh.

Glasses, blank look, upside down smile, silly shirt.

ie CG business type. ;)

He's been called the 'Donald Trump' of the AFL.

I hope the Feds don't have to raid him!!!!!

LoungeLizard

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 15, 2009
Gippsland
AFL Club
Collingwood
Glasses, blank look, upside down smile, silly shirt.

ie CG business type. ;)

He's been called the 'Donald Trump' of the AFL.

I hope the Feds don't have to raid him!!!!!
I take it you don't like him then.

Sounds like most Tassie fans don't, but one thing I know, you won't win his vote by abusing him, he may have friends in other clubs as well, because it sounds like more clubs are voting no.

madmug

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 17, 2009
Hobart
AFL Club
Collingwood
I take it you don't like him then.

Sounds like most Tassie fans don't, but one thing I know, you won't win his vote by abusing him, he may have friends in other clubs as well, because it sounds like more clubs are voting no.

Never met him. Heard him, seen vison & photos. Others called him DT.

You may be good at Brown nosing people for a result, but I'm not. So that matters not.

I'd be surprised if he had friends. Business types like him have associates.

Clubs can vote how they like. Facts, data, history, emotion, who knows what they weigh up or why.

I may be disappointed, I may not. Life will go on whichever way it falls.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

LoungeLizard

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 15, 2009
Gippsland
AFL Club
Collingwood
Never met him. Heard him, seen vison & photos. Others called him DT.

You may be good at Brown nosing people for a result, but I'm not. So that matters not.

I'd be surprised if he had friends. Business types like him have associates.

Clubs can vote how they like. Facts, data, history, emotion, who knows what they weigh up or why.

I may be disappointed, I may not. Life will go on whichever way it falls.
I don't need to brown nose anyone, but you seem to like getting others offside, you seem good at that.

madmug

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 17, 2009
Hobart
AFL Club
Collingwood
I don't need to brown nose anyone, but you seem to like getting others offside, you seem good at that.
Thats good that you don't, neither do I.

Others can decide to take offence if they like. So what?

I certainly don't think the Government need to crawl to the AFL's Donnie Trump!!! He's a business man after all, the proposal was done in a business like manner.

If any other Presidents do actually listen to him, the boss of the GC financial 'powerhouse' club, I'd be surprised. I doubt other clubs members would be impressed if they did! ;)

I'm sure the clubs will make their own minds up, based on whatever they want. Facts, data, history, emotion, bias or whatever.

Jul 2, 2018
Somerset Tasmania
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Swan Districts FC WAFL
Why don't you start building the new stadium immediately? How can Tasmania put a new side into the AFL. Getting Hawthorn and more likely North Melbourne or even Gold Coast to relocate is your best bet. Tassie just doesn't have the local talent, players who walk into and perform immediately for the team, as they did in WA and SA. Sydney was a relocated team, as was Brisbane eventually. Has to be your course as well. But start that stadium, show them you mean business.

madmug

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 17, 2009
Hobart
AFL Club
Collingwood
Why don't you start building the new stadium immediately? How can Tasmania put a new side into the AFL. Getting Hawthorn and more likely North Melbourne or even Gold Coast to relocate is your best bet. Tassie just doesn't have the local talent, players who walk into and perform immediately for the team, as they did in WA and SA. Sydney was a relocated team, as was Brisbane eventually. Has to be your course as well. But start that stadium, show them you mean business.

Getting the ducks lined up is how things progress.

First start getting the finances lined up. Thats started,

2nd start the design work. Soon I guess, its only really just been decided we need one.

At best no one will put a shovel in the ground until we see the need for it. ie the licence is granted.

LoungeLizard

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 15, 2009
Gippsland
AFL Club
Collingwood
They will need talent from outside Tassie to compete,they have supporters who think they own the right to have their own side, they would be struggling to get off the bottom for more than 1 in 10 years with just Tassie talent.

The Government has been spending millions on AFL sides for years, all that money could have gone towards Tassie clubs, but no, that's the AFL's job.

Jazny

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 2, 2014
AFL Club
Tasmania
Other Teams
#TeamTurboChooks
They will need talent from outside Tassie to compete,they have supporters who think they own the right to have their own side, they would be struggling to get off the bottom for more than 1 in 10 years with just Tassie talent.

The Government has been spending millions on AFL sides for years, all that money could have gone towards Tassie clubs, but no, that's the AFL's job.

head-tap.gif

PREETY_FLY

Club Legend
Oct 19, 2012
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Suns
2027 looks to be the first year for the tassie team according to the AFL document.
Federal government will fund a stadium.

This will happen.

nobbyiscool

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 11, 2006
Democratic People's Republic of Victoria
AFL Club
Tasmania
Other Teams
Raiders/TasTigers/MV/Iggles
Outrageous that this proposal seems to have become contingent on a $350m stadium. There are 2 perfectly good stadia there already. Macquarie Point should be something to work towards, not a day 1 requirement.

The AFL seems to have a short memory with some of the shitholes they’ve played in very recently.

LoungeLizard

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 15, 2009
Gippsland
AFL Club
Collingwood
Outrageous that this proposal seems to have become contingent on a $350m stadium. There are 2 perfectly good stadia there already. Macquarie Point should be something to work towards, not a day 1 requirement.

The AFL seems to have a short memory with some of the shitholes they’ve played in very recently.
Is it a day 1 requirement?

1st of heard this if it is.

PREETY_FLY

Club Legend
Oct 19, 2012
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Suns

Na, I think a new stadium to start is what you need

Remove this Banner Ad

Back